Sony's Welcome Back Program is Live

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
fter a pretty rough month, Sony's PlayStation brand is back on the upswing. The PlayStation Network was out for over three weeks, and Sony promised to make it up to the PlayStation faithful. Now that PlayStation Network functionality has been fully restored as of June 1st, when the PlayStation Store finally returned, Sony has pushed forward its much-anticipated Welcome Back program.

If you're new to the party, you can read the details of Sony's PlayStation Welcome Back program here. Essentially, gamers who had PSN accounts that were created before April 20, 2011 can claim a series of free games. Two PSN games can be chosen from a list of five, and an additional two PSP games can be chosen from a separate list of four.

To access your freebies, simply head to the PlayStation Store. There, at the top of the list on the left side of the Store's front page, you'll see "Welcome Back" clear as day. Click on each of the four "Free Game" icons and claim whatever titles you choose.

The PlayStation Blog has posted a series of clarifications that will answer many gamers' questions about the program. And there are some pretty important details there. For instance, gamers will be able to claim their Welcome Back content between now and July 3rd. Once you download the games, they are yours to keep forever. And remember -- if you didn't have PlayStation Plus, you'll have it now for 30 days. So get in on your PS-Plus-related goodies, but keep in mind that your free PS+ content will disappear after the 30 day trial if you don't renew.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
shocker...seems to be crashing lol

also wondering...Me and my 2 brothers all have accounts on my ps3...so I could D/l all 5 games right?

Last edited:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose you could download all of them with separate accounts and share the files.

I went to my buddy's house the other day to install Heavy Rain's 2.00 patch, which is 1145 MB. Took less than 50 minutes. On my house connection it would have taken 600 minutes. Just looked at the inFAMOUS size, 7056 MB...that'll take roughly 2300 minutes. That's 38 hours. Yeah I'll just let this sit in my recent downloads folder and DL it at another time.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Infamous is a pretty good game. If you don't have it I would recommend it.

Other than that, I haven't played the others. I'm going to grab Little Big Planet and one other. Not sure which, yet.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Infamous is a pretty good game. If you don't have it I would recommend it.

Other than that, I haven't played the others. I'm going to grab Little Big Planet and one other. Not sure which, yet.

Cool I'll grab that one then... The only game i have is 2k11 lmao

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well apparently I only got 1 download. I clicked Get Now on the first free game, picked inFAMOUS, then when I clicked Get Now on the 2nd free game it gave several error codes then finally "this is not available", and now it's not even there anymore. Never got to DL my 2nd free game. Oh well, not too bummed about it. Just bought New Vegas again and Heavy Rain so I'm pretty busy game wise for a while.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well apparently I only got 1 download. I clicked Get Now on the first free game, picked inFAMOUS, then when I clicked Get Now on the 2nd free game it gave several error codes then finally "this is not available", and now it's not even there anymore. Never got to DL my 2nd free game. Oh well, not too bummed about it. Just bought New Vegas again and Heavy Rain so I'm pretty busy game wise for a while.

same thing happened 2 me

If you lose your free games...

"If this happened, go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network column, go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot."

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
I'll wait a week or two before I try to download anything. I think the store will be dragging ass for the next few weeks.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll wait a week or two before I try to download anything. I think the store will be dragging ass for the next few weeks.

I'm riding in that same boat. And, if they have to have my credit card number, they can piss off.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
same thing happened 2 me

If you lose your free games...

"If this happened, go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network column, go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot."

Sweet thanks. Picked WipEout. Will download them at another time though. WipEout was 1040 MB I think, along with an expansion pack and the game unlock probably around 1600 MB.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweet thanks. Picked WipEout. Will download them at another time though. WipEout was 1040 MB I think, along with an expansion pack and the game unlock probably around 1600 MB.

+ 3 patches
100 MB
11MB
(9.6 M
(d/l patches as I type)

Last edited: