Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I rented this game from redbox for the weekend while a few of my friends were in town. We had a BLAST playing it last night.. and will probably play again sometime tonight. None of us are good at all, just a bunch of button mashers, so I claim absolutely no skill at this game whatsoever.

I have a question, though. I am playing story mode and want to beat it before I return the game tomorrow. I am stuck in chapter 11 or 12... I was just the asian dude with the razor hat and after I won my last fight, Shao Kahn (the emperor) breaks my neck and now I have to be shitty-ass Liu Kang again.

How the fuck do you beat Shao Kahn with Liu Kang? I must have died over 30 times to the bitch. I turned the difficulty all the way down to beginner, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. His moves are all unblockable and his damage is insane. I can't beat this fucker. Anyone have any tips?
Kahn's only unblockable move is the hammer throw I believe. Liu Kang is more than capable of taking down Kahn. I used the jump punch into uppercut tactic. You have to keep timing him up, jump behind him with the jump punch then upper cut, repeat even if you miss. Also, use the bicycle kick as a wakeup attack as often as possible.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Many probably have not noticed since there was no update download, but Mortal Kombat has been patched to fix balance issues. Here's the list of what was done:

Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.

Reduced the damage on some special moves.

Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.

Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.

Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.

Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.

Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.

Changed Kano’s Towards Front Kick to a low block.

Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.

Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.

It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.

Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.

Baraka’s Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.

Reduced some of Reptile’s combo damage.
Mortal Kombat Gets Stealth Update, PSN Kombat Pass Waived | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com

It also says in the article that this patch is just a temporary solution until they release the full patch which will be here in a couple week. Finally Mortal Kombat keeps their word and is balancing and fixing the broken parts of their game

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like they really thought Baraka sucked.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Been playing MK a lot on the 360 and the PS3. I have come to find out that the PS3 has WAAAAAAYYYY less online lag than the 360, and this is using the same internet connection. Looks like most of my MK time will be spent on the PS3 from now on, that is if they can keep PSN running. ;)

Sounds like they really thought Baraka sucked.

He's actually pretty good in the right hands, although he is way underpowered. I'm glad they're tweaking him. I may start putting some time into Baracka.

Last edited:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwsn3g3TX0]YouTube - ‪Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) - The Making Of Fatalities (Behind The Scenes)‬‏[/ame]

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat
Looking for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Jade, Kitana, and Mileena in their old school attire? Consider this two weeks notice.
6 minutes ago

MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat RT @JasonDeline: @MK_MortalKombat Including old school fatalities for Scorpion, Reptile & Sub-Zero?

MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat No. More news on her soon. RT @mddawley: @MK_MortalKombat Skarlet too?

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat
Looking for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Jade, Kitana, and Mileena in their old school attire? Consider this two weeks notice.
6 minutes ago

MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat RT @JasonDeline: @MK_MortalKombat Including old school fatalities for Scorpion, Reptile & Sub-Zero?

MK_MortalKombat Mortal Kombat No. More news on her soon. RT @mddawley: @MK_MortalKombat Skarlet too?

I can't wait to get my hands on the retro Reptile uni and fatality. Reptile is one of my favorites on the game, but I absolutely despise his look. Even his alternate pisses me off.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder why no smoke? Smoke obviously has it as you can fight him in his old attire...

DTTCyrax

Liked Posts:
Stealth updates are not uncommon, but they're not common either. They come and go (that's what she said), but they're mostly known as hotfixes. By the way, I think the only unblockable moves are the hammer and charges. Might be wrong on that. Going back to the Fujin video, I don't want Fujin in the game, but I'd SO main DLC Basemale. Best...set list...ever.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Anyone still playing this? I can't get enough of this game. Looking forward to the MK 1, 2, and 3 collection.

Now that the game has been out a while and I have experimented with characters, Smoke, Kano, and Liu Kang are my mains. Hopefully Kenshi is made worthy, because he was my favorite of the 3D MK characters.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you guys are still posting about this...? damn that is crazy

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck shao kahn at the end.. Im still on that fight

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mortal Kombat Fight Stick Goes Klassic

mortal-kombat-fight-stick-20110605001436628-000.jpg

The design sports the same Suzo-Happ arcade components, as well as the same detachable USB cable, but will not include a flip-up top panel and storage compartment.

The Klassic Fight Stick will be released in August of this year with an MSRP of $129.99. Each stick will come bundled with codes for downloadable versions of Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2, and Mortal Kombat 3 on the PlayStation Network or Xbox 360.

The Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick is available for pre-order now on Gamestop.com.

Last edited:

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HOTFIX part II

Okay, these notes are "firm" and scheduled to hit this Tuesday. Mind you that this is not the full list or may not be the full list and to keep an eye on Age Gate for them to release the full list officially in due time. Tom Brady has given us a list that he is aware of that may or may not contain every "note" and here it is:

Patch:

1. KL spin will ahve 6 more recovery frames on block
2. KL hat loop removed
3. kabal block infinite removed
4. sonya block infinite removed
5. various bugs fixed
6. wake up moves punishing certain characters after a ground breaker removed
7. stryker xray punsihed on hit fixed
8. advantage on cyrax command throw lessoned
9. cyrax command throw break changed from 2 frame windown to 10 frame window
11. sindel able to scream after 21 now and able t juggle with b3~scream
12. smoke bomb otg removed
13. cyber sub bomb has a smaller buffer window
14. jax ex dash punch goes farther and has armor.
15. jax has a gp fake
16. quan chi sky drop adv lessoned
17. quan chi reset after trance removed
18. quan chi skeletal boost after trance trade removed
19. quan chi can now move after trance
20. raiden no longer has adv after b312 and 334 are blocked. he is now at -1

Tweaks coming a few hours after the patch:

1. sonya cannot link military stance after d4
2. sonya dive kick inf removed
3. kabal cannot link dash after d4
4. KL infinite removed
5. kano up ball is now more disadv on block
6. more various bugs fixed

Also, Improved netplay*

Credit: Tom Brady

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
The "classics" DLC is out, not sure about the patch. Reptile's retro fatality is so awesome. That used to be a favorite of mine back in the day. It's nice to play Reptile in human form as opposed to the oversized lizard look.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
If anyone is into watching online Mortal Kombat gameplay with commentary, check out Venom Project(click the name for his channel) and subscribe. His live commentaries are some of the best on YouTube for MK. He also does some other games. Just recently saw some Infamous 2 gameplays on his channel.