The Official MW3 Thread

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elite consists of four ideas that will make up your profile: Career, Connect, Compete, and Improve.

Career: Here you can view a summary of every Call of Duty match you play. You'll be able to scrutinize details from individual matches as well as your entire career, spanning all of the games supported by Elite.

What your Player Card will look like in Elite.
ELITE_Career-PlayerCard_1306789775.jpg

Connect: This is a social network for Call of Duty. Elite will allow for very specific match making and group creation. For instance, say you're a Godzilla fan and you want to play Call of Duty against other Godzilla fans. Just start typing in "Godzilla…" If a group already exists, it will auto fill and you can instantly join the bunch. If it hasn't been created, yet, it will be once you hit return.

Anyone can create a group. No one monitors them – it's all automatic. So when the last person leaves a group, it is automatically disbanded. From a player's Elite card, you can see all the groups they are a member of.

Elite is also going to support private clans.

Compete: Competition is what Call of Duty is all about, isn't it? The Compete tab will be where you enlist in a constant stream of official Activision events, take part in screenshot contests, and even win prizes both real and virtual.

Improve: This is where you can advance your game. There will be tutorial videos for every weapon and every map, explaining how to take advantage of your tools and terrain. You'll also find tips on how to improve your kill streaks and earn those perks.

The Improve area of Elite will provide extensive info on every weapon and map available.

Elite is being built for Modern Warfare 3 and should be available alongside its launch on November 8. It will also support Black Ops out of the gate. Other Call of Duty games might be added later, but Activision is focusing on Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops for now. You'll be able to access the service from your computer, from within Call of Duty games, and from a mobile phone app.

So, you're probably wondering if Elite is free or if it will come with that rumored subscription fee. Activision says there will be some free features, but for the complete Elite experience you'll need to have a premium membership. How much will it cost? Activision isn't saying but claims it will be "less than any comparable online entertainment service." Included in your subscription will be all future downloadable map packs. Non-subscribers will have to pay the $15 or whatever the packs cost, but subscribers get them at no extra charge.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I'm glad that there will be no nukes. That was the main reason for the excessive camping in MW2.

Anyone here planning on subscribing to that Call of Duty Elite shit? Activision can suck it, because I won't be paying monthly for stuff that should be free with purchase of the game.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm definitely not subscribing to it. I wouldn't play it near enough to make it worth the subscription. This holiday season is going to be busy video game wise for me with Uncharted 3 and Skyrim, so spending a subscription on MW3 would be pointless.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
MW3 Guns Leaked! Ghost Alive??? | ESG – EvilSourceGaming

Leaked weapons list (partial list I think due to lack to Light Machine Guns)

Assault Rifles

SCAR-L
M14 EBR Assault Rifle
Remington ACR
AK-47
G36 Assault Rifle

Sub-Machine Guns

Skorpion
MP5

Sniper Rifles:

Barret 50. Caliber Sniper Rifle
Remington Semi-Automatic Sniping System (RSASS)

Shotguns:

Model 1887
Striker
AA-12
KSG Shotgun

Pistols:

MP421 Russian Pistol
Walter P99 Pistol
FMG Machine Pistol

Grenade Launches:

M320 Grenade Launcher

Also there will be no "dive to prone" like in Black Ops. There will be more Multiplayer modes. There will be less damage from explosives, take that noobtubers.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
we can hope....

will the L96A sniper be back? :shifty:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
no noobtubing?

YAY THIS MEANS MULTIPLAYER WILL BE TOLERABLE FOR ONCE:yeah:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr7Ef7QGTGQ]Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer World Premiere - YouTube[/ame]

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some "leaked" info:

1. All the maps so far have been small and full of cover however they all have good routes for Capture The Flag.
2. Dog tags game mode where you pick up dog tags off the players you kill, if you pickup dog tags from your team mates kills they won’t count.
3. Guns have there own perks.
4. Customizable reticles.
5. The flag pick up/return is a second.
6. M16 is 2 burst kill and is similar to the CoD4 M16.
7. Dead Silence is unlocked at Level 55.
8. You are able to restrict a lot in private matches. example: guns, killstreaks, perks etc…
9. A perk where you can walk faster whilst aiming in.
10. A perk which allows you to see an Enemy from far away.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
That trailer is awful. It shows a whole lot of nothing and the map/s look like rehashes of Karachi and Strike. I don't get why they showed so little of the actual first person gameplay.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
mw3hardened.jpg

While previous Hardened Editions of Call of Duty games have rang up for $80, Activision is upping the cost to $100 for Modern Warfare 3. This is most likely because of the inclusion of a year of Elite, which would cost $50 by itself.

Here's the full list of what comes in the package:

A year of Elite
Elite perks: in-game emblem, camouflage, clan XP boost, player card, and more
Exclusive PlayStation Network theme
Juggernaut outfit for your Xbox Live avatar
Fancy steel case
100+ pages of sketches and other military source material
Unique disc art

The Hardened Edition will launch alongside the standard game this November.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Robert Bowling's twitter, there will be no Combat Training in MW3. He then said Spec Ops Survival will serve as their intro to MP like Treyarch used Combat Training for.

This upsets me. I loved Combat Training in Black Ops.