Who Gets Sent Down...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
it will be jeff stevens.... i dont like the move either but now that we now our owner is a cheap ass (had to borrow money from dempster) then cubs have to fill spots within the system...

CarlosSilva

Liked Posts:
Cubs will suprise everyone and trade Big Z.. no just kidding. They will end up making the wrong move and will send down Russell.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Personally I think there's still a possibility Ramirez or Baker get put on the DL...

TheDude13

Liked Posts:
I don't think you can really call our owner a cheap ass. He borrowed the money from dempster because dempster offered to do whatever he could to help and he gave teh cubs a 3 million dollar extension so they could increase their cap just a little bit. It got Nady. Is 2 million dollars cheap? Reed Johnson got signed for cheap. If the cap was at like 80 million dollars, then okay. But that doesn't seem to be the case does it?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think you can really call our owner a cheap ass. He borrowed the money from dempster because dempster offered to do whatever he could to help and he gave teh cubs a 3 million dollar extension so they could increase their cap just a little bit. It got Nady. Is 2 million dollars cheap? Reed Johnson got signed for cheap. If the cap was at like 80 million dollars, then okay. But that doesn't seem to be the case does it?

Agreed completely. Our owner may be creative and smart w/ his money, but I don't think he's cheap.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
it will be jeff stevens.... i dont like the move either but now that we now our owner is a cheap ass (had to borrow money from dempster) then cubs have to fill spots within the system...

The money borrowed from Dempster was to sign Nady. And Ricketts wasn't legally allowed to add a certain amount of payroll during the offseason sue to restrictions involving the Bankruptcy Court.

He's not a cheap ass.

Big Z

Byrd is the Word!
Liked Posts:
And you have to remember that we already have the fourth highest payroll in the majors, when you have so many horrible contracts like we do it's hard to make cap space but thanks to Demp we managed to do it in the winter. If we were paying something like $40m for the whole team (such as the Marlins) then I can see why you'd moan but otherwise I think you're being very harsh.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
It's not like players never do that. Quite a few players rework their contracts so ownership can do this. Demp was just caring about the team and wanting to get people in here to win.