Xbox 360 Gets New Processor

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Xbox 360 Gets New Processor - News - www.GameInformer.com

The Xbox 360 250GB slim models are getting a new processor that the company says will cut down on heat and manufacturing costs, among other benefits.

The System-on Chip (SoC) processor combines the GPU (graphics processor), CPU (main processor), memory, and I/O logic into a single chip.

Microsoft says the chip is five years in the making, and will cut down not only on the processors used and the manufacturing costs associated with this, but also the size of the motherboard, power supply, and offer better heat management. The company says that there will be no compatibility issues with older software.

No word as to when consumers can expect units with the SoC to hit shelves.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Well I have had an arcade version for 2.5 years now, and I have never had the rrod.

So basically, Im expecting rrod any day now and then I can get the new xbox!

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Well I have had an arcade version for 2.5 years now, and I have never had the rrod.

So basically, Im expecting rrod any day now and then I can get the new xbox!

Damn how could you stand the arcade for that long!?!

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
That's some really great news right there! My Elite has been running strong for about two years now since I got it repaired for the E74 error(sort of like the RROD). If it decides to take another shit, I will be buying the Slim with the new processor.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Damn how could you stand the arcade for that long!?!

well my friend gave me his old external hard drive, so I have had plenty of space...I also dont like to pay for something I dont need, so im riding my arcade as long as possible