Will BRIAN CAMPBELL be back in time to make a difference

buff#1fan

Liked Posts:
FRACTURED RIB,CLAVICLE OUT 7-8 WEEKS; Has resumed Practicing......The tablets that Brian Campbell takes to help his broken collarbone and rib heal are filled with calcium and taste like chalk.

"Supposedly they work," said Campbell, who won't play in Friday's Game 1 against Nashville, but participated in team drills during Wednesday's practice for the first time since being injured on March 14. "If they don't, I'm going to be pretty mad."

That's because the tablets, called "Calcifood," aren't much for taste connoisseurs.

"They are terrible," Campbell laughed. "They're just dry stuff in your mouth. You chew on them and then drink whatever you can as quickly as possible … so you don't have to taste them."

They have to taste better than getting injured against Washington, when Capitals star Alex Ovechkin pushed Campbell from behind and drove him into the boards headfirst. Ovechkin got a two-game suspension, while Campbell missed the rest of the regular season with a diagnosis of up to eight weeks away from hockey.

Just 4-1/2 weeks out from the injury, Campbell said he wouldn't classify his rehabilitation as ahead of schedule. Yet, he also wouldn't rule out playing in the Nashville series at some point.

"I practiced today and pretty much kept up with 'em," Campbell said. "I'm just going to keep skating. I haven't ruled out anything but Game 1. That's all I will rule out now and that's how I'll move forward. The biggest thing is getting my legs ready for when I do get back."

Campbell meets with his doctor once a week and has yet to have this week's check-up.

Since Campbell went out, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville has shuffled his defensive pairings to compensate. He moved forward Dustin Byfuglien back to his old position on the blue line and paired him with Brent Seabrook. He then paired Duncan Keith with Niklas Hjalmarsson.

The experiment worked, but Quenneville would love to get "Soupy" Campbell back in the rotation for the playoffs. Campbell scored 7 goals to go with 31 assists in 68 games and brings a strong offensive presence on the blue line.

"He's a great asset and you can use him in a lot of ways," Quenneville said. "Him and (Hjalmarsson) was a real nice pair for us. (With Campbell) you get his speed on the back end. You get puck possession. You get a threat off the rush or off the point. He enhances our overall puck possession and speed game."

Asked if Campbell might return in the Nashville series, Quenneville took a wait-and-see approach.

"We'll see how it progresses," he said. "Earlier on, when he was first injured, I don't think it was on the radar. But we'll play it by ear."

One thing is certain. Campbell will be at all the games -- including those in Tennessee.

"If they don't take me I'll fly myself," he said. "I'm not missing it."

bennjuiced34

Liked Posts:
I'm on the fence with Campbell. I think we miss his skating and passing ability, but I'm not a very big fan of his because he's a pussy and makes a lot of dumb mistakes. I think getting him back will give us a lift but I don't think he's the quote on quote "missing piece" for this team that will put us over the top. He's a good player but for the amount of money he's earning I expect more from him.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
getting him back should make a difference. whatever the Hawks can get should help.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
he might not have made a difference on the scoring sheet, but we started playing a hell of alot better when he came back! The chemistry of this team is amazing when we are healthy

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think hossa scoring was the biggest difference though.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
^^^ im just saying that Campbell returning seemed to spark the team big time....Hossa's goal was vital in that as well because the momentum he gave us carried over for game 7

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^ im just saying that Campbell returning seemed to spark the team big time....Hossa's goal was vital in that as well because the momentum he gave us carried over for game 7

agreed.

i drink bath water

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luongo won the gold for Team Canada, the Blackhawks better able to stop Vancouver or they will lose

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Luongo has had a sub-par year to say the least...convert on the PP and we win