Donator
Liked Posts:
Gopher Boy has spent too much time in Gopher Land. :smh:

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gopher Boy has spent too much time in Gopher Land. :smh:

I get a whole summer here too... the frisbee culture here is actually pretty big, HighJump would like. They have fucking high school frisbee teams, I didn't even know that was possible

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Haven't played since may. One problem is that it gets insanely hot around here, so you really have to frisbee golf in shaded courses.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the humidity here kills any chance of enjoying a round on open courses. But I got my practice basket I can put anywhere at my house in the country and make my own holes, with plenty of shade.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
What discs do you throw?

I'm a noob so I just got my first disc today :tiptoe: I've been borrowing friends discs for awhile. The disc I have is a Blue Innova Vulcan, is it good? My friend was telling me a little about the numbers on the discs that tell you if they're good or not but I got confused....how does that work? And what other discs would be good for e to get? I am trying to get a few more tomorrow at the local store

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd stay away from that disc for a while, unless you can throw it 350 ft+ already. I know the idea of throwing a fast driver is exciting, but you don't want to do that until you get better first. Start with a mid-range disc only for long throws. If your local store stocks Innova, get a Mako if they have one. It's probably the straightest non-putter they make. If you really want a driver get a TeeBird.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm a noob so I just got my first disc today :tiptoe: I've been borrowing friends discs for awhile. The disc I have is a Blue Innova Vulcan, is it good? My friend was telling me a little about the numbers on the discs that tell you if they're good or not but I got confused....how does that work? And what other discs would be good for e to get? I am trying to get a few more tomorrow at the local store

You can always scavenge around creeks for discs if you have them around the courses. That's what I did. But it's a better bet trying to get discs at a store if you're really looking for quality ones.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd stay away from that disc for a while, unless you can throw it 350 ft+ already. I know the idea of throwing a fast driver is exciting, but you don't want to do that until you get better first. Start with a mid-range disc only for long throws. If your local store stocks Innova, get a Mako if they have one. It's probably the straightest non-putter they make. If you really want a driver get a TeeBird.
alright cool thanks :elephant:

We did that to code :shifty:

What discs do you guys use?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ordered by most used

Drivers-
1- Latitude 64 Gold Line River- 170 G
2. Innova Star Destroyer- 175 G
3. Innova Blizzard Champion Destroyer- 132 G
4. Discraft Elite X Nuke- 170 G
5. Discraft Elite Z Flick- 170 G
6. Discraft Pro-D XL- 168 G

Mid Range-
1. Innova Star San Marino Roc- 173 G
2. Discraft Ti Buzzz- 175 G
3. Discraft Pro-D Buzzz- 165 G

Putter-
1. Discraft Pro-D Focus- 170 G

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said, only use mid-range discs until you get your form down. Once you're able to get better at flicking the disc with your wrist, then move up to real drivers. When I first started I was like "Oh I'm gonna get the fastest disc and bomb it out there every time." Well that wasn't the case after I bought my Destroyer. I threw it maybe 150 ft. on average.

I'd buy a starter set if you really want to get serious about it. I bought this Discraft Deluxe Disc Golf Set, which mine came with two drivers (Nuke and XL), a mid range (Buzzz) and putter (Focus) and also a disc bag.

Also there are different grades of plastic for the two main brands, Discraft and Innova. Pro-D (Discraft) and DX (Innova) are the cheapest and least durable. The best would probably be Champion (Innova), Star (Innova), Elite-Z (Discraft) and Titanium (Discraft), but those are more expensive. If you wanna get into other brands, the Gold Line brand from Latitude 64 is very durable.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I picked up a Mako today and went and tried it out, loved the feel of it and shot pretty well. I was thinking of getting a starter kit out on the course today so I'm glad you posted that :hi5:

My form is getting better but still definitely needs work lol

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Love frolfing, lack of it (and beer and chicago style food) is the hardest part of living abroad for me. On the occasional trips back stateside, I hit up courses on the far North side (Libertyville,Highland Park, etc.). No better way to enjoy the Summer imo. Just a blunt, mild physical activity, and sunshine, can't beat that.

I use a Star Destroyer and a Star Rhino.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lost my 8th Chapion Boss!!! I am getting sick of losing these damn things. The problem I have is I have figured the boss out and throw it very well, the issue is I throw it too far and cant keep tabs on where exactly it may have gone into tall grass/ trees. I also was in Denver last week, went discing in the Rockies and it was fantastic. The course was incredibly scenic and a fun and a decent challenge. I recommend if you make it out there check out the courses you will not be disappointed. Just have to keep an eye out for bears.