Who still thinks CHI should have traded Deng & Noah & a pick for Carmelo Anthony?

Would you have traded Deng & Noah & a pick for Carmelo Anthony?

• Yes

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i thought that the whole humble thing was a facade. three years in, obviously i was wrong...

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noah was very important to our 62-20 season imo, I think that Deng is underrated as shit, Well maybe having Carmelo would have helped BUT I would rather keep Noah, Deng, and a pick.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carmelo is over rated who wouldn't be worth that much, two starters for one starter? And we would be getting the one who is a ball hog and lazy on defense, that isn't something i want on the bulls

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, Carmelo is the best of the non-elite players. Anyone who refuses to play help-side defense and chucks shots at terrible times cannot really be classified as an elite basketball player.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, Carmelo is the best of the non-elite players. Anyone who refuses to play help-side defense and chucks shots at terrible times cannot really be classified as an elite basketball player.

Yea, The best of the non-elite... wouldn't hurt having him but like I said I think that Noah was a big factor in the 62 win season.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Um, never would have happened. Melo wanted to be a Knick.

We're better off asking ourselves if we should have traded Bogans for a clone of prime Michael Jordan, the chances of that happening would have been the same.

JimisBulls

Liked Posts:
Your crazy lady. I wouldn't make this trade even if I was getting Eva Mendez out of the deal.... Ok, ONLY if I was getting Eva Mendez out of the deal.

Love Jimi.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
lol if you think Melo isn't good. He's a Top 3 all-around scorer in the NBA.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I'd still do that trade. Melo is a big time player and Asik is a capable starting Center. Its also easy to get another good piece with the MLE or draft, you will never add a Melo type without consolidating talent.

I also don't think Denver would have taken that offer. They didn't take any significant salaries on. Its apples and Oranges to our offer. Plus they have a center in Nene.

In the same train of thought, I'd happily do Boozer and Noah for Howard in a heartbeat. Just slide Taj to PF and wait for Mirtoic to come over. Sign a SG and backup PF in the meanwhile.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

There have been a LOT elite players who refused to play help-side defense and chucked up bad shots...there would have been no hype if Carmelo wasn't elite. He is better than 98-99% of the league overall...that is pretty damn elite...

And I will say it again...nobody should pat themselves on the back if you backed keeping Noah, when Noah was sitting on the bench during crunch time of the ECF...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There have been a LOT elite players who refused to play help-side defense and chucked up bad shots...there would have been no hype if Carmelo wasn't elite. He is better than 98-99% of the league overall...that is pretty damn elite...

And I will say it again...nobody should pat themselves on the back if you backed keeping Noah, when Noah was sitting on the bench during crunch time of the ECF...

Right, because Carmelo Anthony was going to come in and save the series for the Bulls by making them a LOT worse of a defensive team than Miami and by chucking up shots with LeBron James guarding him. Joakim Noah never regained his timing after he missed 30 games and his consistent jump-shot was derailed by the injury as well. And then the ankle injury iced it.

If you want someone to blame for the Bulls losing, blame Boozer.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose + Carmelo + shitty Boozer with barely any depth sure as hell trumps Wade +James + Bosh + barely any depth... oh wait. That's horse shit.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rght, because Carmelo Anthony was going to come in and save the series for the Bulls by making them a LOT worse of a defensive team than Miami and by chucking up shots with LeBron James guarding him. Joakim Noah never regained his timing after he missed 30 games and his consistent jump-shot was derailed by the injury as well. And then the ankle injury iced it.

Derrick Rose + Carmelo + shitty Boozer with barely any depth sure as hell trumps Wade +James + Bosh + barely any depth... oh wait. That's horse shit.

As per the usual for you and this site what you said above is a simplistic pile of shit. You trade for Anthony so you have him Rose and Boozer for numerous seasons and continue to build around and acquire players around them. WOuld it have made a difference last season? Most likely not. I doubt the Bulls lose 4-1 but I don't see that team beating the Heat...but that's besides the point. This isn't a one year trade. It's a 5-7 year trade if you are the Bulls and you make the deal. Beating the Heat last season or not isn't the bigger issue or the bigger picture. it would be the acquisition of one of the NBA's top 5-10 players in his prime for the next 5-7 years to pair alongside Rose and Boozer(however long he holds up).

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Right, because Carmelo Anthony was going to come in and save the series for the Bulls by making them a LOT worse of a defensive team than Miami and by chucking up shots with LeBron James guarding him. Joakim Noah never regained his timing after he missed 30 games and his consistent jump-shot was derailed by the injury as well. And then the ankle injury iced it.

Noah played shitty because Noah played shitty...excuses my ass. And it was NOAH'S lack of defensive intensity and lackluster rebounding that had him sitting on the bench in favor of a 40 year old.

And stop with the Carmelo makes the Bulls a "LOT" worse stuff...that is ludicrous. Carmelo makes the Bulls a better offensive team. Lebron couldn't guard Rose with Melo on the floor. Melo could drop 40 on the Heat routinely playing with a guy like Rose. Making Lebron work on the other end supplants the lackluster defense you speak of. The Bulls were by far the best defensive team the Heat played...however...the Bulls didn't have 2 guys that could create a shot on their own...and Rose wasn't quite ready for the moment. I think Carmelo has proven he is more than prepared for the moment when it comes to clutch scoring.

And in the playoffs, especially the second half of the playoffs...Asik was the best defensive center the Bulls had...which is why, starting with the Atlanta series, Coach Thibs played Asik and Taj for long stretches in the fourth quarter.

The Bulls defense played well with Noah on the bench...the offense suffered because nobody but Rose could create off the dribble. Carmelo is a shot maker...a premiere shot maker, who has NO WEAKNESSES IN HIS GAME OFFENSIVELY...his presence would make Rose better...no doubt about that.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Carmelo Anthony would have made the Bulls a LOT worse and would have taken any hope for the Bulls to win the championship last year away. And they did have a very good chance whether or not you want to admit it to yourself or not.

Noah at 100% is a lot better than the Noah we saw post-injury and post-return. He has dominated Udonis Haslem, Joel Anthony, and was in Chris Bosh's head when he was at that 100% level. AND he was an offensive threat.

If Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem didn't come back, the Bulls might have won that series despite the fact Boozer and Noah were not at 100% and far from it. Making that trade would have absolutely gutted that team defensively and taken away their best rebounder (on the #1 rebounding team in the league).

Carmelo Anthony is not this superstar player. He has gotten owned by LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and the actual stars of the league since basically his arrival in Denver. Building a team with the main core of Rose+Anthony+Boozer does not belong on the same planet as a core of James+Wade+Bosh. All 3 of the Miami core are much better individual and team defenders than the 3 of the Bulls' core. You can't just sacrifice team chemistry to build a star team and expect to win a championship. The way the pieces fit together for the Bulls is already a much better fundamentally-sound group than how Miami plays. Miami has 3 mid-range shooters in the half court as their entire way of attack. The Bulls have Luol Deng who plays well of the ball and doesn't chuck ridiculous shots, and is arguably the best wing defender in the entire league. Carmelo is one of the worst all-around defensive wings in the league.

Cold-Bones

Liked Posts:
The team is based on defense, so Melo would fuck things up chemistry wise.

Noah's passion plus his skills, give me that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.