Official NBA Finals Thread

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at Lebron at this press conference. Basically with a "fuck everyone that isn't on the Heat" mentality.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just tired of the reaction that as soon as you state the obvious about the Heat and it isn't that they are the great satan of the NBA that people get the "You aren't a Bulls fan/you're a Heat fanboy" reaction.

Keep grasping at straws.

No one here has discussed the Mavs. We actually have posters here arguing over who posted a LeBron joke first.

I was rooting for the Mavs. They won. I'm happy but I'm not going to live vicariously through the victory as if it means anything to me, as it seems this board and Cleveland is doing.

So you feel the need to shoot others happiness down because why? That's all I'm asking. I'm happy the heat lost, as are most nba fans...and it bothers you that we are all excited about lebwade not winning. why?
You haven't hit a nerve at all.

I haven't talked about the Mavs because no one is just flat out making shit up about them..outside of someone comparing Bill Walton to Dirk....WTF? They aren't even close to be similar players. You want to discuss that?

No...I think that's dumb. Dirk is his own entity, moreso than 99% of players that have ever played in the nba. I <3 his offensive game...no need to compare him to anybody.

it was me...just letting y'all know

:shifty:

Tellin' ya, Mike and Mike said it Friday morning...and i said it an hour later to a heat fan. :shifty:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not living vicariously through anyone, I'm just happy that Dirk and Kidd got their rings so they can go into the HOF as champs and that they beat the Heat doing so. Naturally, I'd prefer a Bulls win over anything, but it didn't happen. Just saying. *Backs away*

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL at Lebron at this press conference. Basically with a "fuck everyone that isn't on the Heat" mentality.

Yeah...I didn't know what to expect from his post-game presser...but he could've gone another (better) direction.

can't completely blame him though...I'd be pissed, too....especially after....

Chris-Bosh-Dwyane-Wade-and-Lebron-James.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
dirk speaks russian..in german

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you feel the need to shoot others happiness down because why?
Because I find it fun?
...and it bothers you that we are all excited about lebwade not winning. why?
:obama:
I'm not "bothered" by it.

I simply saw something was inaccurate or something that was so obvious(They never "promised" anything and did you expect them to say anything other than that they wanted to or came together to win 'ships each year?) that I felt I wanted to address it. Why are you so "bothered" by me pointing out the obvious?

This entire "happy the Heat lost" thing just smells of butt hurt fans of teams the Big Three spurned.

If the Big Three had come up short in Chicago...This board would be saying the same thing that Miami is saying. "Fuckin sucks, but we are still really well positions for the next 5 years or so."

I just choose not to lose sight of the big picture during shit like this.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wade when asked about having a top-heavy payroll (paraphrased):

"They [Mavs] Have a top-heavy payroll. We've got a top-3 heavy payroll...but they do too. We got a lot of guys who took the minimum....We aren't the highest payroll in the NBA."

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because I find it fun?

I'm not "bothered" by it.

I simply saw something was inaccurate or something that was so obvious(They never "promised" anything and did you expect them to say anything other than that they wanted to or came together to win 'ships each year?) that I felt I wanted to address it. Why are you so "bothered" by me pointing out the obvious?

This entire "happy the Heat lost" thing just smells of butt hurt fans of teams the Big Three spurned.

If the Big Three had come up short in Chicago...This board would be saying the same thing that Miami is saying. "Fuckin sucks, but we are still really well positions for the next 5 years or so."

But they didn't. And I have a right as a fan to say whatever th I want about it. My money (both through bought items and endorsements) supports the NBA like anyone else's...I have a right to root for who I want.

And to address the first part...I expect them to say they are going to do what they can to win titles...not say "Not 5....Not 6....Not 7..." before they've ever practiced.

It doesn't bother me at all...just trying to pick your brain a bit and see the angle you're coming from. I'm figuring it out...but meeting quite a bit of hostility along the way.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Alle Hagel dirk der Champion!

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wade when asked about having a top-heavy payroll (paraphrased):

"They [Mavs] Have a top-heavy payroll. We've got a top-3 heavy payroll...but they do too. We got a lot of guys who took the minimum....We aren't the highest payroll in the NBA."

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries

Mavs=3rd.

Heat=17th

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm well aware...just found it amusing that he felt the need to attack it. If he would've attacked the basket as hard as he attacked that question, he would've gotten 28 more ft attempts and they would've won.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But they didn't
Didn't what? Win? Obviously.

But that doesn't mean they "promised" anything or should be expected to say anything but what they did during that rally.

And I have a right as a fan to say whatever th I want about it.
And I have a right to tell you it's dumb and point out the obvious about it.

My money (both through bought items and endorsements) supports the NBA like anyone else's...I have a right to root for who I want.
Yep, and when you post your thoughts and feeling and show the way you root I have the right to comment on it.

Don't like it? Don't post it.

And to address the first part...I expect them to say they are going to do what they can to win titles...not say "Not 5....Not 6....Not 7..." before they've ever practiced.
Ok maybe you want them to be less arrogant. Fine, but everyone knows what the expectations were and what those guys expected or wanted to do. Them saying isn't doing anything but stating the obvious.

Lebron was telling the fans and the crowd what they wanted to hear.

And yet again..he didn't "promise' anything.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm well aware...just found it amusing that he felt the need to attack it.
Well I find it funny the reporter had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

Wade should have "attacked" it. It was inaccurate and Wade was/is 100% correct.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welp Cuban just cursed on live TV

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol mark cuban is pretty vocal right now

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K. Firsttimer wins. I won't argue about this anymore.