Dennis Rodman gets his number retired today

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
in honor of this long overdue event and in support of his HOF bid...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJLs4t0lLo[/ame]

big ups to the worm!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good for him, even if it is the pisstons. The Bulls will retire Detroits season tonight.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for him, even if it is the pisstons. The Bulls will retire Detroits season tonight.

Haha! Good stuff.

And while the Pistons can retire his number, I really hope this 1 dimensional basketball player doesn't get into the hall of fame.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha! Good stuff.

And while the Pistons can retire his number, I really hope this 1 dimensional basketball player doesn't get into the hall of fame.
First off, Rodman was an offensive player. He gave up his offense to focus on defense and rebounding.

He once averaged 19 a game. He won back to back def. POTY awards, was instrumental on 5 championship teams. He led the league in rebounding a years, and constantly took on the likes of Shaq, and patrolled the paint. He was nowhere near one dimensional.

You're down-playing his impact on games. Rebounds equal possessions, possessions equal opportunities for the team to score, scoring equals more points, more points, equal more wins, more wins equals championships, championships earn you induction into the Hall.

Not hard to figure out, really.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
if 1-dimensional, you mean, the dimension of defense and all aspects of it, then guilty he is. but dont forget he led the league in offensive rebounds 6 times on 2 different teams. over his career, he has the 5th most, over several players much taller and bigger than him. so, maybe he isnt just "1-dimensional," since he was a prolific OFFENSIVE rebounder. he is pound for pound THE best rebounder EVER.

and now he is on the card to be inducted into the HOF. finally. its a no brainer

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if 1-dimensional, you mean, the dimension of defense and all aspects of it, then guilty he is. but dont forget he led the league in offensive rebounds 6 times on 2 different teams. over his career, he has the 5th most, over several players much taller and bigger than him. so, maybe he isnt just "1-dimensional," since he was a prolific OFFENSIVE rebounder. he is pound for pound THE best rebounder EVER.

and now he is on the card to be inducted into the HOF. finally. its a no brainer

Hey, I'll eat crow. He made the HoF, congrats to him, obviously I am a bit short-sighted when looking at his total value.

Congrats to Mr. Rodman.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Now the Bulls need to retire his jersey also. Regardless of how insane he is as a man, he was a big part of three Bulls championships, and that NBA record 72-10 Bulls team. Not only did he get it done on the court, he was entertaining while being productive.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
well, im not sure if he played in chicago long enough... the 2nd 3peat happened largely because of him, but im just not sure a number is usually retired after only 3 seasons. if its been done before, then maybe... but speaking exclusively as a bulls fan, hell yea id love to see his number up there

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls retire his jersey, the HAVE to retire Horace Grant's jersey too....

While they are at it...

Artis Gilmore
Norm Van Lier
Toni Kukoc...should have their numbers retired also.

Rodman wasn't here long enough and doesn't fit the criteria...

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so how does this work with monroe still wearing #10?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He can wear it for as long as he plays for the Pistons because he wore the number before it was retired. A good faith gesture from Rodman gave Monroe his blessings to wear it. I think if Dennis made a big deal about it, then the franchise would file for a waiver(to get passed the number change deadline) to change numbers mid-season, or after the year was over.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Scals is changing his number to 91 :eek:

JUST KIDDING

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He once averaged 19 a game.
:turrible: :obama:

Please show me the season where Dennis Rodman averaged 19ppg...Unless you mean he gave up his career high PPG of 11.6 to concentrate on rebounding. Rodman was never an offensive force. He averaged double digits one time.

The year he averaged the his career high of near 19RPG he had his second highest PPG of his career. Nice work having no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited: