Mark Buehrle: "Something bad needs to happen" to Michael Vick

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
i'm sorry, you have two links that are the same.

A serial killer is more valuable then a dog. The killer still gets punished, but a dog gets killed for biting someone, people might get a fine for doing the same.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
While I agree he shouldn't have made a vengeful statement, wishing harm on another person, no matter what Vick did, I do agree with Mark's sentiment. But it is something he should have kept to himself, or stated in a better way, like, "the punishment he received wasn't adequate enough for the pain and suffering he allowed to happen to another living being..." and left it at that. It's never the place for a high-profile athlete to voice his/her desire for harm to befall another person. I understand his passion regarding our four-legged companions because I feel the same way, but the way he handled it doesn't show good character, IMHO. I still love him as a player and respect him as a person, though.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm sorry, you have two links that are the same.

A serial killer is more valuable then a dog. The killer still gets punished, but a dog gets killed for biting someone, people might get a fine for doing the same.

Sorry I fixed the lnks.

Yes they are more valuable than serial killers. No not the dogs that bite people, but dogs that save lives, or horses that help work the fields.

Animals are more valuable to this world than people like the 9/11 bombers or Jeffrey Dahmer.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry I fixed the lnks.

Yes they are more valuable than serial killers. No not the dogs that bite people, but dogs that save lives, or horses that help work the fields.

Animals are more valuable to this world than people like the 9/11 bombers or Jeffrey Dahmer.

Very well said.

This reminds me of a really good quote.

"Be the kind of man that your dog thinks you are."

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry I fixed the lnks.

:clap::clap:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awe, hasn't this conversation turned cute...

animal_souls.jpg

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I personally don't care that Mark said that. He isn't the first person that's wished bad things on Vick. He was just the first major critic to publicly speak out as regards to wanting him hurt. I do think he shouldn't have said it because our society freaks out at crap like this. It's not that big of a deal. Vick got off easy. He should have been in jail for a month for every dog. There were like 56 dead pups found. He most certainly needed football completely taken away. But then again people do deserve 2nd chances if they clean up their act.

Last edited:

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Like I said, and i just want to say again, Hunting and Dog Fighting are very different. I dont want anybody to think that i think they are the same. But Buehrle isnt winning PETAs man of the year award

With how much he contributes to PETA, he probably should be considered.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say something bad needs to happen to Mark..

Dmartin7652

Liked Posts:
Watch burhele gets hurt. God don't like ugly and hipocrites always get what they deserve.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You are not comparing apples to apples. Take myself. Say in ten years I am going to do something horrific, but it hasn't happened yet. I get in a fight and bite a person. Most valuable animal in the world gets in a fight and bites a person at the same time.

At worst I get a fine, at best, the animal gets to live two extra days. Now ten years later, I get the death penalty, but again, that's the apple to orange comparison.

Life of any human out weighs all non-human life. That's what's not even close. Sorry animal lovers, but you might be placing too much importance on those which we rule over.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are not comparing apples to apples. Take myself. Say in ten years I am going to do something horrific, but it hasn't happened yet. I get in a fight and bite a person. Most valuable animal in the world gets in a fight and bites a person at the same time.

At worst I get a fine, at best, the animal gets to live two extra days. Now ten years later, I get the death penalty, but again, that's the apple to orange comparison.

Life of any human out weighs all non-human life. That's what's not even close. Sorry animal lovers, but you might be placing too much importance on those which we rule over.

Well thats a very odd way to look at "value." In that aspect I guess I agree with you, but I don't really think that's the way most people would look at "value."

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well thats a very odd way to look at "value." In that aspect I guess I agree with you, but I don't really think that's the way most people would look at "value."

Perhaps I am misreading this too. eh.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:

:obama: "Rule over?!" :smh: We are supposed to be the caretakers, not oppressors. Sad philosophy ya got there...

Your analogy isn't even apples to apples. We're talking about large-scale animal cruelty, not one dog. Even Vick admitted what he did was inhumane:

“I totally understand there’s going to be people who will never forgive me,” Vick said. “I can’t change the perception of what they feel about me. I understand that what I did was totally inhumane and unethical, but I can’t change it. I don’t know what else I could do other than what I’m doing right now.” -Michael Vick