Gorzelanny may be safe after all.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Wow Randy Wells. Can't even retire ONE batter? In the biggest game of the young season?

Gorzelanny has been more impressive and consistent all season but hasn't received any run support.

Harry Caray

Liked Posts:
agreed! its amazing how one inning can do so much damage. I mean, we hadnt even recorded an out, and the game already feels like it is over. hopefully our offense can get at least 2 runs back in the bottom of the inning to gain some sort of momentum.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I've got a feeling it's going to be a long nine innings today. I can't recall Wells having a good outing minus the no decision in Texas.

/facepalm

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I doubt Wells goes to the bullpen though. Lou hasn't made a good call yet this year. lol

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's so much sending Randy to the pen, as much as it is trade him for a reliever that isn't Grablow or Homerun Howry (although I have no idea what Wells' contract looks like).

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Yeah but like I said earlier this month, the front office (behind closed doors) isn't very pleased with Wells' attitude and approach. They say that he feels entitled since his good season last year.

I can't cite sources but that's what I heard.