Time for a change

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think its time the Cubs make alot of changes... Lou needs to go...Even Hendry... They need to trade alot of guys now... Lee could go to Angels... Lilly will be a guy alot of contending teams will want...only untouchables are Castro,Soto,Marmol,Cashner (just cause cubs so dumb they would trade him), Colvin, basically anyone young...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dempster is a team player, kep him. Marshall keep and Byrd.

Harry Caray

Liked Posts:
anyone think the Angels might be interested in Lee now that Morales is out?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but who knows if Jim Hendry eveb called Angles, probably not because he is a dumb as. That would be the perfect sceanario.

Also trade theriot and bring up Barney for 2B.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i am done defending a ram and lee..if we can get some good young players for them...trade em

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Lilly is riding the wave of a .254 BABIP, 73% LOB and 4.83 xFIP with a 3.63 ERA...he's a run-allowing timebomb waiting to go off. Him and his $12 million salary (with no-trade protection) are not (at least they shouldn't if other MLB GM's are aware of these numbers an pay them their proper credence) going anywhere.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Lilly is riding the wave of a .254 BABIP, 73% LOB and 4.83 xFIP with a 3.63 ERA...he's a run-allowing timebomb waiting to go off. Him and his $12 million salary (with no-trade protection) are not (at least they shouldn't if other MLB GM's are aware of these numbers an pay them their proper credence) going anywhere.

Lefties are hard to come from and his last 2 games he has pitch spectacular and against good teams. So I would not be surprise. He will be a cheap rental I would assume.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
People will always take a chance on someone. Although I don't see the Cubs trying to move Lilly. I could see (even with the NTC) Lee getting moved to someone like the Angels who now need a first baseman.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
The Angels are not interested in trading for Derrek Lee. It was announced on the post game show on the radio.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Angels are not interested in trading for Derrek Lee. It was announced on the post game show on the radio.

Of course they're going to say that.

If they said, "We really need D-Lee, we're in a bad spot"...the Cubs would try to rape them in the deal.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i am done defending a ram and lee..if we can get some good young players for them...trade em

same here, get what you can for them

Lee has said once before he will waivs hs NTC to a west coast team because that is where he and his family lives so I would not be surprise.
good, i hope he waives it, bring up the farm and rebuild

Does Anaheim have anything worthwhile in their system we could get back?

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Probably no one they would want to get rid of. Lee is an aging star and wouldn't bring much in my opinion.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i think lee might surge a bit in the summer

he isnt going to hit 30 HRs this year imo but i could see him getting a good amount especially with a change of leagues and scenery

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Probably no one they would want to get rid of. Lee is an aging star and wouldn't bring much in my opinion.
would this be a scenario like when we got Silva? Trade one not wanted player for another?

i think lee might surge a bit in the summer

he isnt going to hit 30 HRs this year imo but i could see him getting a good amount especially with a change of leagues and scenery

I agree with this statement

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would trade Lilly, Lee, Ramirez, Byrd, Fukudome, Soriano, Zambrano, and Theriot in an instant. Of those guys I think Lilly, Lee, and Byrd are the guys teams will be interested in.

Lilly is a perfect fit for the Reds, I would love to see the Cubs work that deal out.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I would trade Lilly, Lee, Ramirez, Byrd, Fukudome, Soriano, Zambrano, and Theriot in an instant. Of those guys I think Lilly, Lee, and Byrd are the guys teams will be interested in.

Lilly is a perfect fit for the Reds, I would love to see the Cubs work that deal out.

I would be perfectly fine losing all of those guys.

Hmmm never thought about the reds