Discuss here.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lets repeat Game 1's performance!

Okay, not likely to happen as Miami will probably make some adjustments. That being said, I hope we can make counter-adjustments. While we don't have to win Game 2, I would feel a hell lot better going to Miami with a 2-0 lead, Miami's back broken, and us defending our home court.

sach1

Liked Posts:
as much as I love their game tonight, the Bulls should start forgetting this game and Focus on Game 2. I don't see Bosh having an easy day on the paint next time but more importantly we have to be prepared for LBJ and Wade they will really try to bounce back. Be ready for a more intense rebounding battle next time and don't forget James Jones we don't want him to wax hot from the outside as well.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taking the first two would be HUGE. I know it's not a must-win, but I hope Thibs make it feel like one. A 2-0 advantage against these babies would be great.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
After sweeping them in the season, and a 21 smackdown lastnight, the Heat is definitely demoralized. Taking game 2 would be close to a nail in the coffin moment. Granted, the Heat will rebound and become more aggressive, but this also has the negative effect of making mistakes. I'd worry more if theyre composed Wednesday. Still, as long as we stay focused, and consistent, theres little doubt that we cant go all the way. But for now, come on Wed! I'm off so I can watch it :)

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
cant wait... i think bulls come out on top 97-94

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game is going to be harder for the Bulls to win, but behind their fans and defense, a 2-0 lead is totally possible. What made the difference, to me, was how well D-Rose played. He had 28 points and made 10 out of 22 shots, including 3-7 from three point range.

When they get a good game from Rose, the team, as a whole, does better offensively. This will be the key all season long.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm worries that our outside shots won't fall after a almost 50% performance last night. But we won by 21pts so it's not like that made all the difference.

Our sloppy turnovers early left them with easy transition buckets. I think after that early stretch, they only had 4 more fast break points the rest of the game. That's how you beat Miami, I said it before the series. Transition d is so crucial for both teams. Throughout the Playoffs Anthony has been big for them, getting on the offensive glass and getting the easy putbacks ala Joakim Noah. Yesterday he had zero points and 6 boards. They had no orebs the 2nd half, that's huge!

Defense, rebounding and bench contribution. That's made the difference all season. It's gotten us to the best record in the NBA and our best wins this post-season had all 3 of those in full effect. Continue to rebound, dont give two superstars 2nd chance points, get our superstar some more. As long as the bench plays like they have, we will win. The Heat are lucky if they get a good game from one of their guys. Taj has been absolutely HUGE for us te past 3 or 4 games. I have a feeling that this guy isn't done.

We saw Spo try to get Haslem involved late. I wonder if he will activate Dampier and Z? Z is actually still a pretty good offensive rebounder.

I hope the refs don't let LBJ and Wade get to the line every single time someone touches them.

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm worries that our outside shots won't fall after a almost 50% performance last night. But we won by 21pts so it's not like that made all the difference.

Our sloppy turnovers early left them with easy transition buckets. I think after that early stretch, they only had 4 more fast break points the rest of the game. That's how you beat Miami, I said it before the series. Transition d is so crucial for both teams. Throughout the Playoffs Anthony has been big for them, getting on the offensive glass and getting the easy putbacks ala Joakim Noah. Yesterday he had zero points and 6 boards. They had no orebs the 2nd half, that's huge!

Defense, rebounding and bench contribution. That's made the difference all season. It's gotten us to the best record in the NBA and our best wins this post-season had all 3 of those in full effect. Continue to rebound, dont give two superstars 2nd chance points, get our superstar some more. As long as the bench plays like they have, we will win. The Heat are lucky if they get a good game from one of their guys. Taj has been absolutely HUGE for us te past 3 or 4 games. I have a feeling that this guy isn't done.

We saw Spo try to get Haslem involved late. I wonder if he will activate Dampier and Z? Z is actually still a pretty good offensive rebounder.

I hope the refs don't let LBJ and Wade get to the line every single time someone touches them.

You can bet the refs will let Wade and Lebron go on the line most of the time. They've done it all season, so why would it stop now?

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
Bulls will win by 7 in a game that is close until the last couple of minutes, the big 3 will have a decent game while the rest of the team flounders around waiting for direction from the coach who is nothing more than a figure head...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can bet the refs will let Wade and Lebron go on the line most of the time. They've done it all season, so why would it stop now?

You can bet that Wade and James will average about 14 FTAs a game at least for the rest of the series. Bosh will probably get 8+ too. We're gonna get every single ticky tack foul called against us for the rest of the series. Though hopefully at least we can draw some fouls on Bosh. Wade and James might combine for 3 fouls for the rest of the series. I hope I'm dead wrong, but that one play in the first quarter where Bogans clearly fouled Lebron on the ground on a fastbreak and Lebron just throws the ball at the rim and gets continuation was just representation of the BS calls that they're going to get just for being them. I guarantee that Rose does that and he does not get continuation. But when we beat them despite all this, I'm going to laugh in Stern's face.

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can bet that Wade and James will average about 14 FTAs a game at least for the rest of the series. Bosh will probably get 8+ too. We're gonna get every single ticky tack foul called against us for the rest of the series. Though hopefully at least we can draw some fouls on Bosh. Wade and James might combine for 3 fouls for the rest of the series. I hope I'm dead wrong, but that one play in the first quarter where Bogans clearly fouled Lebron on the ground on a fastbreak and Lebron just throws the ball at the rim and gets continuation was just representation of the BS calls that they're going to get just for being them. I guarantee that Rose does that and he does not get continuation. But when we beat them despite all this, I'm going to laugh in Stern's face.

I really want the Bulls to beat the Heat just so every "Heat fan" and ESPN analyst can shut up. Plus I'd like to see Lebron's championship delayed for as long as possible.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
It was nice to see Korver hit a 3 in garbage time that could get him going for game 2 we have all seen how one shot can get him going!

I am really impressed by Korver overall, all he could do is shoot before and while he might not have the foot speed to be a good defender, you can tell he puts in the effort to try and defend, and has been a pretty decent system defender.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was nice to see Korver hit a 3 in garbage time that could get him going for game 2 we have all seen how one shot can get him going!

I am really impressed by Korver overall, all he could do is shoot before and while he might not have the foot speed to be a good defender, you can tell he puts in the effort to try and defend, and has been a pretty decent system defender.

Korver's always put in the effort. He just does not have the athleticism to guard most NBA players. Not his fault.

Commodore K'nection

Liked Posts:
Dwyane Wade seriously better not try to break D-Rose's arm like he did dirty to Rondo. That's the ONLY way Miami will win this series.

110507_rondo.jpg

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Dwyane Wade seriously better not try to break D-Rose's arm like he did dirty to Rondo. That's the ONLY way Miami will win this series.

110507_rondo.jpg

If that happened, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people in Chicago that know where is Chicago home is located :nervous:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rose is too strong to let Wade do that. I actually think Rose is physically tougher than Wade, despite the size disparity, which isnt that great in the first place.