Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
10 pt loss
10 missed fts.

While you can say that after the game, in reality a team is not likely to go 100% from the FT line in a game.

That being said, as we only scored 2 points the last 7 minutes of the game, and they weren't free throws...if we had made just 5 more free throws, we are up 78-73 (when the game was really tied at 73) and the pressure is really on Miami then at that point to come back. We could have still lost the game, but my point is that things maybe go differently if we just made our season average % of free throws.

sach1

Liked Posts:
While you can say that after the game, in reality a team is not likely to go 100% from the FT line in a game.

That being said, as we only scored 2 points the last 7 minutes of the game, and they weren't free throws...if we had made just 5 more free throws, we are up 78-73 (when the game was really tied at 73) and the pressure is really on Miami then at that point to come back. We could have still lost the game, but my point is that things maybe go differently if we just made our season average % of free throws.

if we only made half of those it could have been a different ball game. I know this team is not a good FT shooting team that's why it sucks to see that one of the reasons we lost is because of this. They have to do much better.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can't just blame the loss on Kyle Korver. If he is 1-of-5 for three then it's a bad shooting night. If it's 2-of-5 then it's essentially his average. Luol Deng was 1-of-7 shooting threes and the team shot piss poor at free throws.

The Heat were the better team tonight. Now it's time to focus on winning in Miami.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
10 pt loss
10 missed fts.

And if Miami hit all theirs as well they still win by 6. You're going to miss some free throws. Game wasn't close enough for it to be the difference in the end.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's going to be a tough ass series... these guys are no joke. I was a little worried about Miami coming out with a chip on their shoulder after getting embarrassed in Game 1. Now the Bulls need to take the momentum back and homecourt advantage.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls went 6-of-20 (instead of 3-of-20) from three-point range and Derrick Rose went 9-of-10 from the line (instead of 7-of-10), the Bulls would have won this Game, in all likelihood.

W
W
W
W
L

I'm liking the Bulls' chances of getting home-court advantage back in Miami.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls went 6-of-20 (instead of 3-of-20) from three-point range and Derrick Rose went 9-of-10 from the line (instead of 7-of-10), the Bulls would have won this Game, in all likelihood.

W
W
W
W
L

I'm liking the Bulls' chances of getting home-court advantage back in Miami.

I'm thinking we can. We all know how this team comes out after a loss. Even if it is rough sometimes (Like Game 5 against Atlanta). In the end it just comes down to making some shots, which we need to do. There isn't a whole lot more we can do on defense to stop these guys.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's just one loss, just like game 1 was just one win. If you play a team as good as the Heat enough times they are bound to beat you once or twice. The Bulls have won 4 out of 5. I find it highly unlikely that the Heat win 4 out of 6 (including tonight's game).

I can't explain why the offense was so bad tonight. I don't think the Bulls can either. A small part of it was good defense on the Heat's part, but most of it was just players missing shots they normally make. I don't think they will be that bad again. They just need to keep doing what they do best and they will come out on top.

Last edited:

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imo Rose forced too many shots,we turned the ball over too much,our free throw percentage sucked,etc. They outplayed us.Simple as that. Fuck Miami!!! I'll be waiting for game 3. Also Kyle wasnt anywhere that game. If we can come out strong defensively from the beginning we wont have to worry about catching up. They started off with too many fast breaks on us and also again later on in the game. Our bad decision making is what killed us the most. Hopefully we win game 3,lets go Bulls!!!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kyle hasnt been anywhere since the Indiana series. That Atlanta series threw him out of rhythm and now he's pretty much in a slump. Since he's is an defensive liability, I'd just not play him except for a spirt in the second quarter. If he can knock down a couple of shots there, then I'd play him again in the 4th, otherwise, I dont want him out there. I know we need offense, but if he's not giving us any, he's being exposed on defense like Ben Gordon always was for us.