CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should we consider a different closer?

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
idk lefty closers have to be really nasty with their stuff, and yesterday he couldnt even get a lefty out, just 1 game, but the bullpen has been really questionable since seasons start, maybe Sale at closer could settle things down, young guys have gotten it done before with other teams at closer, who knows he could close for the next idk how many years.

Last edited:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Thornton was the best at what he did last year, move him back there and let Sale close.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thorton has shown in the past, besides this year, that he is shaky as the closer. He needs another 'solid' pitch besdies his fastball. His slider isn't that great. Sales, has more pitches, and even though he gave up the HR today, I have more confidence in the closing role.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Thornton isnt a closer. He didnt do well last year. Leave him in 8th inning and let Sale close for a while and see if we can snag a closer. Maybe if KC tails off we could get Soria or somebody's closer. Im just unsettled watching our 9th inning.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thornton isnt a closer. He didnt do well last year. Leave him in 8th inning and let Sale close for a while and see if we can snag a closer. Maybe if KC tails off we could get Soria or somebody's closer. Im just unsettled watching our 9th inning.

I'm unsettled whenever anyone from the bullpen has come in, this season. I know that won't be true with time.. but DAMN this has been a horrific start for the bullpen.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya some of it was bad breaks by the defense too! Our defense MUST get drastically better! Because last night was terrible beyond anything I've ever seen!! So although our bullpens been shaky...its our defense that has helped hand in hand! I.e. Milledge and lillibridge in the indians series. Pierre and Ramirez last night.

Our defense will get better and has to have better communication. Because face it if we had better defense and bullpen we would be 7-1 atleast

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
liangliang = bunk account. GTFO of here.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think it's too early to strip Thornton of the title, but if you want to use Sale/Santos in certain situations, now is the time to try it, as opposed to September.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's too early to strip Thornton of the title, but if you want to use Sale/Santos in certain situations, now is the time to try it, as opposed to September.

lets hope we arent in this discussion in sept :)

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's actually okay that we have a few options, if you think about it.

Look at 2005. Everyone remembers Jenks at the end, but not too many remember that Shingo was our opening day starter and then Dustin Hermanson, before Bobby.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luckily, we've got options to test out. But hey, I'll take a 6-3 record after one week. We've had a shot to win every game, but 1. Not too many other teams can say that. I like the way things have started on the South side.