4 Man Rotation To Start The Year, Possible 5th Starter Candidates

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I'm not a Sox fan, but I don't like the move on the Sox behalf.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do. It isn't going to be forever.

Yeah I know but it's a long season and making the pitchers pitch too much in the beginning of the season could hurt. That's why I'm against it.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah I know but it's a long season and making the pitchers pitch too much in the beginning of the season could hurt. That's why I'm against it.

Maybe, but I don't think it is a huge deal.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I would imagine its more than 10-15 innings if its a whole month. And even if they keep the outings short early on, they risk the bullpen being a liability. In 2009 Contreras and Colon were always pitching 4-5 innings a start and that was a huge strain on the bullpen that season, which resulted in 22 losses from the pen that season, to be fair 7 of those came from Linebrink. I realize its just a month, but why risk it?

Last edited:

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
I would imagine its more than 10-15 innings if its a whole month. And even if they keep the outings short early on, they risk the bullpen being a liability. In 2009 Contreras and Colon were always pitching 4-5 innings a start and that was a huge strain on the bullpen that season, which resulted in 22 losses from the pen that season, to be fair 7 of those came from Linebrink. I realize its just a month, but why risk it?

there are 28 games in the first month which if we had 5 starters going it would mean they would each have 5.6 starts, with 4 starters its 7 starts meaning each pitcher will be required to make 1.4 more starts in the first month which say the average start is 6 innings the would each pitch about 10more innings a piece. thats the way I see it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there are 28 games in the first month which if we had 5 starters going it would mean they would each have 5.6 starts, with 4 starters its 7 starts meaning each pitcher will be required to make 1.4 more starts in the first month which say the average start is 6 innings the would each pitch about 10more innings a piece. thats the way I see it.

well either way, sale is now working out with the starters, and is rumored to be in the rotation per 670

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
Sale as a reliever...

Chris Sale WILL NOT be a starting pitcher. The latest from Camelback Ranch:

White Sox Make Controversial Call On Chris Sale

219d1295921216-who-should-our-closer-2011-chris-sale-chicago-white-sox-button-jpg