The Official MW3 Thread

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
mw3_sandman_splash_01.jpg

Figured I'd get this started since info is coming out about it. It's all but announced, but Kotaku has some info on it already.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04[/ame]

Kotaku: The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive first details on the biggest game of 2011

From the article about single player:

-The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack.
-The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters.
-The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.
-Two new characters- Frost and Sandman.
-Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Second article about the multiplayer-
Kotaku: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer features battles in Brooklyn, Clash in Mogadishu

Key points-
-Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps
-The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes.
-The survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies. (Sounds like their version of Treyarch's Zombie mode.)

Multiplayer Maps

-Alpha
-Alps
-Bootleg
-Bravo
-Brooklyn
-Carbon
-Coast
-Dome
-Exchange
-Hardhat
-Interchange
-Lambeth
-Meteora
-Mogadishu
-Paris
-Plaza 2
-Radar
-Seatown
-Underground
-Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

-Carbon
-Dome
-Radar
-Seatown
-Village

Mission

-Civilian Rescue
-Flood the Market
-Invisible Threat
-Little Bro's
-Out of Africa
-No Fly Zone
-Wing Man

Last edited:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C_7_dYWMsL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Gonna be sweet as fuck!

That Manhattan multiplayer map will be insane

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think they(and every game for that matter) need to find a different enemy. Every COD game it's the Russians. The Cold War has been over for 20 years.

As for the game, I am hopeful that it will be good. They always do pretty well in the multiplayer gameplay, but I'd like to see a little more difficulty and depth in the story mode.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it will just be more of the same, which is good and bad IMO. I have really enjoyed all of the CoD titles since MW1. I still play Black Ops (and MW2 when I see buddies online playing it) and have a good time doing it. I probably had about 30 days gameplay on MW1, about 20 on MW2, and I'm probably around 4 days on Black Ops. So, yeah, I've played a bit.

I do think they need to change up the game somehow (like use a new engine or something) but I don't want them to completely change the gameplay. I like the game because of it's pace, ability to just pick up and play a few games, fun factor, etc.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I would really like Infinity Ward to do another WWII game....im a sucker for Nazi games

Meadows

Liked Posts:
Tompkinsville, KY [Hopefully Chicago, IL by Spring
I will make a return to the 360 whenever this game is released. I can't wait!

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see what this game will be like. I'll definitely be buying this regardless, I just hope it's better and more balanced than MW2.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sneak peek of the game tonight during the Western Conference Finals.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some rumors about the multiplayer. http://www.agamingsite.com/ps3/rumour-modern-warfare-3-multiplayer-details-leaked/

Notes-
*the game will feature COD points, but in a heavily ‘redesigned and refocused way’.
*wager matches are unlikely to return
*single player has a very multiplayer feel to it, with some interesting ideas to it.
*a huge improvement in the number of maps, modes and game types’, and to expect ‘more people on maps than you would normally expect’. 32 players was thrown about.
*IW didn't copy Zombies, and won't copy wager matches but there could be something similar.
*up to 23 maps from launch, but they have plans for huge post-support DLC.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
And here it is
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04]YouTube - ‪Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer‬‏[/ame]

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
Looks okay but there are just so many games coming out in November that look better, I think I'll wait till Christmas to get it.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks okay but there are just so many games coming out in November that look better, I think I'll wait till Christmas to get it.

This.

I love FPS shooters and MW is the king of them (although I wish Counterstrike would have come out with a new game to topple this shit) but FPS's in general are getting old and there is way too many games coming out in November. It will be a solid game to buy once I am done with them, say January or February... Although Mass Effect 3 will be out at that time. Tough to say!