Official Notre Dame Football Thread

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
As the 2011 College Football season comes closer, thought I'd make a thread for fellow Notre Dame and college football fans to discuss the Irish this fall.

Coach Brian Kelly enters his second season at the helm in South Bend looking to build on a successful 2010 campaign in which he led the Fighting Irish to an 8-5 record, beating arch-rival USC for the first time since 2001 and demolishing Miami(FL) in the Sun Bowl.

2011 Schedule

-September 3, 2011 3:30 PM vs. South Florida Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN NBC

-September 10, 2011 8:00 PM at Michigan Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI (Rivalry) ESPN

-September 17, 2011 3:30 PM vs. Michigan State Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN (Megaphone Trophy) NBC

-September 24, 2011 TBA at Pittsburgh Heinz Field • Pittsburgh, PA ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

-October 1, 2011 7:00 PM at Purdue Ross–Ade Stadium • West Lafayette, IN (Shillelagh Trophy) ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

-October 8, 2011 3:30 PM vs. Air Force Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN NBC

-October 22, 2011 7:30 PM vs. USC Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN (Jeweled Shillelagh) NBC

-October 29, 2011 3:30 PM vs. Navy Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN NBC

-November 5, 2011 TBA at Wake Forest BB&T Field • Winston-Salem, NC

-November 12, 2011 7:30 PM vs. Maryland FedExField • Landover, MD NBC

-November 19, 2011 4:00 PM vs. Boston College Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN (Holy War) NBC

-November 26, 2011 8:00 PM at Stanford Stanford Stadium • Stanford, CA (Legends Trophy)

Key Players:

Dayne Crist

106373771_crop_340x234.jpg

Tommy Rees

tommy-rees2.jpg

Michael Floyd

michael-floyd-2010-ncaa-football-notre-dame-0ossNO.jpg

Manti Te'O

chi_u_teo1_sw_400.jpg

Gary Gray

gary-gray-5th_crop_340x234.jpg

Zeke Motta

733289.jpg

Notre Dame looks to restore the echoes and the return to national prominence in 2011. Go Irish!

Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish.png

notre-dame-irish-gold-helmet.jpg

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this year will be a good year. I think they should be able to do very well. MSU and Michigan could be close, but with how ND's defense stepped up last year I think they will shut down Denard.

Biggest game is the last game, but who knows how they will look without Harbaugh.

I really hope they start doing well again, because the better they do the more money my season tickets are worth.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
As the 2011 College Football season comes closer, thought I'd make a thread for fellow Notre Dame and college football fans to discuss the Irish this fall.

Coach Brian Kelly enters his second season at the helm in South Bend looking to build on a successful 2010 campaign in which he led the Fighting Irish to an 8-5 record, beating arch-rival USC for the first time since 2001 and demolishing Miami(FL) in the Sun Bowl.

Actually since 2005. :smug:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barring injury I doubt Rees makes any starts this season.

And Harrison Smith>>>>Zeke Motta in terms of importance. I don't even think Motta will be starting. You're looking at Smith and Jamoris Slaughter starting at safety IMO.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rees has impressed the coaching staff in spring from what I hear, but I still think Crist should start. It's good to know that we have a competent back-up and options at safety with Motta, Slaughter, etc.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rees has impressed the coaching staff in spring from what I hear, but I still think Crist should start. It's good to know that we have a competent back-up and options at safety with Motta, Slaughter, etc.

I've said this on numerous other boards:

Rees has a very Matt Lovechio "One year wonder" feel to him. I don't see him having the same success this year if he starts.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am mostly just looking forward to Ireland next year. That's gonna be such a fun trip.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am mostly just looking forward to Ireland next year. That's gonna be such a fun trip.

How'd you get season tickets?
Alum? Current student? Family? Mob ties?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
My only connection with ND football is I met Brian Kelly at my high school, that was cool.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish we could get this season started already. It looks like it's going to be a great year.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My buddy keeps thinking this team is BCS bound. I don't see it, but it makes a lot of sense. It's a pretty easy schedule and honestly they should be favored in every game until Stanford.

I still think RB is an issue as is honestly QB (I just don't believe in Dayne. Too injury prone, too inconsistent at times).

I think the defense will be stout as hell though. Should be a very interesting year.

Tailgating is always better when you tailgate a winner.

I cannot wait for the USC game. Night game here is going to be amazing.

Last edited:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
My buddy keeps thinking this team is BCS bound. I don't see it, but it makes a lot of sense. It's a pretty easy schedule and honestly they should be favored in every game until Stanford.

I still think RB is an issue as is honestly QB (I just don't believe in Dayne. Too injury prone, too inconsistent at times).

I think the defense will be stout as hell though. Should be a very interesting year.

Tailgating is always better when you tailgate a winner.

I cannot wait for the USC game. Night game here is going to be amazing.

I'm anxious to see how they'll look in year two under Kelly. I've heard nothing but positives from spring camp and I'm as optimistic about Irish football with high hopes for this team. BCS or not, I don't see a reason why they can't win at least 10. Go Irish!

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go Irish!

Huge fan here, can't wait for the season to start, even if it has been an embarassing 10 years, haha :)

I might have to turn in my Irish fan-card, though, since I see that douche FirstTimer is a fan.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Less than a month until kick-off now!