Madden 12: Franchise Mode/game changes Thread

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxicShBiVWo]YouTube - ‪Madden 12 Dynamic Player Performance Trailer‬‏[/ame]

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
create/edit a player. Looks really in-depth on how you an reate/edit a player

madden-nfl-12-20110601035203976_640w.jpg

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Player models still look piss terrible..

and all that stuff just seems like more that can be glitches..

---

that said I will rent it as I always do.. i really wish it would be a good game again.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bet your ass this will happen( I want a soldier field image damn you EA)

madden-nfl-12-20110606033610781_640w.jpg

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgS-fPUkc-g]YouTube - ‪Madden 12 Almost There - E3 2011: Gameplay Off-Screen‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview - Operation Sports

On the Field

Graphical and presentation upgrades don't mean a thing if the on the field gameplay is lacking. Luckily Madden 12 is looking very good in this department. The momentum system that was implemented in NCAA 12 has been added here, and it really differentiates power backs from their speedier counterparts. Warping has also been removed from the game like in NCAA, and some of the animations I encountered were jaw dropping.

While using the Chargers' Ryan Matthews, I made a cut to the open field while in the process of bouncing off a glancing defender. Matthews briefly lost his footing, looked as if he was going to fall down to the ground, but suddenly regained control and ripped off 10 additional yards before being tackled by another defender. The entire sequence happened in an instant and occurred incredibly organically. Moments like this give me hope the days of robotic player movement and seeing the same four canned tackle animations are gone forever from this series.

I was also lucky enough to witness the game's touted Dynamic Player Performance in full effect during my hands-on time. In the same game mentioned above, Ryan Matthews was able to rip off a 55-yard TD scamper minutes into the first quarter. During his next series of carries, he ran like a man possessed, bouncing off of would-be tacklers and breaking free for extra yardage. Matthews DPP classification allowed him to absorb more contact since he started off hot, and it should be incredibly interesting to see how player performance impacts games and seasons.

Blocking, like in NCAA, feels about right, and it is also worth noting that the default camera angle has been completely reworked. The camera no longer pulls out as it did in Madden 11 to give you a wider view of the field, and it more closely resembles the current NCAA camera.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_12/b/xbox360/archive/2011/06/08/hands-on-with-madden-nfl-12.aspx

uction blocking? Gone. Zone coverages? Improved. Long snappers? Finally in the game!

With Kato handling most of our Madden coverage thus far this year, I hadn't had a chance to check out the game in person until today. Here are a few things that stood out to me during my hands on time.

Broadcast Worthy Presentation
EA Tiburon has done a wonderful job of capturing the essence of an NFL television broadcast. From the pre-game pageantry to post-game coaches handshake, Madden feels much more like a CBS or NBC presentation this year. Teams run to the locker room at half time, player introductions for star players resemble the info boxes we see on Sundays, and Tiburon occasionally incorporates a broadcast camera for kickoffs and when the offense walks up to the line of scrimmage before a play.

Destructive Defensive Ends Matter
Last year I played through at least five seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. On defense I typically play as a linebacker or left end, and the AI controlled Jared Allen never had more than five sacks a season. That's a very unrealistic number for the player who has the most sacks over the previous five seasons, and I stopped paying for good ends because I got the same production out of players with average ratings. We're all familiar with the true culprit -- the atrocious suction blocking that dominated the line of scrimmage. With the suction blocking gone in Madden 12, in the games I played with the Vikings Allen was terrorizing quarterbacks in the backfield all day.

New Ball Physics
It appears that EA has applied some new spin to the football. Ball rotations during kicks look different, and when a ball was deflected at the line of scrimmage it shot up into the air in a way I've never seen before, creating that pulse pounding moment where you see defenders desperately try to get underneath the ball before it falls incomplete.

The Nerve Racking Kicking Game
Kicking field goals last year was automatic. I could nail a fifty yarder with the game on the line without breaking a sweat, and my conversion ratio rarely dropped below pro bowl numbers. This year's kicking meter feels much more unpredictable and touchy. The accuracy appears to have been tweaked to make it harder to hit the perfect kick every time; I watched several people shank field goal attempts past 40 yards, and many of the successful attempts were closer calls than the standard shots up the middle you saw all the time in Madden NFL 11.

Long snappers Get Their Due
Last year we reported about the schism in the Vikings locker room over the exclusion of long snapper Cullen Loeffler in Madden 11. He wasn't alone; all but one of the critical special teamers were left out of the game, a controversy that eventually went national. With true roster sizes this year, EA Tiburon is finally giving these unheralded players the respect they deserve.

Improved Zone Coverage
The player awareness is drastically better than it was in previous years. Defenders more consistently analyze their responsibilities and shade toward receivers who enter their zones, and EA wasn't lying when they said that players can't exploit the flats as much as they did last year.

Last edited:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
hof_cover.jpg

Today we're also announcing the limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition, featuring former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk on the cover. Available on August 30th for the retail price of $89.99, a limited run of 125,000 copies of the Hall of Fame Edition will be available exclusively in the United States* for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360®.

Marshall Faulk will be the first Madden NFL cover athlete to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year. The limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition will include:

• Premium bronze, foil embossed cover featuring Marshall Faulk

• Full version of Madden NFL 12 video game

• Autographed Panini Card – Madden NFL and Panini, the world leader in published collectables, have teamed up to create the ultimate Madden NFL trading card featuring 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Marshall Faulk. Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, each hand-signed by Faulk. One solid, 18k gold autographed card will be randomly inserted into one Xbox 360® and one PlayStation®3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history.

• Exclusive Madden Ultimate Team Platinum Pack –The perfect combination of Madden NFL, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. The Hall of Fame Edition provides a Madden Ultimate Team experience like never before with the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes, including: Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Eddie George, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Vince Young, Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL and are fully renewable with contract extensions, which is sure to make them some of the most sought after cards in Ultimate Team history.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is all great and all, but what about on the PS2? I really cant see them investing the resources on it for the unit. Though according to Gamestop, it'll be on the PS2... Thank God. But Im wondering if it'll just be a roster update.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is all great and all, but what about on the PS2? I really cant see them investing the resources on it for the unit. Though according to Gamestop, it'll be on the PS2... Thank God. But Im wondering if it'll just be a roster update.

I'm pretty sure it will just be a roster update and some minor tweaking. Just the MLB the show they wont put any effort into the ps2 anymore.

Sad but the ps2 is almost dead

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pause it at 42 seconds and look at soldier field....looks like they have FINALLY fixed it. The Suites/press boxes look correct. It looks like soldier field...bout damn time EA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvHi77vjo8E&feature=player_profilepage]YouTube - ‪Madden NFL 12 E3 Gameplay - Green Bay vs. Chicago‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
Soldier Field in Madden...and it only took a little over 20 years. lol