Official Disc Golf Thread

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only better part about golf is the driving a golf cart. I played real golf for 12 years weekly every spring and summer. I can crush the ball off the tee and chip like it aint no thing, after throwing a disc for the 3rd time, getting it to hook right to left (no ez feat) and watching it land 300 feet away I was hooked for life.

Ill still go regular golfing occasionally but the fact that it costs money to play on a course vs no fee at a disc golf course. Its an easy decision for me. Give it a chance dude!

I like regular golf a lot too but i also think disc is better. Cheap, easy to go play dont have to set up tee times.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Due to the heat wave and friends being busy I just went frolfing for the first time in like a month. It was worth the wait, my buddy got his first ever Ace on the courses shortest hole.

8 holes later, we have a 220 foot blind downhill throw with a big tree to the right, I tomahawked the shit out of it and drilled them chains! 5 career ace, puts me in the lead of all my friends.

Seriously, that Ace gave me a HUGE rush, like better then bad sex rush lol

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Due to the heat wave and friends being busy I just went frolfing for the first time in like a month. It was worth the wait, my buddy got his first ever Ace on the courses shortest hole.

8 holes later, we have a 220 foot blind downhill throw with a big tree to the right, I tomahawked the shit out of it and drilled them chains! 5 career ace, puts me in the lead of all my friends.

Seriously, that Ace gave me a HUGE rush, like better then bad sex rush lol

Tomahawk Ace! Nice dude... aces make you feel invincible for a while i love that feeling, makes you want to play more and more.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
I played in the middle of a thunderstorm today...holy crap was it epic! Played badly, but slammed a 6 pack of beer during the the round and just walked threw a disc around while mother nature decided it was time to storm.

Shot a -2 at the course actually, which shocked the hell outta me since i shoot that when the weather is bad usually.

I highly suggest this while its storming outside, plastic disc is way safer the golf club in this situation.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont get why people hate it so much, its cheap, fun, nice workout, and good time killer. I have friends who rag on it but its because they are not good at it. It takes time to get it down but once you get going its a blast.

I love frolfing but please, don't call it a nice workout because it is one of the laziest sports of all time :)

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
I love frolfing but please, don't call it a nice workout because it is one of the laziest sports of all time :)

Well, walking anywhere from 36-72 holes a day when I play. Up hills, down hills, and what not. Not saying it a super active sport but you are sore the next day if you actually play hard.

If I play for 4 hours, walking around, chucking a disc as far as I can it definitely can put a toll on the body.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, walking anywhere from 36-72 holes a day when I play. Up hills, down hills, and what not. Not saying it a super active sport but you are sore the next day if you actually play hard.

If I play for 4 hours, walking around, chucking a disc as far as I can it definitely can put a toll on the body.

Fair enough, fair enough.

I guess I don't take it seriously enough.. I've never frolfed sober, always high as hell, so getting in 18 is a task in itself. Good for you for being so dedicated :)

If I was going to play 36, I'd rather golf.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Fair enough, fair enough.

I guess I don't take it seriously enough.. I've never frolfed sober, always high as hell, so getting in 18 is a task in itself. Good for you for being so dedicated :)

If I was going to play 36, I'd rather golf.

Dude, im drunk and high while playing this game...which is why I love it so much!

I can drink my own beer and not get charged what a golf course wants per beer and I can sneak a J or my hitter box along and nobody is the wiser.

If I couldn't be super fucked up I'd go back to real golf LOL

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, im drunk and high while playing this game...which is why I love it so much!

I can drink my own beer and not get charged what a golf course wants per beer and I can sneak a J or my hitter box along and nobody is the wiser.

If I couldn't be super fucked up I'd go back to real golf LOL

Oh, I feel you there :)

But you can easily put a 12 pack in your golf bag and smoke hitters on the golf course. It is just as easy :)

The only downfall for golf is the price to play, otherwise beer and weed should = free as long as you play it cool!

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Oh, I feel you there :)

But you can easily put a 12 pack in your golf bag and smoke hitters on the golf course. It is just as easy :)

The only downfall for golf is the price to play, otherwise beer and weed should = free as long as you play it cool!

LOL, i remember me and a buddy were golfing at a real nice place, we were smoking on a cart path in the woods and right after I took a puff the cart girl came by and I had to hold in the hit while she asked if we wanted drinks and my buddy said no.

I coughed my ass off when we started moving again.

(sorry to get slightly off topic, i have been drinking)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmErNJdRgEM&feature=related]‪Family Guy: Its A Great Way To Stay In Shape‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Went and played 74 holes this weekend, did ok prolly in total shot 7 or so over for the weekend not bad but i wanna get to the point where i shoot 7 or so under. I was trying to new courses too. But im gonna play tonight on my reg course and see if I can get back under.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hooked. Been using my buddies discs, but I'm going to go buy my own soon. Love it.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Put a Basket in my backyard. I live on the top of a hill and throwing down at the basket is a Blast! I love having it right there for anytime i want. I also went out this past week and on one whole i threw the disc farther then i have ever, overthrew the hole landed by the road. While walking up to the hole some doucher jumped out of his car snagged my disc and took off. Bullshit way to lose a disc and if i ever see that maroon explorer with Got Beer? bumper sticker im gonna curbstomp that fool. And if ya see it run it off the road and ill buy ya a beer. Lol I FUCKING HATE LOSING DISCS.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just can not control my driver disc. I've been playing around with different grips and I almost have the right power grip. I've been using my mid range as my main disc and I can launch it and control it great, but it's getting pretty beat up.

I wish EIU's course had some hills. It's mostly flat.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I just can not control my driver disc. I've been playing around with different grips and I almost have the right power grip. I've been using my mid range as my main disc and I can launch it and control it great, but it's getting pretty beat up.

I wish EIU's course had some hills. It's mostly flat.

Disc Golf Course Review: View and review over 4100 Disc Golf Courses!
You gotta play other courses too. The Mix helps to perfect your skills. Gotta have a home course you know well, but i love mixing in a diff course at least once a week. The link i gave you will show you courses near by and how good/difficult they are. Check it out you may find a couple great courses you didnt know about.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
. While walking up to the hole some doucher jumped out of his car snagged my disc and took off. Bullshit way to lose a disc and if i ever see that maroon explorer with Got Beer? bumper sticker im gonna curbstomp that fool. And if ya see it run it off the road and ill buy ya a beer. Lol I FUCKING HATE LOSING DISCS.

If i'm the right distance away and see that shit im gonna chuck a disc at their car. I'll lose 1 and crack a window or cause a dent. Weird though, I almost always have a disc at the ready in cases were I throw my disc a little to close to the road.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
If i'm the right distance away and see that shit im gonna chuck a disc at their car. I'll lose 1 and crack a window or cause a dent. Weird though, I almost always have a disc at the ready in cases were I throw my disc a little to close to the road.

Good Idea i may have to take up this practice. :clap:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disc Golf Course Review: View and review over 4100 Disc Golf Courses!
You gotta play other courses too. The Mix helps to perfect your skills. Gotta have a home course you know well, but i love mixing in a diff course at least once a week. The link i gave you will show you courses near by and how good/difficult they are. Check it out you may find a couple great courses you didnt know about.

Thanks for the link. Apparently there's a course in my hometown...never knew it was there. I'll play it and a few other local courses when I go back home to visit.