Official Disc Golf Thread

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went to Cedar Hill Park DGC in Nashville, TN first- Cedar Hill Park DGC- DGCourseReview

It was fantastic. Every hole had 4 different rotating basket locations. Don't know how often they change the locations, but thought that was pretty cool. Don't remember a hole shorter than 350 feet. Most holes were around 500 and 600 feet. Lots of tunnel shots through trees, only 2 out of 18 holes I think were wide open. Very well kept by the park maintenance crew and the local pros. Stopped by the local disc store and it wasn't open for some reason. Signs said "We're open" and the hours said they opened at 10 (showed up at 11) but the door was locked.

Second course was Earlewood Park in Columbia, SC- Earlewood Park- DGCourseReview

It was pretty good for a small park. 18 holes that were tightly packed. A lot of times you didn't know which way to tee off from. Had trouble even finding the first hole, but once we did it was smooth sailing. No hole was over 400, but there were a couple par 5's. Every single hole had some sort of elevation change. Trees everywhere too because it's in a park. Hole 16 I think had an outdoor performance stage (like the Hollywood Bowl) right in the middle of it, so you wouldn't be able to play if there was a concert or something going on.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Hilton Head, SC, but the course there is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays to the public. After Hilton Head I'll be in Atlanta, GA then on to Orlando then Tampa. Not sure if I'll be able to get to another course.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went to Cedar Hill Park DGC in Nashville, TN first- Cedar Hill Park DGC- DGCourseReview

It was fantastic. Every hole had 4 different rotating basket locations. Don't know how often they change the locations, but thought that was pretty cool. Don't remember a hole shorter than 350 feet. Most holes were around 500 and 600 feet. Lots of tunnel shots through trees, only 2 out of 18 holes I think were wide open. Very well kept by the park maintenance crew and the local pros. Stopped by the local disc store and it wasn't open for some reason. Signs said "We're open" and the hours said they opened at 10 (showed up at 11) but the door was locked.

Second course was Earlewood Park in Columbia, SC- Earlewood Park- DGCourseReview

It was pretty good for a small park. 18 holes that were tightly packed. A lot of times you didn't know which way to tee off from. Had trouble even finding the first hole, but once we did it was smooth sailing. No hole was over 400, but there were a couple par 5's. Every single hole had some sort of elevation change. Trees everywhere too because it's in a park. Hole 16 I think had an outdoor performance stage (like the Hollywood Bowl) right in the middle of it, so you wouldn't be able to play if there was a concert or something going on.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Hilton Head, SC, but the course there is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays to the public. After Hilton Head I'll be in Atlanta, GA then on to Orlando then Tampa. Not sure if I'll be able to get to another course.

It was their one hour smoke break. They were in the back smokin reefer.... thats what i would do if i worked at a disc store.

Hawkeye14

Liked Posts:
I've never heard it called "Discin' ". That's a new one to me. I haven't been in a few years. Used to go everyday for a couple of summers.

Any Southsiders here got a favorite course? Mine was always Channahon.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Fathom this an Iowan from Des Moines the argueable Disc Golf capitol of the World starting a thread on Disc Golf.

Played off and on competitively for over 7 years.

And to the person saying it's not a work out, play Waterworks in KC or a few of the mountain courses in CO and get back to me.

Buzz is a great disc and if you've got any arm at all if you haven't checked it out yet better get yourself a NUKE!

Happy discin guys.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Fathom this an Iowan from Des Moines the argueable Disc Golf capitol of the World starting a thread on Disc Golf.

Played off and on competitively for over 7 years.

And to the person saying it's not a work out, play Waterworks in KC or a few of the mountain courses in CO and get back to me.

Buzz is a great disc and if you've got any arm at all if you haven't checked it out yet better get yourself a NUKE!

Happy discin guys.

Freaking loved this course. Deff one of the better ones I have ever played. So have you played in Des Moines? If so what is your favorite course here?

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Freaking loved this course. Deff one of the better ones I have ever played. So have you played in Des Moines? If so what is your favorite course here?

Never have made it to Des Moines. :( Heard great things about your amazing number of courses and how well they're kept. Mainly have only played around Nebraska, Kansas and KC Metro area for tourneys. Played a few times in Colorado though. If you haven't ever done it at least try playing at over 8500ft. elevation once. The effect it has on the disc flight is weird yet amazing at the same time. Your least stable disc in Iowa becomes Very stable at higher elevations.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Took this the other night

3J6pM.jpg

46FEVER

Liked Posts:

3J6pM.jpg
Every year on Halloween there is a night glo tournament in Omaha. Booze is everywhere, if that's what your into. I've always had other priorities, mainly taking the kids out for the night. But one of these years.......

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:

3J6pM.jpg

How did u the whole disc shot in one picture? That is pretty sweet.

Or is it even a disc? How did you do it is all I wanna know? That is trippy man.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a long exposure shot with camera. Long exposures keep the lens open and captures all light movement until the lens is closed.

We taped three LED lights to the bottom of my Z Flick and when you throw it, the camera captures only the light.

I'm in my pre throw stance, and happened to have the green light on the disc pointing at the camera, which is why you see a green flash in my hand. Then when I threw it the camera picked up the flight of each LED light on the disc and that's it.

There were a couple other shots of me missing the basket and the disc flying away or the LED lights falling off the disc and going their own way.

The LED lights were the ones you can wear on your finger. Bought those from Wal-Mart for $1 per pack.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost time...

First day I see where it's about 60 degrees and sunny and preferably no wind, I'm gonna be out there throwing.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost time...

First day I see where it's about 60 degrees and sunny and preferably no wind, I'm gonna be out there throwing.

I am soooooo ready to get back onto the course. Here in DM we have been teased. Every snow we get will be melted within 2 weeks of falling so you have to wait another week or two for the ground to solidify. Everytime I think I am almost about to go we get another snow storm. I hope within ten days I will be able to get out there and huck. Still have my card so I will be buying a disc and getting one free.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im just going to assume everyone in this thread smokes weed. that is all.