Time For "The Great" Kenny Williams To Go?

Is It Time For Kenny Williams To Go?

• Fuck Yeah!!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
jesus...again with the ejax stuff

he was supposed to be flipped for dunn

Given Dunn's performance this year I am not certain that getting "stuck" with Edwin Jackson wasn't a better outcome...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thanks the thread creator or agrees with his 1 sided statement does not follow baseball. Wow! what a joke of a thread.

brandon mccarthy for jon danks=W
Rowand for Thome=W
Joe Borchard for Matt Thornton=W
Loiza for Contreras=W
Signing El duque=W
Signing Carl Everett for insurance on Frank=W
Signing Tadihito Iguchi=W
Trading Carlos Lee for Luis Vizcaino and Scott Podsednik=W
Signing Our Aram=W

All GMs make mistakes.
this just off the top off my head.

And joe, Dan Hudson is nothing special. and again that was a deal to get Adam Dunn. but keep bringing up that one deal joe after you have been told a million times on why.

Oh and to mention adam dunn, I bet you haters were the same morons that were creaming in their pants when they got him and stroking KWs nuts. Fucking hypocrits

Before this year:
.250 BA .381 OBP .902 OPS with 354 HRs
No one said anything bad when we signed him, and looking at those numbers, I would do it again and again and again.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmm, I'd take Hudson over Floyd & Peavy.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Kenny has had his fair share of solid trades.

But, name me one that he has won lately? NONE.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what hurts Kenny is he isn't afraid to bring in a veteran past their prime. I like Kenny, think he does a great job, but we definitely need to get younger, and not take gamble's on guys nobody wants anymore.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I know E-Jax might've been flipped for Dunn.

I can read you know. :slap:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what hurts Kenny is he isn't afraid to bring in a veteran past their prime. I like Kenny, think he does a great job, but we definitely need to get younger, and not take gamble's on guys nobody wants anymore.

ok, like who? Besides Junior and Manny who else has he obtained that no one wants that is passed their prime, I mean andruw Jones was here last year at the league minimum so I am not getting your point.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok, like who? Besides Junior and Manny who else has he obtained that no one wants that is passed their prime, I mean andruw Jones was here last year at the league minimum so I am not getting your point.

Pierre, Carl Everett, Alex Cintron, Linebrink.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll leave everett off of that list. He came in for the injured Thomas

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pierre, Carl Everett, Alex Cintron, Linebrink.

:rolleyes:

What?

Pierre has been serviceable

Everett was Frank Thomas' Insurance policy when Frank got hurt in 2005 ( were you to young to remember )

Alex Cintron was a utility player

Linebrink? Really?

Try again.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes:

What?

Pierre has been serviceable

Everett was Frank Thomas' Insurance policy when Frank got hurt in 2005 ( were you to young to remember )

Alex Cintron was a utility player

Linebrink? Really?

Try again.

Pierre sucks, and has sucks every since he went to the cubs. Cintron sucked and got playing time. Linebrink was ok here but to inconsistent for me

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
For those keeping score of KW's biggest blunders:

2) Traded Aaron Rowand to the Phillies and allowed Brian Anderson.....yes Brian FUCKING Anderson to play CF.

Traded Aaron Rowand, a mediocre player, for Jim Thome a future HOF'er, how is that a "Blunder". Brian Anderson was a #1 pick and batted .298 and .294 in AAA and AA in the 2 previous seasons.

3) Billy Koch trade.

Billy Koch, prior to coming to Chicago saved 31, 33, 36 and 44 games and had a 100+ MPH fastball, came to Chicago and began throwing 93. Not Kenny Williams fault

4) Traded some of our best prospects for Nick fucking Swisher and then traded him to the Yankees the following offseason for a bunch of hot garbage. (the trades to acquire him and then trade him to the Yanks were BOTH HORRIBLE.)

Swisher was hot garbage for the Sox and the fact that he got anything for him was miraculous

5) Trade and extension for Teahen

Agreed, Kenny jumped the gun on this deal

6) Traded for Peavy

Peavy was a former Cy Young award winner and Pitching triple crown winner who has battled injuries since coming here, has the Peavy ordeal been annoying, yes but Kenny Williams fault, no

7) Let the Blue Jays dump Rios on us on waivers

it is a regular baseball practice to claim players so rivals dont get them 99/100 times the offering team takes the player off waivers, this time was that 1/100 and KW got caugh with his pants down.

8) Dunn....Lowest batting average for a qualifying player IN HISTORY.....enough said.

This is just plain wrong, if Dunn rebounds in the final 3 years of his deal this is considered a failed deal, I dont think so. no hitter has been more consistant than Dunn over the last 6 years, give it some time ... enough said

9) Traded our best pitching prospect Daniel Hudson for EJAX and then traded him to the Jays the following season in a straight salary dump.

Hudson has excelled in a lesser league no way KW could have foreseen that.

In closing, ever GM has made mistakes, KW isnt afraid to take a risk so he might make a few more than others or more high profile mistakes. Unless you plan on hiring a seer for a GM expect mistakes. KW did his homework on most of these deal but if the players dont perform how is that his mistake?

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you said last year, what about this year? point is these guys Kenny bring in can't win. If this division doesn't suck so bad were not even in a division title discussion. It's not just Kenny either, it's the entire coaching staff as well.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you said last year, what about this year? point is these guys Kenny bring in can't win. If this division doesn't suck so bad were not even in a division title discussion. It's not just Kenny either, it's the entire coaching staff as well.

:rolleyes: What?

Stick with hockey.