Nats Could be Interested in Kosuke...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. His bat definitely makes up for his defense.

Yeah, Plus Wrigley's RF isn't exactly cavernous and has been patrolled by some pretty sub par outfielders before and they have done fine. I mean the Cubs stuck Dawson out there after his knees blew up and he managed fine. Sosa wasn't a great OF'er and he was ok. etc etc.

Last edited:

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Dawson was a gamer though. A lot of guys wouldn't have been able to play with knees as bad as his. I don't know how he did it.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
why don't you want Dunn?

The Cubs offense is starving for power and guys on base.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dawson was a gamer though. A lot of guys wouldn't have been able to play with knees as bad as his. I don't know how he did it.

I know....but that wasn't the point.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nats are not going to give us Dunn.... I actually like that Idea for couple years until Vitters is ready though

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
You used to get beat up a lot didn't you Lefty? So you stayed in and analyzed stats and now have a nifty little radio show. I bet you were the kind of kid that took names when the teacher left the room weren't you? You're a fucking tool. You take all the fun out of sports just so you can be smarter than the average fan. You can't say what you will to me, you don't know me and I could give a shit. So keep it coming because internet assholes make me smile.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
hope he goes to Nats....Colvin needs to play

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dunn+RF in Wrigley (especially w/ the sun)=disaster
You guys obviously haven't read Moneyball if you think a good bat cancels out atrocious defense

Lefty

Liked Posts:
You used to get beat up a lot didn't you Lefty?

No, not really. I've dominated in the few fights I've been involved with in my life. What's the point of asking that?

So you stayed in and analyzed stats

Well if really want to know: I didn't start actually analyzing the game until 2005, when I picked up and read Moneyball on a whim (I was more of a A Brief History of Time, Black Holes and Baby Universes kind of guy up until then); after that I was hooked. I started reading everything I could find on the subject of baseball analysis (Baseball Prospectus books and the like), and sought out others that were interested in similar ventures, ultimately arriving at where I am now. Before all of that I was just happy to watch and play baseball.

and now have a nifty little radio show.

Why thank you.

I bet you were the kind of kid that took names when the teacher left the room weren't you?

What does this have to do with anything? And the answer to that is no, though I was happy as shit when we re-assigned classroom duties and I got to be line leader, if that helps.

You're a fucking tool.

Huh? Where is this coming from? Really, getting this offended for someone somewhere sometime calling you out on your stupid shit (rather than accepting it and learning from it) isn't very healthy, especially when you say a bunch of stupid shit.

You take all the fun out of sports

You got me. That whole preamble about my sparked interest in baseball analysis was a lie: I am actually on a life-long crusade to ensure that sports are completely devoid of anything you might even consider "fun". Was it that obvious?

just so you can be smarter than the average fan.

No, I just AM smarter than the average fan. No big deal there.

You can't say what you will to me, you don't know me and I could give a shit.

This.........makes no sense. Please try again later.

So keep it coming because internet assholes make me smile.

Good, then our relationship is at least somewhat symbiotic: "Internet Assholes" like me make you smile, while "Medium-Neutral Morons" like you give me something to gripe about. Good work.

You guys obviously haven't read Moneyball if you think a good bat cancels out atrocious defense

............what? The point hammered home throughout the book was how Billy Beane and his crew capitalized on undervalued assets in players and disregarded the overvalued ones (defense being one of them). Yeah, Lewis writes in the book specifically about how bad the likes of Jeremy Giambi and Scott Hatteberg were with the leather, but those were all precursors to discussion of just how undervalued they were because of their defense, and even further discussion on how the A's kept on winning with that lack of defensive prowess (HINT: it wasn't luck).

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Yeah, what the hell?

There was a whole chapter on how they so much undervalued defense that they decided to move Scott Hatteberg to 1B on a whim because they felt no matter how many plays he could reasonably screw up he'd still be a + player because of his ability with the stick.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Safe to assume this thread isn't entirely about Kosuke to the 'Nats anymore?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I won't be surprised if Kosuke is retained until next year. Teams will want us to take on a lot of his salary if we trade him this year since he's on the books for $12M more next season.

zwentland

Liked Posts:
I doubt it. And if it does happen, I really hope its not for Dunn

ZAN

Liked Posts:
MASNsports.com -

Thoughts? I hope this is true and trade him for an average spect if they take on his whole contract or trade for Dunn and that would be good. This move also opens the door for Colvin which woukld be nice.

LOL, only way Dunn plays for the Cubs is if:

1. Washington is stupid: They have a WC to play for.
2. Cubs trade DLee AND Washington is stupid: Opens a spot at 1B for Lee
3. Colvin is involved in getting Dunn to Chicago: Cubs aren't giving TC away.

Not happening...

Kosuke could be traded to NYY or WAS for prospects, though. I'd like that move.