The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Released today :fap:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PjqsYzBrP-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is going to be the best game ever!

It's looking like it will trump Oblivion for sure. And Oblivion was one of the best I've ever played (playing it right now actually).

And it comes out the week after Uncharted 3... its gonna be tough for the people voting for game of the year for 2011.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really need to play Oblivion. I bought it to play it for this game.

Haven't touched it though.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really need to play Oblivion. I bought it to play it for this game.

Haven't touched it though.

You'll enjoy it. "Fallout 3 with swords" is the reverse comparison to Fallout 3's "Oblivion with guns". I like it better than Fallout 3 because of the fantasy setting. I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, so getting hooked on Oblivion was easy.

Most difficult thing for your first playthrough is choosing your skills because you don't really know how you'll want to play the game until you actually play it. You might want to be a tank using axes and warhammers, or a soldier with claymores and swords, or a thief with bows and daggers, or a mage. Picking your race is another huge key too. It's an amazing game though, I really think you'll like it.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Started it today. I was the lion looking guy, and was the warrior and the scout.

Its pretty good, I dont like the UI all that much though.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Started it today. I was the lion looking guy, and was the warrior and the scout.

Its pretty good, I dont like the UI all that much though.

Ah, a Kahjiit, they're pretty good. That's the race my buddy always picks because of having the Night Eye ability and they're fast.

Yeah the UI is something they got some negative feedback from and they're totally revamping it for Skyrim.

And Warrior/Scout is a pretty good choice to start out. If you play through again you can create a custom class and choose which skills you want exactly. There are some skills I never use so that's why I don't choose any of the pre-set classes. Acrobatics, Alchemy, Athletics, Blade, Light Armor, Security, Sneak is usually what I go with in my custom class, with a Wood Elf or Nord.

If you ever find the game too hard, you can go into the settings and move the difficulty slider all the way to the left to make it really easy. Like one hit kills. I've had two friends trade in the game because they said it was too hard and didn't know you could change the difficulty.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah, a Kahjiit, they're pretty good. That's the race my buddy always picks because of having the Night Eye ability and they're fast.

Yeah I chose him due to the night eye, because if there is one thing I hate about Fallout games its that I have such a hard time seeing at night.

If there are two things its god awful looking NPC's.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oblivion has some of the ugliest faces I've ever seen in a game.

Oblivion:
elder_scrolls_IV.jpg

Skyrim:
elder-scrolls-skyrim-4.jpg

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nice to see im not the only nerd who loves Oblivion. I must be the sexiest Oblivion player ever...

This game looks epic though, i love the Elder Scrolls games. I must have wastes hundreds of hours on Oblivion. I started a new one a few months back. hate my character. For now on im only gonna be a warrior whos good with a bow. Never trying this magic shit ever again. Takes me like an hour to kill a crab LMFAO. Ive always wanted to be one of those gamers who know all the ins and outs of Oblivion but i forget about everything after it happens.

Anyways i cant fn wait for this game. By the time it comes out i should be moved back into FL and hopefully have a great job(s). I hope i have enough time for it.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good to see a few Elder Scrolls fans on this site. Oblivion would definitely have to be in my top 5 games of all time. From the look of things Skyrim might bump Oblivion right out of the top 5.

Anytime, I feel you on the magic thing. I just tried being a magic based character on my last playthrough and just couldn't do it. I'm better with a bow than I am with Destruction magic.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just starte new game on oblivion.

Fuck that magic troll in the caves when you're breaking out of the imperial prison.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can not wait for this game.

In the meantime, if you are waiting for a good RPG similar to Eldar Scrolls, check out Two Worlds 2. Two Worlds 1 was all-time horrific, but 2 is really, really good.

It blows Dragon Age 2 out of the water. Of course, Dragon Age 2 is one of the most over-hyped games I have ever played. Worst game of 2011... and 2010, by far.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can not wait for this game.

In the meantime, if you are waiting for a good RPG similar to Eldar Scrolls, check out Two Worlds 2. Two Worlds 1 was all-time horrific, but 2 is really, really good.

It blows Dragon Age 2 out of the water. Of course, Dragon Age 2 is one of the most over-hyped games I have ever played. Worst game of 2011... and 2010, by far.

Im gonna look into that. I played the Dragon Aged 2 demo and i thought it was awful.

I think im going to pick up Fallout: New Vegas, used.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im gonna look into that. I played the Dragon Aged 2 demo and i thought it was awful.

I think im going to pick up Fallout: New Vegas, used.

The User Scores on Metacritic are horrible for Dragon Age 2. I was shocked when I saw them. They were worse but they've gotten a little better. Metacritic score in parenthesis.

PC-4.3/10 (82/100)
PS3- 3.9/10 (82/100)
360- 4.4/100 (79/100)

I remember at one point all three were below 3.1/10.

Fallout: New Vegas was pretty fun. Definitely nowhere near as good as Fallout 3. It just felt like an expansion pack. Didn't deserve to be on my shelf between Fallout 3 and The God of War Collection, so I traded it in. Can't wait for Fallout 4 on this new Skyrim engine. That'll be sweet.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I had Fallout 3. When i heard it was basically Elder Scrolls with guns i hopped all on it. IDK what it was but i got disinterested pretty quick and traded it in. I cant remember why exactly. Maybe it was because i got it from some guy who got stolen games(thats what im assuming). I had a few new games with Fallout 3 so maybe it was just too much variety at once. Ive been thinking about giving it another try.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
You might love New Vegas then, since you didn't finish Fallout 3. It won't feel like an expansion for you. There's more to do in New Vegas, more weapons, but there's just something about it for me that just made it feel blah. It was fun, but I haven't had any itches to play it again like I do with Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
oblivion>Fallout IMO

This. I think it's character immersion in Oblivion. You actually get to be a character of your choice. In Fallout, you're just a person with guns. Oblivion, you can be a tank, a thief, a mage, and assassin, an all around character. There's just so many different things you can be.