Madden 12: Franchise Mode/game changes Thread

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Post all madden info here from now on

Franchise Mode has been changed/overhauled...EA is giving out info a lil bit at a time... and here are the first of many parts.

Madden NFL 12: Any Given Sunday in Franchise Mode - Xbox 360 Preview at IGN

Player Roles

Here are some of the 20+ roles in Madden NFL 12:
•Team Mentor

•Team Leader
•Injury Prone
•Run Stopper
•Franchise Quarterback
•Defensive Playmaker
•Offensive Playmaker
•Playoff Performer
•Shutdown Corner
•Pass Rusher
•Trench Warrior
•Fumble Prone
•Underachiever
•Project Player
•1st Round Pick
•Future Star
•Iron Man
QB of the Future
•Feature Back

Dynamic Player Performance

Players rarely maintain the same level of performance throughout a season. There are good days and bad. In Madden NFL 12's Franchise mode, consistency and confidence are major factors in how a player's performance varies throughout a season.

Michael Vick can be thrilling to watch one week and agonizing to watch the next. His inconsistency can swing his Madden rating by some 20 points, which sounds crazy, but isn't too far-fetched. Peyton Manning, by contrast, remains the most consistent QB in the NFL. When Peyton steps onto the field, you can be fairly certain of the quality of his performance.

Rookies tend to be less consistent, capable of jaw-dropping plays followed by boneheaded ones week in and week out. And as players learn and mature (if they mature), they gain consistency. It matters this year if a player is a rookie – not just because they may have a lower overall rating, but because that rating can fluctuate greatly. Letting a rookie sit and learn is actually a viable strategy in Franchise mode.

The other weekly factor in dynamic player performance is confidence. This comes down to hot and cold streaks. If Antonio Cromartie remembers all his children's names and gets a pair of picks against the Giants, he's going to be riding high into the next week. So much of the game is said to be mental and so a player's mindset factors into their stats on Sunday. Streaks only last a maximum of three weeks before resetting, preventing a player from having an inflated rating the entire season.

Will post when more comes out

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds very interesting. I get madden every year and enjoy the franchise mode.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not enough. The franchise needed a complete overhaul after not being touched last year. This is a start, but not as much as much change as I thought.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not enough. The franchise needed a complete overhaul after not being touched last year. This is a start, but not as much as much change as I thought.

There will be more info next week about what changes they have made to gameplay and the franchise/superstar modes. They are releasing info lil bit at a time.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Madden has sucked for quite a while now. I wont buy Madden untill they put physics in tackling and blocking. Ian Cummings is terrible and has ruined football gaming for me. I always rent it but will not buy it EA is too lazy they dont deserve my money.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madden NFL 12: The Basics - Xbox 360 Preview at IGN

What's new this year?
There's quite a lot, actually. Five Madden NFL 12 additions you'll notice right off the bat: Authentic presentation (both in pre-game and during the game), the addition of custom playbooks, improvements to Gameflow (AI-controlled play-calling), collision technology for better tackling, and improved defensive AI.

What's new in Franchise mode?
A whole lot. No, really -- Tiburon claims 90% of all Madden players try out Franchise mode. The team finally invested some time into greatly improving things. Here's a cheat sheet:

Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.

Player Roles:
More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.

The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.

Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).

Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.

Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.

Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.

Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.

Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.

Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.

Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.

Last edited:

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sounds much better!

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm excited for Madden for the first time in a few years. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

But how can it with a white boy on the cover. :lol:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, the main concept I want in Franchise is Player Progression. Im so sick of playing 3 years and every bastard on my team gets a 99 Awareness. And Every year after that. I actually bypass drafting and fill my roster with older players to break that effect. Franchise mode in general was not that bad, what more does one really need to do? But the AI was horrible. Seen teams draft and sign 5 QBs! Romo, Rivers, Brees all together? WTF? No logic at all. :facepalm: I now sign then trade em to avoid it.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXytPiFtCNI]YouTube - Madden NFL 12: Presentation Trailer[/ame]

Madden NFL 12: Presentation Trailer

If you look closely it appears Soldier Field is still wrong....ugh

Last edited:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Future Draft Picks

I can’t mention community requested features without talking about Future Draft Picks, which we’ve also added this year.

It’s pretty simple…when making a trade, you can trade away the current year draft picks or next year’s picks.

This allows you to mortgage the future for a player you want to trade up to get in this year’s draft.

Or pretend you are the Patriots and trade down throughout the NFL Draft for next year’s picks.

Increased Injury Chances and Injured Reserve Fixed

If expanded rosters is the most requested community feature, fixing injured reserve is a close second.

It’s great that adding expanded rosters actually allowed us to fix IR since the game can now handle having more than 55 players on a team.

This year, players are automatically placed on IR and that opens up a roster spot for the team to sign a replacement for him.

CPU controlled teams now place players on injured reserve and sign a replacement if they need to.

New Salary System

After hearing complaints about how the old salary system was hard to deal with last year, we added a new salary system for players, which apply to veterans and draft rookies.

Last year, rookies would sign contracts based on their positions and ratings…so if you took a 70 overall HB #1 in the draft, he would ask for a 3 year/15 million dollar deal as the 1st pick (which is extremely unrealistic).

Rookies now sign contracts based solely on their position and their draft pick. If you take a QB with the first overall pick, expect to pay him a lot.

As far as the re-sign stage goes, players now sign contracts based on their age, overall rating and potential. Older players will always sign shorter deals for less money as their careers wind down while teams may try to lock up a young player with lots of potential with an expensive deal.

Ohio13State

The Future and Present.
Liked Posts:
Nice to see the guy from HC09 is doing M12, gives me hope.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
E3 2011: Madden NFL 12's Dynamic Player Performance - Xbox 360 Preview at IGN

E3 2011: Madden NFL 12's Dynamic Player Performance
This year's game promises to be the most realistic football experience ever.

Previously, I revealed how Madden NFL 12's Franchise mode handles fluctuations of a player's performance over the course of a season. Well, that stuff applies to every play of every game. Every player is rated on their confidence and consistency, which helps determine how much they are impacted by good and bad play.

Jay Cutler can throw a pick and quickly start dropping down to a 75-rated passer. But he can also string together completions and leap up to an overall 90 rating in a game. Peyton Manning won't have those severe swings in either direction. He might have a tough game here and there or a particularly sharp performance, but overall, Peyton is Peyton every time he steps onto the field.

The hope is that no two games will ever be the same and that Madden finally captures the essence of every NFL player. To that end, tendencies and traits are given for anyone who straps on a helmet. When pressured, Brady is unlikely to run and tends to throw the ball away rather than sling it wildly into traffic. Vick isn't afraid to tuck and go when he feels a little heat. The traits get pretty specific, such as the tendency to cover the ball against a medium hitter. Yeah, that specific.

Those tendencies help dictate how players react on the field. But it's what happens after every down that makes things interesting. Those tendencies can change during a game, depending on the player's psyche. Some crumble quickly when things start going bad.

Get a good hit on Eli Manning, for example, and he starts pressing. He might get rid of the ball a little quicker, start misreading the defense in his hurry. Peyton Hillis fights for every yard, but if he coughs it up early, he'll become more conscious of protecting the ball. He'll cover up more often, doing his best to secure the ball. That might cost him a yard here or there, but also limits the risk of another fumble.

Knowing the players on the field can be a major advantage on Sunday. T.O. lacks concentration. If he isn't involved in the game, he might drop a crucial pass. You know this. So, as the coach, you need to call some short, high-percentage plays for T.O. to build his confidence and keep him focused. Because when he's focused, he might still come up big when you need him. Otherwise, he could erode the confidence of everyone around him.

That's right – players don't just affect themselves, but can influence an entire team. When a QB has it going, it can energize an entire offense. A great leader, for instance, can boost not only his own play, but those around him. And influential players who lose confidence easily can lower the play of the entire team. It works both ways.

The concept is solid and could prove the biggest change to Madden in years. But it could also completely send Madden's gameplay off the rails if it's not balanced perfectly. I've played one game of Madden 12, which is hardly enough to judge the quality of Dynamic Player Performance. If the team at Tiburon can pull this off, it will be something special.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I might have to trade Jay or starting running the football lol

Fix the O-line 1st lol

cutlerface.JPG