Smelly Sox

A Chosen Bullet

Liked Posts:
Geez – how bad are the Sox!?! This keeps up and forget the organization’s so-called break even number of 30,000 per night. They won’t be drawing 20,000 regardless of school being out or warm summer weather. I can foresee a massive fire sale eventually taking place.

Seems like the Sox have been chasing 2005 since, well, 2005 and the cross roads is upon us. While you don’t win or lose pennants in April, you don’t want to put yourself in a position where you have to win 10 of 12 just to get back to .500 one month into the season.

I know KW gave the vote of confidence last week, but any chance you guys think Ozzie is gone by mid-June if this thing keeps going South? The better question probably is, any chance Ozzie just says "no mas" and walks away?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. Something will have to be done if this clown show keeps up. Ozzie will likely be gone first. Then who knows.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think CHW ok cause DET and MIN also struggling. Do you guys see CLE keeping this run going?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is really early in the season, but the way they keep playing is impressive. I know they were expected to finish at the bottom, but the AL Central is never predictable. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it and I also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish last. It's been a weird year so far and I think it'll continue.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Geez – how bad are the Sox!?! This keeps up and forget the organization’s so-called break even number of 30,000 per night. They won’t be drawing 20,000 regardless of school being out or warm summer weather. I can foresee a massive fire sale eventually taking place.

Seems like the Sox have been chasing 2005 since, well, 2005 and the cross roads is upon us. While you don’t win or lose pennants in April, you don’t want to put yourself in a position where you have to win 10 of 12 just to get back to .500 one month into the season.

I know KW gave the vote of confidence last week, but any chance you guys think Ozzie is gone by mid-June if this thing keeps going South? The better question probably is, any chance Ozzie just says "no mas" and walks away?

I brought it up the "quitting" part on Twitter with Ozzies kids and of course they state that will never happen.

I do believe in firing him, the excuse of him not batting cannot be used anymore, I gave him the pass on it last year, but the same trends of CS% and running into outs as his in game managing sucks.

I still think CHW ok cause DET and MIN also struggling. Do you guys see CLE keeping this run going?

Like Stone said, Cleveland is going to hit. The questions still remain on Hafner and Sizemore, but, if they do continue to hit and stay healthy, their SP will have to have monster years. Can it be done? yes. Will it? Dont know. I am more worried about the sox specifically than the competition, we have to win ball games first.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Sox can still comeback as its only May 1st, but this April has probably prevented any chance of being a 95+ win team. Which would of been awesome since 92+ is usually good enough to win the damn thing without it going to the last week of the season. If everything gets turned around I think the Sox can still win 88-92 games but that probably forces another to the wire ending. :obama:

In short: :fireozzie:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox can still comeback as its only May 1st, but this April has probably prevented any chance of being a 95+ win team. Which would of been awesome since 92+ is usually good enough to win the damn thing without it going to the last week of the season. If everything gets turned around I think the Sox can still win 88-92 games but that probably forces another to the wire ending. :obama:

In short: :fireozzie:

realistically? yes. are we all panicked? yes. Do we have that right? Fuck yes.

This isnt like some of the other fan bases where we will sit around and try to be apologists, we know we are bad, and there is no excuse.

Fire ozzie and see if things can be turned around.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
This isnt like some of the other fan bases where we will sit around and try to be apologists, we know we are bad, and there is no excuse.

Fire ozzie and see if things can be turned around.

Right on the money for both. Sox fans get a bad rep for "not supporting their team". Sox fans support the team plenty, but why show up when the product stinks? Selling out every game isn't a bad thing, but it can send a bad message of being okay with the status-quo . Chicago has 3 teams that sell out no matter what in the form of the Bulls, Bears and Cubs. Nothing wrong with that it just, as stated above, says "meh, who cares if the product on the field is anygood, we'll come away!!", and with that mindset in the front office, why bother trying to win? You're going o get your money anyway. And yes, the way Sox fans roll does cause problems (lower payrolls) but it shows we care about our team, we just express our care about the Sox in different way.

And yes, fire Ozzie.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right on the money for both. Sox fans get a bad rep for "not supporting their team". Sox fans support the team plenty, but why show up when the product stinks? Selling out every game isn't a bad thing, but it can send a bad message of being okay with the status-quo . Chicago has 3 teams that sell out no matter what in the form of the Bulls, Bears and Cubs. Nothing wrong with that it just, as stated above, says "meh, who cares if the product on the field is anygood, we'll come away!!", and with that mindset in the front office, why bother trying to win? You're going o get your money anyway. And yes, the way Sox fans roll does cause problems (lower payrolls) but it shows we care about our team, we just express our care about the Sox in different way.

And yes, fire Ozzie.

well said.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuck this, somebody needs to get fired now, its beyond embarrasing

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Something has to be done. The White Sox as they are will not do a damn thing this season. I've been one of Ozzie's biggest supporters throughout his career, but now I'm even feeling that it's time to move on from him. This team needs a fresh voice, a couple moves by the trade deadline, and all these guys just simply have to play better baseball. What a shitty start to the season.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Something has to be done. The White Sox as they are will not do a damn thing this season. I've been one of Ozzie's biggest supporters throughout his career, but now I'm even feeling that it's time to move on from him. This team needs a fresh voice, a couple moves by the trade deadline, and all these guys just simply have to play better baseball. What a shitty start to the season.

same here on the Ozzie support, im thinking, we trade some power for someone who gets on base, , I know we can get somethin for Quentin, but yeah, changes need to be made, where do we start, bullpen sucks aswell, nedd help there

cjnovus

Liked Posts:
Chicago has 3 teams that sell out no matter what in the form of the Bulls, Bears and Cubs. Nothing wrong with that it just, as stated above, says "meh, who cares if the product on the field is anygood, we'll come away!!", and with that mindset in the front office, why bother trying to win? You're going o get your money anyway.

Chicago will be the champion.