Lou Promises Changes... HAHAHAHA ok.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I expect Lee and Ramirez to stay in the 3-4 holes. That is KILLING us. They are horrible.

I expect by changes Sweet Lou will put Castro back in the 2 hole. And Nady will start in right, thus leaving Colvin on the bench again.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
His changes aren't changes at all. He is killing us with his bad lineups. He tells us that Colvin by his play is forcing him to put him in the lineup; then we see Nady in there. He moves Ramirez to 5th Soriano to 4th and Byrd to 6th. Those are not changes, those are tweaks. This under achieving team is really breaking my heart.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
To some extent I agree, but to some extent, I agree w/ what he's doing, too. I've been ready to put Ramirez on the DL for 2 weeks, and sit Lee 2 games a week as well...but, these players are generally good-to-great offensive weapons, and when they are slumping, the only way to get them out of the slump is to keep giving them ABs. They've had days off, it's not helped much. They just gotta keep plugging away. IMO, Soto and Kosuke and Theriot have all come back to earth, too. Lou said it best the other day...if we don't pitch a shut-out, we lose.

:(

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is year ends Lou's contract. And if this is the case, I'm pretty sure that he knows he's NOT coming back again next year. Which would explain why he's not doing shit and is simply collecting his 4 million dollars before he gets shipped off come September.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is year ends Lou's contract. And if this is the case, I'm pretty sure that he knows he's NOT coming back again next year. Which would explain why he's not doing shit and is simply collecting his 4 million dollars before he gets shipped off come September.

It is Lou's last year, but I think he's got more respect for the game than to do that personally.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Him quitting would be the best change possible.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guys, look at the way this team was put together? No lead off man...no bullpen...we are an AL team in the NL. Lou is at fault, but our players aren't producing, and even if they did, we don't have the right PIECES at this point. I hope it changes, but it's rediculous to put the blame on one person.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
To some extent I agree, but to some extent, I agree w/ what he's doing, too. I've been ready to put Ramirez on the DL for 2 weeks, and sit Lee 2 games a week as well...but, these players are generally good-to-great offensive weapons, and when they are slumping, the only way to get them out of the slump is to keep giving them ABs. They've had days off, it's not helped much. They just gotta keep plugging away. IMO, Soto and Kosuke and Theriot have all come back to earth, too. Lou said it best the other day...if we don't pitch a shut-out, we lose.

:(

I'm sort of conflicted with this. Yeah, I agree that the only way for D-Lee and Ramirez to get out of their slumps is to get more at bats. But I think the bigger issue is the fact that they aren't using their resources at all. Rudy Jaramillo is probably one of the best hitting coaches in the game and neither of our "top offensive weapons" have gone to him for help. Yeah, in the past they've hit well, and Lee always starts out slow and Ramirez comes and goes as far as making contact, but that's not an excuse not to try.

Next of all, "if we don't pitch a shut-out we lose" is completely the truth. Which pisses me off a lot. And why do we lose unless Silva strikes out 11 or Dempster gives up one or two runs? BECAUSE WE AREN'T HITTING! which brings me back to Lee and A-Ram. They're not hitting. Colvin, Nady, Fontenot, and Baker (all of whom, for the most part) are all seeing the ball well right now. Granted Kosuke, Fonzie, and Byrd are doing just fine as far as I'm concerned, so unless one of them needs a day off or were to go on the DL, Colvin and Nady aren't seeing starts.

Lou needs to start making the tough decisions. Which is more important? Getting your 30 million dollars combined out of the slumping pair of Aramis Ramires and Derrek Lee or winning baseball games? I'm no expert on the subject, but I have a feeling Ricketts and the entire Cubs fan base would be much happier with the latter. But that's just me.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say Castro will leadoff, Colvin in LF, Lee at 1B, Byrd in CF, Rami at 3B, Nady in RF, Fontenot at 2B and Soto at C. That probably won't be right but I actually liek tha lineup with back-ups in.

Harry Caray

Liked Posts:
I say Castro will leadoff, Colvin in LF, Lee at 1B, Byrd in CF, Rami at 3B, Nady in RF, Fontenot at 2B and Soto at C. That probably won't be right but I actually liek tha lineup with back-ups in.

no soriano :dunno:

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Soriano is doing good right now, we can't take him out of the lineup. Bringing in a defensive sub is the way to go until he needs a day off. Of course he hasn't had a day off in awhile.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm sort of conflicted with this. Yeah, I agree that the only way for D-Lee and Ramirez to get out of their slumps is to get more at bats. But I think the bigger issue is the fact that they aren't using their resources at all. Rudy Jaramillo is probably one of the best hitting coaches in the game and neither of our "top offensive weapons" have gone to him for help. Yeah, in the past they've hit well, and Lee always starts out slow and Ramirez comes and goes as far as making contact, but that's not an excuse not to try.

Next of all, "if we don't pitch a shut-out we lose" is completely the truth. Which pisses me off a lot. And why do we lose unless Silva strikes out 11 or Dempster gives up one or two runs? BECAUSE WE AREN'T HITTING! which brings me back to Lee and A-Ram. They're not hitting. Colvin, Nady, Fontenot, and Baker (all of whom, for the most part) are all seeing the ball well right now. Granted Kosuke, Fonzie, and Byrd are doing just fine as far as I'm concerned, so unless one of them needs a day off or were to go on the DL, Colvin and Nady aren't seeing starts.

Lou needs to start making the tough decisions. Which is more important? Getting your 30 million dollars combined out of the slumping pair of Aramis Ramires and Derrek Lee or winning baseball games? I'm no expert on the subject, but I have a feeling Ricketts and the entire Cubs fan base would be much happier with the latter. But that's just me.

No doubt about it, the former. If we are going to make the playoffs, Lee and Ramirez have to be a big part of it. Our backups will not get us there. So we can win a few games, and be close in a few others without the two, but if they don't play, we're completely forfeiting the season.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt about it, the former. If we are going to make the playoffs, Lee and Ramirez have to be a big part of it. Our backups will not get us there. So we can win a few games, and be close in a few others without the two, but if they don't play, we're completely forfeiting the season.

I agree, but if we're not winning games, we haven't a snowballs chance in hell of making the post season. So, we have to have some blind faith that Nady and Colvin and Baker and Fontenot can come up big so we can make the playoffs, because right now, Ramirez and Lee aren't going to do it for us.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree, but if we're not winning games, we haven't a snowballs chance in hell of making the post season. So, we have to have some blind faith that Nady and Colvin and Baker and Fontenot can come up big so we can make the playoffs, because right now, Ramirez and Lee aren't going to do it for us

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. I see your point, but I think superstars typically have to hit their way out of slumps...and like I said, we will not get far w/out both of them struggling, but we won't go anywhere w/ them out of the line-up.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Ramirez and Lee in my opinion just need to be moved down in the order. Some days off more frequently yes, but they can't stay 3 and 4 when they aren't hitting for crap.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ramirez and Lee in my opinion just need to be moved down in the order. Some days off more frequently yes, but they can't stay 3 and 4 when they aren't hitting for crap.

Agree, 200%. I said the same thing the other day. Move them to 6 and 7 w/ Soto at 8.

Theriot, Castro, Fukudome/Colvin, Byrd, Soriano, Lee, Ramirez, Soto, Pitcher.

Castro doesn't have too much pressure on him too early...Byrd and Soriano have been the most consistent offensive forces, but still having to face Lee, Ramirez and Soto is daunting that late in the line-up.

Just a thought.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. I see your point, but I think superstars typically have to hit their way out of slumps...and like I said, we will not get far w/out both of them struggling, but we won't go anywhere w/ them out of the line-up.

No. You definitely make a fair point. And I get it, I'm just fed up waiting for them to turn things around for themselves. Which is why I'd like to see more of the "un-superstars", haha.

Yeah, those two in the 3 and 4 spots in the order are killing us. I'd almost say separate them more in the line up, so it's not like back-to-back outs. So have Lee hit say 3 or 4 and then Ramirez at 7 or 8 in the lineup. I'm not sure how conventional or practical or whatever this would actually be (i.e. how advantageous), but it couldn't hurt to try?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I expect Lee and Ramirez to stay in the 3-4 holes. That is KILLING us. They are horrible.

I expect by changes Sweet Lou will put Castro back in the 2 hole. And Nady will start in right, thus leaving Colvin on the bench again.

Why would Nady start in right? You have Kosuke hitting .300 and that's another righty in a lineup low on lefties.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kosuke is batting .300 but that is from a hot april, he has not done good and they need someone. I do think Soriano needs to stay in but how did nady get in? Soriano or Byrd will sit tomorrow along with Kosuke in my opinion.