Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I hope Jackson does well. We're probably not going to resign him regardless though. So maybe he'll pitch out of his mind for a big free agent contract after this season, same for Buehrle.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Jackson does well. We're probably not going to resign him regardless though. So maybe he'll pitch out of his mind for a big free agent contract after this season, same for Buehrle.

if he can pitch out of his mind, plus having peavy back. wow.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I like him, def a very good #5 man in the rotation.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
my early prediction for this kid is he's going to be a beast on the mound maybe 15-10, mid 2era, 200 ip, 150k's the guy who finally makes KW look smart for getting him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
my early prediction for this kid is he's going to be a beast on the mound maybe 15-10, mid 2era, 200 ip, 150k's the guy who finally makes KW look smart for getting him.

I would love to call you a genius for years to come for this to come true.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Not unlikely, dude is super athletic

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
when we got hm last year I was excited and I didn't want him shipped out in exchange for Dunn at all. Now that we still have him and now have Dunn as well needless to say I feel like a kid in a candy store!:clap:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's awful in my eyes. Last year he played against the worst teams. When he plays a full year in the much more talented AL, he's going to be shelled again. Hope I am wrong, but his numbers says I'm probably right.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If he can get close to 15 wins in the #5 spot, the White Sox should be sitting at the top of the AL Central in October.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If he can get close to 15 wins in the #5 spot, the White Sox should be sitting at the top of the AL Central in October.

EJ gets 15 wins from the 5 spot we should have 105+ wins

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
Peavy will pitch out of the #5 slot but in terms of depth I agree he is #5 right now I can see him moving past Floyd and really knocking on the door for the #3 slot on the depth chart by August. I also believe that all of out pitchers should have at least 10 wins this season. I remember when Contreras came out of no where and became the Ace in the World Championship season of 2005 If Peavy doesn't step up to be that Ace this year somebody else will have to and with the staff we have I don't put it past any of them to grab the ball and say c'mon follow me. JMO

This ain't PR lettuce I'm puffing on niether...:smoke:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I figure:

Buehrle: 14-8
Jackson: 12-10
Danks: 12-9
Floyd: 12-8
Peavy: 9-4

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How can you predict W-L? How can anyone? That's such a waste of time. You don't know what kind of run support they will get, how the defense will be behind them, et cetera.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
How can you predict W-L? How can anyone? That's such a waste of time. You don't know what kind of run support they will get, how the defense will be behind them, et cetera.

Is there some law saying that you can't predict stats that are also affected by the rest of the team?

I don't see anything wrong with him looking at the team and then at the pitcher and making a guess.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there some law saying that you can't predict stats that are also affected by the rest of the team?

I don't see anything wrong with him looking at the team and then at the pitcher and making a guess.

There are just sooooo many variables that go into it. Plus, W-L as a whole is Special person. It doesn't show how the pitcher pitches at all. It shows how the team did in the games that pitcher pitches.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fans aren't allowed to have fun. Being a fan is serious business. No time wasting allowed.

Didn't you get the memo?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fans aren't allowed to have fun. Being a fan is serious business. No time wasting allowed.

Didn't you get the memo?

Sorry, must have missed that memo. Thanks for the news.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:

I respect your opinion and your right I don't know. That is why it was my prediction based on how I see this staff and in particular a real good and live young arm in this kid. I have always likes this kid and felt he could be something special at some point in his MLB career. When we got Danks and Floyd the other organizations where they came from were about to give up on these kids and am I glad we got em. All I'm saying is this kid can be our next Danks/Floyd type steal in a trade. Most people don't like the kid because of his salary I look at it as a kid who took what he could get when he got it and good for him!