Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I cannot freaking wait for this game to come out. I haven't been this excited for a video game in a long time.

J

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Man, I cannot freaking wait for this game to come out. I haven't been this excited for a video game in a long time.

J

It's almost here. :kick:

To everyone reading, what version you guys getting(regular, Kollectors, or Tournament)? Also, who is the first character you will be picking when you have the game?

I'm getting the Kollectors Edition for the 360. First character I pick will be Ermac or Kabal, depends on how I feel that day. It's definitely between those two though.

Last edited:

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost here. :kick:

To everyone reading, what version you guys getting(regular, Kollectors, or Tournament)? Also, who is the first character you will be picking when you have the game?

I'm getting the Kollectors Edition for the 360. First character I am pick will be Ermac or Kabal, depends on how I feel that day. It's definitely between those two though.

I didn't realize there was a Tournament Edition. What's the difference between that and the Kollector's Edition?

As of right now I'm getting the K.E. for Xbox 360. The first character I use will probably be Scorpion. I'm gonna pre-order the game through Game Stop so I can get his classic uni as well.

J

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the TE has a fight stick & the KE has a book & scorpin & subzero action figure/statue thing im gettin the KE & it will be Kabal no question

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scorpion_2_mk-xtra_com.jpg

scorpdone.png

Raiden_Render_1.jpg

CANT WAIT!!!!

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
the TE has a fight stick & the KE has a book & scorpin & subzero action figure/statue thing im gettin the KE & it will be Kabal no question

KE is the way to go. Fight sticks are so stupid to me. I tried one for Street Fighter not too long ago and found that moves were way easier to pull off with a controller. I feel bad for those that will be using the sticks online, they're going to get murdered unless they're some kind of old school arcade master.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
screen shots from the new gamespot ad

thetower.png

Throwback MK2 stage = The Tower

kanotower.jpg

MK 9's version of The Tower stage

theamory.png

Throwback mk2 stage = The Armory

armory.jpg

MK 9's Version of The Armory

shang.jpg

Old Shang

shaothrone.jpg

Shao Kahn's throne room

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who am I kidding?

I am going to get this.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=480 HEIGHT=310 id="videoPlayer"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=006_g_939"><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE="noScale"><PARAM NAME=salign VALUE="lt"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=allowscriptaccess VALUE="always"><PARAM NAME=allowFullScreen VALUE="true"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_480&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6305271%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D480%26height%3D310%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded480_169.xml"><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE="opaque"><embed id="mymovie" width="480" height="310" flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_480&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6305271%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D480%26height%3D310%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded480_169.xml" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" scale="noScale" salign="lt" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=006_g_939" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed></OBJECT>

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwFWSzVSn_w&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - MK9 Kratos game play trailer 720p HD - Mortal Kombat 2011[/ame]

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE96JfGy1cM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - MK9 TV Commercial Shang Tsung Gameplay, Raiden, Jax, & Many more MK9 2011[/ame]

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mortal Kombat's creator Ed Boon dropped some hints about the inclusion of an Xbox 360 exclusive character in next month's Mortal Kombat. In an interview with Giant Bomb Boon wanted to make it clear there were still plenty of secrets in store for gamers. "I don’t remember the last time we were this far along in a game and we had still major stuff to announce for it. So, not all the characters have been announced; on purpose we really wanted to have a lot of stuff that people won’t know about the game – to me, I’ve always wanted to have a question mark over the game; what’s hidden in the game; there’s a ton of hidden stuff in the game."

Mortal Kombat will be released on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 19. PS3 gamers will be getting their hands on God of War's Kratos as an exclusive character. Boon doesn't think Xbox gamers will feel left out though, "Well, there’s nothing that we have ready to announce but we love our 360 players and we love our PS3 players and I think everybody’s gonna get something they’ll be happy with."
Boon also confirmed that there were five or six characters still to be announced, as well as DLC characters. There are also characters that will be unlocked as you progress through the game.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Awesome stuff, WC7. Sounds good to me. To be honest, I'm not in the group of those whining about no exclusives for the 360. I play on the 360 and I just want the damn game already. Exclusives and extras are just perks that I can live without if need be, just give us some DLC and I'm happy.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im hearing that you get a naked or near naked mileena as the reward for completing the challenege tower.