Official NCAA Tourney Thread

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it was a fluke. They're 0-2 now.

Highly doubtful they get back there any time soon.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler shot about 18% last night. The New York Rangers shot over 19% last night. Butler got outshot by an NHL team.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
:flipa:

you know that college basketball is more popular(especially during march) than the NBA right?

and also you know that the tournament wouldn't have been such crap this year if players would stay....or they made some rule that would ween out the people who dont care about playing college ball at all and go to europe or the NBA right from high school....so then if you do come to school...you are required to stay 3 years.... the baseball rule bascially

I know it's more popular. In fact it's popularity annoys me, as I tried to say supra. If they make that 3-year rule as you stated, I would like to see guys go to Europe rather than be exploited by college. Three years in the NCAA is minus three years of NBA earnings so at least let them get a paycheck overseas. If they are ready to go into the draft straight from high school then they should probably go into the NBA and start learning the pro game. As for the quality of the tournament, that's the NCAA's problem. People will probably still watch for their brackets and the fact that many are casual fans anyway. I just don't want to see NBA talent stuck in college for three years. Imagine if D. Rose was just a rookie. We'd have to wait for him to get better in the pros. Now we have an MVP.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know it's more popular. In fact it's popularity annoys me, as I tried to say supra. If they make that 3-year rule as you stated, I would like to see guys go to Europe rather than be exploited by college. Three years in the NCAA is minus three years of NBA earnings so at least let them get a paycheck overseas. If they are ready to go into the draft straight from high school then they should probably go into the NBA and start learning the pro game. As for the quality of the tournament, that's the NCAA's problem. People will probably still watch for their brackets and the fact that many are casual fans anyway. I just don't want to see NBA talent stuck in college for three years. Imagine if D. Rose was just a rookie. We'd have to wait for him to get better in the pros. Now we have an MVP.

see that's your perception...because you dont like college basketball...but if NBA talent stuck around for longer..they would become even better pros because they'd be more prepared...yes you do learn in the NBA but the NBA is more like a job rather than college where you are playing as a student athlete and also continuing to learn about the game. Also...the level of play in college would be much higher and more fun to watch....And as i mentioned earlier if a player like D rose doesnt want to wait three years to go to the NBA he can simply just skip college or go to Europe for a year....

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Stevens can't win the 'big' one.

They blew it again. It's hard to get back.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Brad Stevens can't win the 'big' one.

They blew it again. It's hard to get back.

:lmao: He coaches Butler not a big school that gets the best recruits. If Butler had a decent post player with size last night they win UCONN was just bigger and better like they should be. Matt Howard would be the 8 or 9th best player on UCONN. This isnt valid getting Butler to two championship is a better coaching job then winning 3 titles at Duke or UCONN a place where recruiting is much easier and you get much much much better players.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
see that's your perception...because you dont like college basketball...but if NBA talent stuck around for longer..they would become even better pros because they'd be more prepared...yes you do learn in the NBA but the NBA is more like a job rather than college where you are playing as a student athlete and also continuing to learn about the game. Also...the level of play in college would be much higher and more fun to watch....And as i mentioned earlier if a player like D rose doesnt want to wait three years to go to the NBA he can simply just skip college or go to Europe for a year....

While we're at it, we should reinstate a mandatory military draft. After HS, 3 years in the service, then 3 years of college.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
While we're at it, we should reinstate a mandatory military draft. After HS, 3 years in the service, then 3 years of college.

Now that I'm past that age...lol....and being a complete hypocrite about it..I do think some kind of civil service should be done after high school. Either military or doing something for your community. I would only do it for 2 years after HS though.

We're way off topic now though.

To comment on college players though..I'd be okay with a 20 year age limit for the NBA. I think two years of college is good for some of these guys. When you think about these age limits, for every Kobe Bryant, there's 3 or 4 Kwame Browns.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I was very much so kidding. I don't think anything should be forced onto anyone that is non-violent and transparent. If every player wants to skip college to go to the NBA, that's their choice, and it's not my business. Humans aren't machines, they don't need someone pulling their levers and pushing their buttons for them. The more decisions that are forced onto people, the dumber they get.

And being someone who served, I am very glad that mandatory service is no longer required. Like you said, OT, so I'll leave it as a rant.