The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. I think it's character immersion in Oblivion. You actually get to be a character of your choice. In Fallout, you're just a person with guns. Oblivion, you can be a tank, a thief, a mage, and assassin, an all around character. There's just so many different things you can be.

that is the main reason for me, plus the era

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I am much more of a fan of the fantasy/medieval era, the Fallout, post-apocalypse universe is equally as cool. Fallout is all about the crazy perks you can get, which can completely change your character. The humor in Fallout is also great!

That said, New Vegas is basically an expansion to Fallout 3, which was a bit disappointing. But it was still fun and I played through it twice :)

As far as Dragon Age 2, it was made by the laziest developers that I have ever seen. I beat it in 36 hours, and you stay in the same f-ing town the ENTIRE TIME. There are zero new areas after you are 4-5 hours into the game. Very, very sad.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
screenshots
xlarge_wolveshealmace.jpg

xlarge_cave01.jpg

xlarge_draugrhero.jpg

xlarge_icewraiths.jpg

xlarge_lakemountains.jpg

xlarge_stealthkill.jpg

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is going to be such a great game,I've been waiting for it forever!!!

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gametrailers will air new info next Wednesday. Select members of the press are being shown a demo of it today.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNGWqyIBZwU]YouTube - ‪The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim E3 2011 13 Minutes of Extended Demo‬‏[/ame]

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Is this game going to be all first person, or is there an option to use a third person view instead? I'm getting this game either way, I just never liked the idea of first person RPG games.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
When they made this engine, they really worked on the third person camera. Oblivion and Fallout's third person gameplay was pretty bad, but since there are a ton of third person fans, they really worked on that aspect of the game. I haven't heard Bethesda say "playing in third person will be just as good as first person", but I do know they really wanted to make this game almost equal from both perspectives.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah this time they made it better for 3rd person. I'll probably switch back and fourth like I did in Oblivion.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Todd Howard (game designer for Skyrim) at Bethesda has announced at Quakecon that the Dark Brotherhood will once again work under the cloak of night in Skyrim. Bethesda’s official blog via Twitter has stated the following.

:crazydance:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
T83AK.jpg

Race comparison from Skyrim and Oblivion. Why can't it be November already?

Click the picture to make it bigger

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will be no weapon and armor degradation in Skyrim. But you can make your weapons and armor stronger. Also, Bethesda will fix minor bugs similar to how EA Sports does roster tweaks.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim official trailer

I really wish i could get into this.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you played Oblivion? Or Morrowind? I know you like Fallout, that's how I got into Elder Scrolls in the first place. Fallout 3 led me to Oblivion and once I played Oblivion I tried tracking down the previous games and got into the lore of the series.

Some people I talk to just can't get into the fantasy setting of the games. They prefer the post apocalyptic Fallout games instead. Can't go wrong with either one though. Bethesda is a great developer (minus the bugs that come with their huge games).

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I liked Daggerfall a lot, but I haven't had the time to get back into the series. Is it still the same concept?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The main concept has pretty much stayed the same.

Most changes were in game play mechanics. IIRC in Daggerfall you had to move the mouse in a direction to swing your sword, now it's just a button press. And like in Morrowind it did a "dice roll" to see if you made contact or not, they got rid of that in Oblivion. Basically just a hack-n-slash, archery, spell-casting game now.

Skyrim is getting rid of spell-crafting I believe. That has always been a part of Elder Scrolls.

You can still join factions and choose which quests you feel like doing/avoiding throughout the game.

It's more in-depth with character building. So many different skills and stuff you can work on and change or ignore.

Definitely a series where you have to dedicate some time to. Not a game you can play every now and then, because you'll pick it up one day and be like "Ok where the hell am I and what am I doing" and you'll just forget everything about your character.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sounds great. And I see all of the crazy mods and hacks for the series on PC, which is stuff I'm into, but IDK why, I just never got around to playing the rest of the series.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hacks are insane. That's the main downfall of playing on a console, can't use mods. I do have a copy of Oblivion for PC, but my laptop is nowhere near a gaming laptop. Plus after playing with a controller, using a keyboard and mouse to play is kinda hard. I've tried using a 360 controller to play it, but I just can't get the axis' right on the joysticks.