#1 Spot!!!!!!!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls falter in one of the two first games at home then it will be no less than a miracle if Indiana wins any other game. Rose can beat that team by himself practically... the Pacers are not that good.

We aren't discussing Boston vs. Chicago or Miami vs. Chicago... this is Indiana. The Pacers would have ZERO chance at winning even if it was a 2-3-2 set.

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
its a 2-3-2 series right?

If it is then yes. I could see the Bulls playing a bad game at home. And the Pacers (First playoff game in 5 years) taking 2/3 at home. But if it is a 2-2-1-1-1 then nope. I don't see it.
The pacers are the eight seed this season...why would they have more home games than the Bulls? The Pacers beating the Bulls in Chicago? LOL.

It is a 2-2-1-1-1 format by the way. The Finals are 2-3-2.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I am not an NBA guy. The only teams I watch are the Bulls and the Pacers.

But there is no way any teams bench is as talented as another teams starters. They might play better as a unit, or be better teammates when they are mixed in with the starters.

You can not tell me that a team pulls 5 players off the bench who are as talented as another teams top 5 players.

I am an NBA addict I have watched every Clipper since Eric Gordon has been there I always watch my Pacers. I watch Chicago bout 20-30 times a year. I watch every other team about 5-10 times per year. Trust me the Cavs dont have a better player then Baby or Raymond Felton when he is playing solid.

Cavs starters Baron D, A Parker, R Hollins, J Hickson and, Gee

Nuggets bench Felton,JR Smith,Al Harrington, Afflao, Bird man, K-mart,Mozguv

I would take the Nuggets.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ronnie Brewer isnt better than Paul. Paul isnt great right now but he has star poetinal and is already a solid player. He is still a project of sorts a few years away but he has star type talent.

Korver gets killed by Granger is a bit of an understatment.

This is like saying Dunleavy gets killed by Dwade. (Dunleavy gave up 20 to Wade in the first 6 mintues of play last game)

I agree with CJ DC is a little better. If Collison played defense he would be 10x better but he doesnt.

Well the thing is that having All-star potential doesn't mean that he is as intelligent of a basketball player as the next guy. I actually think that Ronnie Brewer is clearly better than George. If Brewer actually had average shooting ability for a 2-guard than he would be capable of being in the consideration for the All-star game when you consider his athletic ability to finish around the rim and his all-around defense. Paul George seems like he's a pretty streaky shooter at best. I haven't paid as much attention to him as the vast majority of other players in the league but right now, it's got to be Brewer as the choice there.

Obviously Granger would destroy Korver but it's not like Korver would be guarding him either...

The only reason I brought up that the Bulls' bench doesn't exactly look like garbage compared to the Pacers' starters was to show that Indiana essentially has no chance in that series...

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Well the thing is that having All-star potential doesn't mean that he is as intelligent of a basketball player as the next guy. I actually think that Ronnie Brewer is clearly better than George. If Brewer actually had average shooting ability for a 2-guard than he would be capable of being in the consideration for the All-star game when you consider his athletic ability to finish around the rim and his all-around defense. Paul George seems like he's a pretty streaky shooter at best. I haven't paid as much attention to him as the vast majority of other players in the league but right now, it's got to be Brewer as the choice there.

Obviously Granger would destroy Korver but it's not like Korver would be guarding him either...

The only reason I brought up that the Bulls' bench doesn't exactly look like garbage compared to the Pacers' starters was to show that Indiana essentially has no chance in that series...

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

You can think all you want but Paul George has struggled all year and put up Better numbers than Ronnie in the per36. George was glued to the bench while JOB was the coach. The thing that excites me about Paul is he makes so many dumb mistakes that hurts his game but are very correctable in a few years. I watched Paul at Fresno and he seems to have left is jumper in Fresno but i think in a few years if he works hiss ass off he can be a 24ppg guy.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

You can think all you want but Paul George has struggled all year and put up Better numbers than Ronnie in the per36. George was glued to the bench while JOB was the coach. The thing that excites me about Paul is he makes so many dumb mistakes that hurts his game but are very correctable in a few years. I watched Paul at Fresno and he seems to have left is jumper in Fresno but i think in a few years if he works hiss ass off he can be a 24ppg guy.

Yeah, the Pacers do kind of remind of the Bulls last year. A young PG with subpar defense, an underrated SF, a somewhat raw talent at the C position, and Paul George is a very raw talent that will improve into a nice piece for sure. They don't really have a reliable low-post option but that can change pretty quick. They also have a solid bench... so it'll be interesting to see them develop. Jim O'Brien was a HORRIBLE coach.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not really a strong believer in PER36 minutes meaning that much though. Brewer has a lot of playoff experience that you can't really undervalue either and makes few mistakes.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Pacers do kind of remind of the Bulls last year. A young PG with subpar defense, an underrated SF, a somewhat raw talent at the C position, and Paul George is a very raw talent that will improve into a nice piece for sure. They don't really have a reliable low-post option but that can change pretty quick. They also have a solid bench... so it'll be interesting to see them develop. Jim O'Brien was a HORRIBLE coach.
Understatement of the decade boy did JOB love himself some Murphy and Posey. Remember the game this season when he benched Mcroberts for the entire 4th when he was killing the Bulls in the 1st 3qters. He got fired the next day they said that was his final straw.

We are very young and still need a few years to be a solid team..

On the low post scoring I dont know how to get one. I dont wont to overpay in FA's. I would love to add Zach Randloph but not gonna happen. Maybe we get lucky this year in the draft and take a international PF/C who blossoms in a few years.

There were reports that our bench normaly beats the starters ass in pratice which i find sad as hell.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Understatement of the decade boy did JOB love himself some Murphy and Posey. Remember the game this season when he benched Mcroberts for the entire 4th when he was killing the Bulls in the 1st 3qters. He got fired the next day they said that was his final straw.

We are very young and still need a few years to be a solid team..

On the low post scoring I dont know how to get one. I dont wont to overpay in FA's. I would love to add Zach Randloph but not gonna happen. Maybe we get lucky this year in the draft and take a international PF/C who blossoms in a few years.

There were reports that our bench normaly beats the starters ass in pratice which i find sad as hell.

Yeah the Bulls announcers were even commenting on how idiotic of a decision that was. He really overvalued the old guys on that team who brought nothing of value to the table besides holding the team back.

Especially with the uncertain new CBA looming, I would say that the draft is the way to go (and even the D-League) over someone like Zach Randolph. Larry Bird and your FO doesn't seem to like guys with character issues anyway. They got rid of Marquis Daniels after that firearm in a nightclub incident. And they traded Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington for Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy Jr... man that was a terrible trade for two terrible contracts. But that shows you that they want wholesome guys in Indiana more or less...

I can see your bench being pretty competitive with the starters. They are an athletic/defensive/rebounding group and I guess they would be more motivated to perform well?

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Yeah the Bulls announcers were even commenting on how idiotic of a decision that was. He really overvalued the old guys on that team who brought nothing of value to the table besides holding the team back.

Especially with the uncertain new CBA looming, I would say that the draft is the way to go (and even the D-League) over someone like Zach Randolph. Larry Bird and your FO doesn't seem to like guys with character issues anyway. They got rid of Marquis Daniels after that firearm in a nightclub incident. And they traded Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington for Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy Jr... man that was a terrible trade for two terrible contracts. But that shows you that they want wholesome guys in Indiana more or less...

I can see your bench being pretty competitive with the starters. They are an athletic/defensive/rebounding group and I guess they would be more motivated to perform well?

That Murphleavy trade ruined the franchise i didnt watch a game for 1yr after that trade. It's like Walsh went crazy.

on the PER36 issue i only used thoes because Paul's lack of PT under JOB. However

EDIT if i needed a title this yr only I would perfer Brewer because he plays smart and is a playoff vet if it was over the next 5 years i would take Paul George.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Murphleavy trade ruined the franchise i didnt watch a game for 1yr after that trade. It's like Walsh went crazy.

on the PER36 issue i only used thoes because Paul's lack of PT under JOB.

No doubt it did. And I feel you.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Number one spot!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't like PER at all. My favorite stat =

The amount of .... faces per game.
jizz.jpg

Or how many of these I make.
omg-face-3.jpg

Then at some point, if you're doing it too much, you have to count the ... faces.
WTF+face.jpg

Before you know it, all of the hype, all of the praise still doesn't amount to what you are witnessing at this point and time.
surprised-face1.jpg

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
I don't like PER at all. My favorite stat =

The amount of .... faces per game.
jizz.jpg

Or how many of these I make.
omg-face-3.jpg

Then at some point, if you're doing it too much, you have to count the ... faces.
WTF+face.jpg

Before you know it, all of the hype, all of the praise still doesn't amount to what you are witnessing at this point and time.
surprised-face1.jpg

I actually like the stat per alot. only thing is, it rewards chuckers.