Time For "The Great" Kenny Williams To Go?

Is It Time For Kenny Williams To Go?

• Fuck Yeah!!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thanks the thread creator or agrees with his 1 sided statement does not follow baseball. Wow! what a joke of a thread.

brandon mccarthy for jon danks=W
Rowand for Thome=W
Joe Borchard for Matt Thornton=W
Loiza for Contreras=W
Signing El duque=W
Signing Carl Everett for insurance on Frank=W
Signing Tadihito Iguchi=W
Trading Carlos Lee for Luis Vizcaino and Scott Podsednik=W
Signing Our Aram=W

All GMs make mistakes.
this just off the top off my head.

And joe, Dan Hudson is nothing special. and again that was a deal to get Adam Dunn. but keep bringing up that one deal joe after you have been told a million times on why.

Oh and to mention adam dunn, I bet you haters were the same morons that were creaming in their pants when they got him and stroking KWs nuts. Fucking hypocrits

Before this year:
.250 BA .381 OBP .902 OPS with 354 HRs
No one said anything bad when we signed him, and looking at those numbers, I would do it again and again and again.

Exactly. Don't just bitch about KW when a move doesn't work out. He brings hitters to the team and Greg Walker screws them up. But that's another debate.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peavy was a former Cy Young award winner and Pitching triple crown winner who has battled injuries since coming here, has the Peavy ordeal been annoying, yes but Kenny Williams fault, no

Most of this list is pretty solid, but this one point really stuck out to me. Yes Peavy had been an elite pitcher for many years, but when Kenny Williams traded for him he was hurt. You can't really claim that there was no way to predict that Peavy wouldn't be the guy that he once was when Kenny Williams dealt for him while he was hurt.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are missing the actual point here. KW shouldnt be blamed for a few bad moves, (like all GMs do) He should be blamed for keeping this coaching staff and not firing ozzie. Than again it could be the loyalty that JR has so he might not be in control of that.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are missing the actual point here. KW shouldnt be blamed for a few bad moves, (like all GMs do) He should be blamed for keeping this coaching staff and not firing ozzie. Than again it could be the loyalty that JR has so he might not be in control of that.

Exactly. I think Ozzie and Walker both need to be gone. That is the only thing I hate about him. Sure, he has made some bad moves like Hudson for EJax, but he is a good GM in general who always tries to make a big move to help the team.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
quite a few of those moves turned out to be bad because of circumstances(like dunn's K woes and Peavy with his nagging injuries)..not to say that KW hasnt made some questionable moves(Rios is definitely up there...he is pitiful)

but of course the glaring thing is not getting rid of ozzie..and its not like ozzie is putting a gun to his head telling him that he cant be fired....

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
quite a few of those moves turned out to be bad due because of circumstances(like dunn's K woes and Peavy with his nagging injuries)..not to say that KW hasnt made some questionable moves(Rios is definitely up there...he is pitiful)

but of course the glaring thing is not getting rid of ozzie..and its not like ozzie is putting a gun to his head telling him that he cant be fired....

:clap:

well said.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
you said last year, what about this year? point is these guys Kenny bring in can't win. If this division doesn't suck so bad were not even in a division title discussion. It's not just Kenny either, it's the entire coaching staff as well.

I was responding to:
Pierre sucks, and has sucks every since he went to the cubs.

But this year he has been bad either, he still leads the team in hits, 2nd in runs and his average and OBP have been getting better. He had a few bad outfield plays early in the year and has been heating up with the bat.

Exactly. Don't just bitch about KW when a move doesn't work out. He brings hitters to the team and Greg Walker screws them up. But that's another debate.

This is what happens when you listen to Pale and Hosed you become a smart fan

Most of this list is pretty solid, but this one point really stuck out to me. Yes Peavy had been an elite pitcher for many years, but when Kenny Williams traded for him he was hurt. You can't really claim that there was no way to predict that Peavy wouldn't be the guy that he once was when Kenny Williams dealt for him while he was hurt.

When Peavy was traded he had an ankle injury from running the bases. Your point would be valid if it was a situation like Wade Davis and was signed while still recovering from Tommy John.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Kenny alot. Just don't agree with some of his deals/trades lately.

Greg Walker is my #1 hate of this organization.

I've wanted this clown gone for awhile..

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
quite a few of those moves turned out to be bad due because of circumstances(like dunn's K woes and Peavy with his nagging injuries)..not to say that KW hasnt made some questionable moves(Rios is definitely up there...he is pitiful)

Exactly. You can't blame Kenny for the bad things that happen during the season. Peavy and Dunn are good pickups by him, but they have underperformed. The GM has nothing to do with that.

The Rios thing is always talked about, but he was having one of his better years and Kenny didn't want a team like the Twins to get him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Peavy was traded he had an ankle injury from running the bases. Your point would be valid if it was a situation like Wade Davis and was signed while still recovering from Tommy John.

My point isn't valid? Come on man you are better than glossing over the fact that he threw 3 starts (14.1 IP) after suffering the ankle injury. You never know what kind of damage can be done when a guy even slightly alters his mechanics. And lets not forget that he had to go on the DL in 2008 for a sore elbow. To pretend like it was not foreseeable that this was the Jake Peavy you might get is ignoring some pretty big red flags at the time.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
My point isn't valid? Come on man you are better than glossing over the fact that he threw 3 starts (14.1 IP) after suffering the ankle injury. You never know what kind of damage can be done when a guy even slightly alters his mechanics. And lets not forget that he had to go on the DL in 2008 for a sore elbow. To pretend like it was not foreseeable that this was the Jake Peavy you might get is ignoring some pretty big red flags at the time.

Not that your whole point was invalid.

I'm not denying that Peavy was mismanaged after coming here, he never should have made any starts, but the Sox gave up a little and got a lot, at that time but, it ended up being a bust.

To bring up the fact that Peavy was on the DL at the time of the trade is a invalid point in this context because it was for a non pitching related injury, which was then made to be pitching related after his mishandling by the Sox training staff.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not that your whole point was invalid.

I'm not denying that Peavy was mismanaged after coming here, he never should have made any starts, but the Sox gave up a little and got a lot, at that time but, it ended up being a bust.

To bring up the fact that Peavy was on the DL at the time of the trade is a invalid point in this context because it was for a non pitching related injury, which was then made to be pitching related after his mishandling by the Sox training staff.

I would say that the Padres deserve a little bit of the blame for not realizing the severity of the injury and letting him pitch 14.1 innings after suffering a major injury.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Viciedo does finally come up, I don't want Greg Walker anywhere near him.

Kenny can stay. Just hope he makes smarter deals from now on.

I agree. Walker has already ruined Beckham to an extent and might ruin Morel. I don't want Viciedo to be ruined too.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
still waiting for kenny to fire ozzie tho

maybe he's just waiting until after the season?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
still waiting for kenny to fire ozzie tho

maybe he's just waiting until after the season?

He probably is waiting until the end of the season and probably the same with Walker because he probably has nobody that he thinks is ready to take either role in the middle of the year.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
To me KW has ruined the WS pipeline into an array of "Who the hell are these guys" and it will take at least 10-15yrs to make it respectable again. We have nothing to replenish this team with that now that it begins to look old. I like Viceido and Escobar but they're not even in the top 50 of prospects. Ozzie has done nothing with what he has been given especially with what was considered the top pitching staff in the pre-season. Othe than the pitching what he has been given isn't all that to write mama about. In the beginning I was fooled into thinking Dunn, Rios & Pierre would be huge and we would run away and hide damn was I stupid or what? I was a big supporter of these 2 guys and now I just believe this team needs to go in a different direction. Of this entire coaching staff the only "1" I want brought back is Cooper! Walker should have been gone 4yrs ago! I thought we should have kept Jackson as I thought he was finally coming into his own this year. Thornton sucked in the closer role out of the gate this year which was IMO another Ozzie blunder. Hitting Dun in the #3 hole all season long has been very costly. Man I could go on and on about Ozzie and Harriet here...they need to go!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me KW has ruined the WS pipeline into an array of "Who the hell are these guys" and it will take at least 10-15yrs to make it respectable again. We have nothing to replenish this team with that now that it begins to look old. I like Viceido and Escobar but they're not even in the top 50 of prospects. Ozzie has done nothing with what he has been given especially with what was considered the top pitching staff in the pre-season. Othe than the pitching what he has been given isn't all that to write mama about. In the beginning I was fooled into thinking Dunn, Rios & Pierre would be huge and we would run away and hide damn was I stupid or what? I was a big supporter of these 2 guys and now I just believe this team needs to go in a different direction. Of this entire coaching staff the only "1" I want brought back is Cooper! Walker should have been gone 4yrs ago! I thought we should have kept Jackson as I thought he was finally coming into his own this year. Thornton sucked in the closer role out of the gate this year which was IMO another Ozzie blunder. Hitting Dun in the #3 hole all season long has been very costly. Man I could go on and on about Ozzie and Harriet here...they need to go!

:clap:

Well said. The only thing that I don't agree with is keeping Jackson. I never really liked him. Duncan in St. Louis is a pretty good pitching coach, though and could make him into a great pitcher. If that happens, I give people permission to yell at me for being an idiot and saying I'm glad he's gone.