Bulls land Mirotic and Butler

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I like how Butler didn't bite and jump on those head and pump fakes and just stayed big. That is gonna work with with LeBron and Wade.

sach1

Liked Posts:
^This. the thing i thought was he's not biting on those fakes. But he should watch his extended arm while guarding, players like KD loves to draw some fouls using that arm.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler is was a good pick by Thibs & the FO.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
^This. the thing i thought was he's not biting on those fakes. But he should watch his extended arm while guarding, players like KD loves to draw some fouls using that arm.

Technically speaking that shouldn't be a foul anyway since his arm is just straight up and the offensive player would clearly be initiating the contact, but we all know that guys like Wade, Lebron, Durant, etc will get the foul called on that.

Commodore K'nection

Liked Posts:
From watching that clip, now glad that we passed on Marshon. It would be nice to have another creator on offense, but not one who dominates the ball like that.

What we really need is a two-way player at 2-guard--a dead-eye shooter who plays lockdown defense. Sort of like a young Bruce Bowen. We are loaded with one-way players who can shoot but not defend (Kyle Korver) or vice-versa (Ronnie Brewer).

The one guy that I can think of who plays lockdown D but also hits open shots is Wesley Matthews (Portland). Matthews shoots 40% from three and averaged 16 pts a game last season.

If Jimmy Butler can develop into Wes Matthews, I think our offense will be fine. Derrick Rose runs the show in Chicago, there is no room for a ball hog like in that video clip. I understand now why GarPax passed on Brooks--no defense and most likely wouldn't settle for being a role-playing spot-up shooter. Bottom line, Brooks was not a FIT for us.

Last edited:

BogansDPOY

Liked Posts:
From watching that clip, now glad that we passed on Marshon. It would be nice to have another creator on offense, but not one who dominates the ball like that.

What we really need is a two-way player at 2-guard--a dead-eye shooter who plays lockdown defense. Sort of like a young Bruce Bowen. We are loaded with one-way players who can shoot but not defend (Kyle Korver) or vice-versa (Ronnie Brewer).

The one guy that I can think of who plays lockdown D but also hits open shots is Wesley Matthews (Portland). Matthews shoots 40% from three and averaged 16 pts a game last season.

If Jimmy Butler can develop into Wes Matthews, I think our offense will be fine. Derrick Rose runs the show in Chicago, there is no room for a ball hog like in that video clip. I understand now why GarPax passed on Brooks--no defense and most likely wouldn't settle for being a role-playing spot-up shooter. Bottom line, Brooks was not a FIT for us.

Matthews has always been solid to me, and I like his work ethic.

If he develops into a Matthews-type of player then great. Either way, I think he'll work his ass off to contribute to the team.

His jumper doesn't look broke either...I think he can add some range and consistency through his work ethic.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Keith Boogy Down Bogans, how are you doing big cat?

BogansDPOY

Liked Posts:
Keith Boogy Down Bogans, how are you doing big cat?

I'm good! Just waiting to see what happens with my player option. I can't wait to be re-signed and then relinquish my starting spot so I can just come off the bench and help out in practice and in the film room...especially to Jimmy B.

Oh yeah, follow me @KB6BenchMob

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Matthews has always been solid to me, and I like his work ethic.

If he develops into a Matthews-type of player then great. Either way, I think he'll work his ass off to contribute to the team.

His jumper doesn't look broke either...I think he can add some range and consistency through his work ethic.

Matthews has always struck me as a "how the heck did no one draft this guy?" kind of player. Idk how he played in college and whatnot, but seriously, the guy can play both ways adequately, hits the 3, can go for 30 if necessary, and probably provided the best replacement for Brandon Roy that Portland could've hoped for with that kind of money (though imo they overpaid a bit still). If Butler can turn into a Matthews type player, that's probably the steal of the first round (minus Mirotic :smug:)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, the people on this Bulls forum are being pissy about not taking Brooks. Sorry fellas but Brooks was not a "too good to pass up player. This kid has time to develop into a hell of a player and his contract wont be on the books until he is in a uniform. Plus they can use him as a possible trade piece for a bigger trade.

It should be clarified for history that this man was talking about Marshon Brooks at the time, not the Aaron Brooks we have now.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i was scared there would be a post in here of me whining for Marshon Brooks lol

whats the deal with the Nikola threads being bumped tho