Official Disc Golf Thread

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
disc_golf_image.jpg

This thread is a place to talk Discin. Favorite places to play, favorite disc you use, how well you played, anything that involves disc golf. I'm not sure how many of you guys actually play, but if you are thinking about starting up this is a place you can find out details on the great sport that is disc. Brag if you hit an ace, found a disc, bought a new disc. If you are looking for advice on buying another one this is the place.

Here in Des Moines we have about 20 or so courses in the area and suburbs. But my favorite one here is Grand View, its the best perfect mix of length and skill. Short shots to have a chance to ace, long ones that challenge your ability. Uphill on a few holes and down on a few too. If you are ever in the area and want to play try this course. Pros have played tournys there and love it.

My favorite disc i own is my Discraft Buzz Midrange. I for the most part am a Innova guy when it comes to my discs, but the buzz is awesome two of my three aces have been made with it. I dont know what it is about discraft midranges but they have that shit down. They cant make a putter or driver worth a fuck in my book but they kill it in the midrange game. I recommend if you are a discer to check one out.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
my under the leg throws are legendary

:shifty:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I play a couple times a month. I only use an Innova driver and I'm good enough to not embarrass myself. I'd play more often but all my friends hate it.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I play a couple times a month. I only use an Innova driver and I'm good enough to not embarrass myself. I'd play more often but all my friends hate it.

I dont get why people hate it so much, its cheap, fun, nice workout, and good time killer. I have friends who rag on it but its because they are not good at it. It takes time to get it down but once you get going its a blast.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be taking this up once I get all settled in at EIU. They have a nice course up there.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
we've got a local course and a cpl nice courses over near WKU...I've got a few discs, but haven't been Discin' in a while.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Been playing here for 4 years or so. Generally try and go out once a week during the 6 month span the game is actually playable in Wisconsin.

I have about 10 discs, carry 2 drivers, mid-range, and a putter with me when I play. Have 4 Hole-in-ones in my short career. 1 of the the aces was a completely blind basket, I ran up the hill and and yelled "NO" (cuz i didn't see it in the basket after I heard chains, Followed by a quick "YA" I lost the disc on the very next hole :(

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i play disc golf all the time..... on my ps move :troll:

but seriously i want to play it its really fun on the ps3

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Been playing here for 4 years or so. Generally try and go out once a week during the 6 month span the game is actually playable in Wisconsin.

I have about 10 discs, carry 2 drivers, mid-range, and a putter with me when I play. Have 4 Hole-in-ones in my short career. 1 of the the aces was a completely blind basket, I ran up the hill and and yelled "NO" (cuz i didn't see it in the basket after I heard chains, Followed by a quick "YA" I lost the disc on the very next hole :(

I have been playing 5 years now only 3 aces to your 4 very nice. But i just lost one of my discs i hit an ace with. I hate losing discs no matter what, but losing one you have aced with is even more painful.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
i play disc golf all the time..... on my ps move :troll:

but seriously i want to play it its really fun on the ps3

I like the game on ps move, it gets me thru the winter when ya cant play. Its fun but not even close to as fun as real life. But if you are going to start going, see if any of your friends play and they might be able to give ya some pointers starting out. Ease you into the game more and when ya go with friends its more fun and makes it more likely you will keep playing.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
I have been playing 5 years now only 3 aces to your 4 very nice. But i just lost one of my discs i hit an ace with. I hate losing discs no matter what, but losing one you have aced with is even more painful.

4 aces, I don't have any disc left that I got a hole in 1 with. Well, scratch that, i have soft plastic discraft avenger that I got an ace with my 3rd time with it. Something you should know about my driving, I go balls to wall for distance, so I love accuracy. After throwing said avenger full throttle into a tree it warped REALLY badly and I cant throw it anymore.

My first ever Ace was actually a skip in on my birthday while I was drunk as shit off delicious craft beer. sweet eh?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
never heard of this

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
frisbee golf is quite a bit different than real golf

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
I doubt that.

Only better part about golf is the driving a golf cart. I played real golf for 12 years weekly every spring and summer. I can crush the ball off the tee and chip like it aint no thing, after throwing a disc for the 3rd time, getting it to hook right to left (no ez feat) and watching it land 300 feet away I was hooked for life.

Ill still go regular golfing occasionally but the fact that it costs money to play on a course vs no fee at a disc golf course. Its an easy decision for me. Give it a chance dude!