Mike Sims-Walker: Bears would be 'ideal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
I like sims-walker, he was hot a couple seasons back and then last year fell off, maybe a dose of a real QB and Martz is exactly what he needs and craves from the read of it lol.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No to go off topic, but what is up with all of these dudes popping up with hyphenated last names all of a sudden?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No to go off topic, but what is up with all of these dudes popping up with hyphenated last names all of a sudden?

not knowin' daddy.

and...I'll take him and S. Moss..then focus on the OL and secondary.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
People forget that there are only 4 DTs on the current roster

Paea
Toeaina
Wooton
Harrison

Adams will likely be re-signed, but I think the Bears need at least 6 on the roster.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's double up on the hyphenated names. Lol BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just go get Jenkins then. fine.

(i hope i hope i hope.)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He's not a #1 WR.... I wouldn't mind him, but I'd prefer a #1 guy.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
People forget that there are only 4 DTs on the current roster

Paea
Toeaina
Wooton
Harrison

Adams will likely be re-signed, but I think the Bears need at least 6 on the roster.

you got Wootton and Melton mixed up, and why do we need 6? Adams, Paea, Toeaina are all starting caliber, and Melton is close. But what does that have to do with Mike Sims-Walker. If we can get him reasonably cheap i would be elated.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely don't need 6 DT's since a few guys able to play multiple positions on the line like Melton and Idonije. I'm sure Wootton could play DT as well. Get Adams re-signed and I'm happy with the D-Line.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People have their wish lists of signing Ronnie Brown and Willis McGahee when backup RB is solidified.

And that there are bigger needs like DT that need to be filled and rounded out.
Like DT where only 4 players are currently on the roster.

The Bears have Knox, Hester, Bennett, Davis, Fanautz and Olsen to catch passes. I'd be content with that group if the Bears don't sign anyone else to play WR. I think the Bears will, but if they spend like the Redskins to just spend, it'll end up terrible and fans will complain even more.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's not a #1 WR.... I wouldn't mind him, but I'd prefer a #1 guy.

arent many of those available..and the ones that are dont come cheap

get another solid receiver that gives cutler another option that isnt too pricy..

but santana moss is the best out there that the bears could get for a #1 spot ...not really a deep threat but a very very reliable and consistent option(93 catches last year)

the OL needs some attention though not just in the draft, but they need to pull in another servicable guy to ensure cutler has atleast adequate protection this year(which is more than can be said about last year) thus cutler has more time in the pocket which benefits the receivers,passing game,and overall offense(hopefully more opportunities in the pocket doesnt correlate to 20+ ints:smug2:)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm convinced Cutler is going to make 2-4 bad throws a game, and I hope the defense doesn't catch them. I want him to be protected by a great OL, but the fact that some people think that Cutler is going to get rid of his bad decision making with a better OL are delusional.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm convinced Cutler is going to make 2-4 bad throws a game, and I hope the defense doesn't catch them. I want him to be protected by a great OL, but the fact that some people think that Cutler is going to get rid of his bad decision making with a better OL are delusional.

i hope you're not pointing at me with this comment because i never said that..

yes cutler will have some bad throws every game he has a tendency to turn the ball over(much like brees and eli manning and some others)

but more opportunities as well as more time in the pocket for cutler will ultimately benefit the receivers because he will make more passes and better passes with less pressure coming from the defense

can the O line stop interceptions from happening? Not necessarily..cutler just turns the ball over at a high rate, he's always been like that..but he's also a guy who can get you 25+TDs and over 4,000 yards....not saying that an improved O line itself will fix everything and cutler will be a top 10 or top 5 QB this season(obviously the receiving core needs to step up,improve,or get a #1 receiver or another reliable middle of the road receiver) but it will certainly help cutler a bit

not to mention, an improved O line will help the running game as well

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i hope you're not pointing at me with this comment because i never said that..

yes cutler will have some bad throws every game he has a tendency to turn the ball over(much like brees and eli manning and some others)

but more opportunities as well as more time in the pocket for cutler will ultimately benefit the receivers because he will make more passes and better passes with less pressure coming from the defense

can the O line stop interceptions from happening? Not necessarily..cutler just turns the ball over at a high rate, he's always been like that..but he's also a guy who can get you 25+TDs and over 4,000 yards....not saying that an improved O line itself will fix everything and cutler will be a top 10 or top 5 QB this season(obviously the receiving core needs to step up,improve,or get a #1 receiver or another reliable middle of the road receiver) but it will certainly help cutler a bit

not to mention, an improved O line will help the running game as well
Nope just a statement because some Bears fans like to :fap: to Cutler at all costs.

I agree with everything you wrote, and you expanded on my points. Rep added.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nope just a statement because some Bears fans like to :fap: to Cutler at all costs.

I agree with everything you wrote, and you expanded on my points. Rep added.

in all honesty,cutler was pretty average last year

(partly due to receiving core and O line and other factors but still relatively average imo..and when i mean average i mean in the middle regarding starting QBs in the league)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People have their wish lists of signing Ronnie Brown and Willis McGahee when backup RB is solidified.

And that there are bigger needs like DT that need to be filled and rounded out.
Like DT where only 4 players are currently on the roster.

The Bears have Knox, Hester, Bennett, Davis, Fanautz and Olsen to catch passes. I'd be content with that group if the Bears don't sign anyone else to play WR. I think the Bears will, but if they spend like the Redskins to just spend, it'll end up terrible and fans will complain even more.

Once again, we don't need 6 DT's lol.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once again, we don't need 6 DT's lol.

Do you really want Marcus Harrison active on game days lol. I'll go as far to say he'll be cut before the regular season starts. So that makes 3 DTs right now. Assuming they re-sign Adams, that's 4, but they still need another 1 for the 53 man roster, and 1 for the practice squad.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you really want Marcus Harrison active on game days lol.

So you think DT's are a bigger need than a WR right now?

Honestly, who do you trust as our go to WR right now? Because I don't really trust any of them to be honest.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
in all honesty,cutler was pretty average last year

(partly due to receiving core and O line and other factors but still relatively average imo..and when i mean average i mean in the middle regarding starting QBs in the league)
Not going to disagree with you on Cutler. I <3 Cutler, and he's the best QB the Bears had in 20 years, but that's not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.