DUKE Thread: ACC Championship (UVA)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is for everything Duke basketball and fans(Bobferg,X,Rush,Joe,etc.)...which means IGTs(me and x post whoring it up) will be on here...practices..news...other stuff..will be posted on here

super excited for the season...practices start today for the China/Dubai stuff in August

C-Miles
PF-Mason
SF-Dawkins
SG-Rivers
PG-Curry
I want to see that lineup and rotate thornton,cook,and gbinije in and kelly and hairston down low

here are some pics of today's practice
1st Practice of 2011-12 - Blue Planet | Duke Basketball Photos
DSC5618-S.jpg

i<3 austin's shoes

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got a feeling that Thornton will start at the 1. K likes having a real PG in the lineup.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I got a feeling that Thornton will start at the 1. K likes having a real PG in the lineup.

wouldnt be a bad idea...thornton is a great on the ball defender,and a natural leader

plus k loves him

although i think curry gives us a good defender(great at stealing)...good outside shooting...

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wouldnt be a bad idea...thornton is a great on the ball defender,and a natural leader

plus k loves him

although i think curry gives us a good defender(great at stealing)...good outside shooting...

I feel if Thronton was in the starting lineup then it would be over Dawk.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hmmm good point...dawkins still seems like a question mark...he's a little undersized and his 3 point shot is awesome..but he needs to work on his midrange game and handling

he needs to learn to be able to score more than just outside shots and fastbreak dunks

this is a big year...and its a good thing we're playing in china/dubai because that will give us a general idea of who's the leader..who should be starting and what not..we'll be prepared once the season starts

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And don't forget about the 3rd Plumlee.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Depth Chart...how I see it.

PG: Thornton, Curry, Cook
SG: Rivers, Dawkins, Mayer
SF: Hairston, Gnibije, Murphy
PF: Kelly, Mas Plumlee, Zafirovski
C: Mi Plumlee, Mar Plumlee,

That gives our starting line-up 2 shooters and a shitload of defense. I think with the 5 bigs tho, 4 of them will be interchangeable. And with Curry and Dawkins off the bench, we've got the bench scoring covered.

As is every year, depending on how the bigs do this year, we should be really, really good.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Depth Chart...how I see it.

PG: Thornton, Curry, Cook
SG: Rivers, Dawkins, Mayer
SF: Hairston, Gnibije, Murphy
PF: Kelly, Mas Plumlee, Zafirovski
C: Mi Plumlee, Mar Plumlee,

That gives our starting line-up 2 shooters and a shitload of defense. I think with the 5 bigs tho, 4 of them will be interchangeable. And with Curry and Dawkins off the bench, we've got the bench scoring covered.

As is every year, depending on how the bigs do this year, we should be really, really good.

Hairston starting?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
SeanMiller.jpg

derrick-williams-arizona-vs-duke-getty.jpg

:umad:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
hahaha knew that was comin. LMAO

Nolan-crying.jpg

^^^he mad tho

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
God damn....... that JWill and Duhon backcourt was so nasty.

Both of those teams were so nasty.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9_pPqWfI84]‪Duke vs. Maryland 2001 (Miracle Minute)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
:fap:

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hairston starting?

I think he's got a solid chance, but I don't think we'll have a set starting line-up. If the other team is small, I think we'll see Thornton, Rivers, Dawkins/Curry all starting....

I think if the other team has a big SF, we could see Kelly and both Masons starting...

But I think w/ Hairston's defense, he'll get his fair share of minutes too.

Of course, part of this could be me just not wanting to deplete the bench of offensive scoring. :shrug:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think he's got a solid chance, but I don't think we'll have a set starting line-up. If the other team is small, I think we'll see Thornton, Rivers, Dawkins/Curry all starting....

I think if the other team has a big SF, we could see Kelly and both Masons starting...

But I think w/ Hairston's defense, he'll get his fair share of minutes too.

Of course, part of this could be me just not wanting to deplete the bench of offensive scoring. :shrug:

i heard k and other's really like murphy..that he's alot like dunleavy...high IQ...versatile at 6'8...skinny and really got alot of hops

i dont want to see kelly at SF...he needs to be down in the post working his inside outside game..he's almost 7 feet tall lol..plus he's also good at swatting shots in the paint along with the plumlees

hairston's defense is good no doubt but idk if he is ready yet to start...but i think he'll get some minutes off the bench

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i heard k and other's really like murphy..that he's alot like dunleavy...high IQ...versatile at 6'8...skinny and really got alot of hops

i dont want to see kelly at SF...he needs to be down in the post working his inside outside game..he's almost 7 feet tall lol..plus he's also good at swatting shots in the paint along with the plumlees

hairston's defense is good no doubt but idk if he is ready yet to start...but i think he'll get some minutes off the bench

Murphy's a wildcart - I don't know hardly anything about him. I'd like to see someone else step up, tho. If it's him, awesome. If not, I think it'll be Hairston. I think Dawk is too small to play the 3. Hell, if him, Rivers and Curry are all out there, it'll look like 3 pgs -hahah