Nats Could be Interested in Kosuke...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
MASNsports.com -

Thoughts? I hope this is true and trade him for an average spect if they take on his whole contract or trade for Dunn and that would be good. This move also opens the door for Colvin which woukld be nice.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
They're not giving the Cubs Adam Dunn for Kosuke Fukudome, and I highly doubt they'd be willing to take on all of Kosuke's contract.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If any team wants to take Fukudome I'd do it. Heck I'd split the contract 50/50 just to free up RF

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
article said unlikely and when did Fukudome Defense become bad...according to this article its diminshing...i think thats that only thing he is good at..

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
i dont think it will happen.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
It won't happen. We are stuck with him for one more year. I don't see any team wanting him or anyone else on this offense.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
FLOL at someone saying we could get dunn

haha

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't want Dunn... This wont happen

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we can unload Kosuke, we should do it. He notoriously declines as the season progresses, and we could start Colvin every day.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Waiting for a response from zack on my very important question.......

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just going off Kosuke V. Dunn production, I can see an argument either way. But when you consider the financial ramifications and the lack of production for the Cubs this season...it would be a no-brainer if both teams were willing.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
id take dunn in a fucking second.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Where would he play though? He's as much a defensive liability in the outfield as Soriano is. And with Lee at first it would be a tough spot to get him into the lineup without taking him out in the seventh for a defensive replacement.

Don't get me wrong I would love his bat in the lineup, but I just don't see the use for him right now. If we had gotten him last year instead of Bradley then OK.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would just be a player to getb in return to help cross out the contracts a little. Then if that EVER and I mean ever you trade him to the AL team who needs a DH like the Angels. That would be the best scenarion but very unlikely.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where would he play though? He's as much a defensive liability in the outfield as Soriano is. And with Lee at first it would be a tough spot to get him into the lineup without taking him out in the seventh for a defensive replacement.

Don't get me wrong I would love his bat in the lineup, but I just don't see the use for him right now. If we had gotten him last year instead of Bradley then OK.

You'd just bite the bullet and play Dunn in RF. Dunn isn't that great in the field everyone knows that but his bat would be worth it for 7-8 innings before you put in defensive replacements. Plus he can spell D Lee on certain days as well.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
You'd just bite the bullet and play Dunn in RF. Dunn isn't that great in the field everyone knows that but his bat would be worth it for 7-8 innings before you put in defensive replacements. Plus he can spell D Lee on certain days as well.

This. His bat definitely makes up for his defense.