Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Parker said before college that he wasn't sure he wanted to be 1-and-done...and he said all season he wasn't sure. None of that is new -- several players do that and then declare.

From the business side, you're right...He's likely a top 2 pick...and his body is ready. But the advantage he would have coming in next season is he wouldn't play the 5 ever (Rivals #1 Jhalil Okafor is a Center) and his buddy Tyus Jones (Rivals #5, #1 rated PG) is also in the fold...he could have a much more successful season w/out all the load being on him. And he's right saying he's got room to grow, and he'll be more NBA-ready w/ another season (tho that's true w/ practically every freshman). He could potentially play the SF role all season (which he'd thrive in) and have another year in the same system to showcase his all-around talent and compete for a championship. I know you know all this, though...more of expanding on your point than debating it.

Agree on the first part.

The way K used him last season baffled me at times. He's def a Top 2 pick this year..no doubt. If he comes back and K uses him like that again, it would be a shame. Way too much talent to be mis-used. The only thing it benefits is K, Duke and his possibility of winning a championship.

Everyone always says "What if he gets hurt...blah blah blah" Don't like using that and don't think it will happen.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Parker comes back then Myles Turner to Kansas or Texas?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agree on the first part.

The way K used him last season baffled me at times. He's def a Top 2 pick this year..no doubt. If he comes back and K uses him like that again, it would be a shame. Way too much talent to be mis-used. The only thing it benefits is K, Duke and his possibility of winning a championship.

Everyone always says "What if he gets hurt...blah blah blah" Don't like using that and don't think it will happen.

His body is so NBA-ready, that the fear of a career-derailing injury is significantly reduced, imo...

And yeah, I didn't always like the way K used him last season, either...but when your starting C is Amile Jefferson...someone w/ some muscle has to play against the other team's big uglies. K was in a rough spot...he could either let him run around screens on the other team's SF all night, or risk getting him in foul trouble by playing the other team's bigs...

One thing I do wish, especially after watching how UK played in the tourney, is that Parker would bring the ball up more often and dare players to get in his way.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His body is so NBA-ready, that the fear of a career-derailing injury is significantly reduced, imo...

And yeah, I didn't always like the way K used him last season, either...but when your starting C is Amile Jefferson...someone w/ some muscle has to play against the other team's big uglies. K was in a rough spot...he could either let him run around screens on the other team's SF all night, or risk getting him in foul trouble by playing the other team's bigs...

One thing I do wish, especially after watching how UK played in the tourney, is that Parker would bring the ball up more often and dare players to get in his way.

Agreed. Watched a few Duke games last season and hardly saw him do that. Of course he does it in the season finale vs. UNC though lol

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Watched a few Duke games last season and hardly saw him do that. Of course he does it in the season finale vs. UNC though lol

Yeah, it hurt his game, being the strongest player on the team.

Sent from my phone...in my pocket...with my mind.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welp. No Jabari announcement today.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hood is gone, and Goodman tweeted that Jabari will announce his return to Duke tomorrow. Not sure how credible that is though.