Dempster is giving money back to team.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I like X. Granted his arm problems are killing us when he is in, his bat is still decent. Only problem is he can't get going because there is really no way to keep him in all the time.

*Waits for Lefty to tell me I'm wrong because of his stats.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Dempster is deferring 3 million of his 2010 salary at little/no interest. This will create some flexibility for the front office to make a move or two at the deadline.

Wow, talk about a team player!

A player and a man that many should learn from... Doesn't have as big of a name throughout the MLB, but cleary should be one that the younger generations should look up to.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
he wants that World Series!

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is when you step to the plate... or to the mound in Dempsters case... and ask "Do you want a ring or a paycheck?"

I would take the ring.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I like X. Granted his arm problems are killing us when he is in, his bat is still decent. Only problem is he can't get going because there is really no way to keep him in all the time.

*Waits for Lefty to tell me I'm wrong because of his stats.

Well if you know I'm going to tell you you're wrong (you are), then why make the statement? Why not actually look at how he's doing (73 OPS+, yuck) and then make the correct move and not say "his bat is still decent". It isn't.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Inaccurate, the deferral was actual made in the winter, allowing the Cubs to sign Xavier Nady, it just wasn't reported until now.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Ramirez needs to give back his whole salary.

It amazes me the kneejerk reactions the half hearted Cubs fans have for their players.

The most consistent Cubs hitter over the last 4 years and now people want him out of Chicago.

I'm ashamed to be a Cubs fan because of the collective psyche of the fan base.

But anyway,yes,Dempster's a good dude.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It amazes me the kneejerk reactions the half hearted Cubs fans have for their players.

The most consistent Cubs hitter over the last 4 years and now people want him out of Chicago.

I'm ashamed to be a Cubs fan because of the collective psyche of the fan base.

But anyway,yes,Dempster's a good dude.

While I agree w/ you to some extent, CubbieBlue has a point, too. There's 3 things I know about A-Ram: He's slightly better w/ the glove than given credit for, but not as good as most Cubs fans say he is...He can carry a team on his back for a couple months...and he's going to miss a month to a month and a half every season. For him to make what he makes, and watch a teammate try to help out a team (regardless of how effective the "help" actually is) is frustrating.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Well if you know I'm going to tell you you're wrong (you are), then why make the statement? Why not actually look at how he's doing (73 OPS+, yuck) and then make the correct move and not say "his bat is still decent". It isn't.

Cause when I don't get to see my girlfriend all that much I'd like someone to tell me I'm wrong no matter what I say.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i cant believe that the ownership sux this bad..no wonder hendry cant get any help..the owner has to borrow money from players....i hate this owenership already

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Cause when I don't get to see my girlfriend all that much I'd like someone to tell me I'm wrong no matter what I say.

Fair enough. Though you're not wrong "not matter what you say", you're wrong when you say dumb things. Either way, I'm happy to oblige.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I get biased in certain players if I like them. I don't pay that much attention to the stats like you do. But I do appreciate you telling me I'm wrong all the time. :)

CarlosSilva

Liked Posts:
At least someone supports the Cubs... We should have used it for Johnny gomes instead. He is doing much better than Nady so far.