Garza isn't as bad as you think

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waiting sucks. Ha But hopefully we will get someone good. I think we could be a playoff team if we had more reliable pitching and just a few other tweaks here and there.

I could see it, I'm just not sure Theo wants to go that route. I'd like to see a playoff team next year, but rebuilding is looking like the way it's going to go.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I could see it, I'm just not sure Theo wants to go that route. I'd like to see a playoff team next year, but rebuilding is looking like the way it's going to go.

I really hope not. We have gone 103 years now haha Rebuilding is too long of a process. At least I hope we have a halfway contending team. A bunch of no names and young dudes would make for a loooong season to watch.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope not. We have gone 103 years now haha Rebuilding is too long of a process. At least I hope we have a halfway contending team. A bunch of no names and young dudes would make for a loooong season to watch.

It sure would, though I can't really talk about the 103 years. I was AWOL on this team since 2003. Just started following them again a few months ago. Haha

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
It sure would, though I can't really talk about the 103 years. I was AWOL on this team since 2003. Just started following them again a few months ago. Haha

Yeah, Well I am 111 years old. So I seen the last one. Haha But no I have been following the Cubs/baseball since around '98. So I have like 13 years or so of misery to have on my resume.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Well I am 111 years old. So I seen the last one. Haha But no I have been following the Cubs/baseball since around '98. So I have like 13 years or so of misery to have on my resume.

I followed them from 97-03, then followed the Sox more because I hated Zambrano and Soriano. Haha So I've got about 7 years and some change, now going to add to that.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
I followed them from 97-03, then followed the Sox more because I hated Zambrano and Soriano. Haha So I've got about 7 years and some change, now going to add to that.

Well at least you are back on track ha. Fuck every team that is not Cubbie blue.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Especially teams that wear red and have a bird as their mascot. :D
Exactly. Why do they have to win the WS. God damn Rangers! And Freese!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He has been great. In fact, he's been if not the best pitcher in baseball, certainly one of the top few.
I still can't believe this was a legit thought around here.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So are you.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wish you would contribute to something other than thread necrosis, Fisch. While this is interesting, please join us in current conversation!

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I still can't believe this was a legit thought around here.

Were you responding to a comment about Matt Garza? Not going to look through every page to see if that's that case. but yes Garza was good for the Cubs, especially the 2-3 months prior to the Cubs trading him. He was arguably the best pitcher in baseball during those months and had very good numbers. It was just too bad that he seemed to get injured a lot.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I heart fisch