Town still belongs to Chicago Cubs, but...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
As I have said before, the Sox and Cubs probably have an equal amount of actual fans. Fans who follow the game, the standings. People who actually know what a balk and the infield fly rule are, and at least who some of the players are out on the field. It's probably split pretty close to 50/50. It's when you start factoring in all the pseudo, casual fans. The Lincoln Park Trixies and their pink Cub half shirts; the Wrigleyville Fratboys wearing their backwards hat and flipflops; the tourists, out of towners, when you add all that to the mix, then that's where you get the whole "there's a lot more Cubs fans than Sox fans" and "the Cubs are WAY more popular" bits.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
302958492_6ba9003c80.jpg

Pretty sure the skyline is gonna be lit up to who is winning..

Just like it has been for the Bears, Cubs, Hawks, Bulls, Sox.. this city recognizes its winners.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I have said before, the Sox and Cubs probably have an equal amount of actual fans. Fans who follow the game, the standings. People who actually know what a balk and the infield fly rule are, and at least who some of the players are out on the field. It's probably split pretty close to 50/50. It's when you start factoring in all the pseudo, casual fans. The Lincoln Park Trixies and their pink Cub half shirts; the Wrigleyville Fratboys wearing their backwards hat and flipflops; the tourists, out of towners, when you add all that to the mix, then that's where you get the whole "there's a lot more Cubs fans than Sox fans" and "the Cubs are WAY more popular" bits.

Id say right after 2005 was probably the closest its ever been.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Ok, now take out the pseudo-Sox fans... it is just a stereotype of Cubs fans... Sox have them too....

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I like Sox too BTW... don't get me wrong.