Who Would You Keep....

wendell#13

Liked Posts:
first off, cool site, glad to be here.

if the time comes when there is no hope for this season.....

is there anyone on the current major league roster that you would hesitate trading if you were jim hendry?

i would say marmol, and that's about it.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I would say no one is untouchable. Everyone is trade bait as far as I'm concerned.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just the 25 man roster?
Ryan Dempster
Carlos Marmol

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Well unfortunately ole Jimmy signed a bunch of blank check no trade clauses so not many guys are tradeable from the team.

Soriano
Dempster
Lee
Samardjza
Lilly
Ramirez

are completely untradeable.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well unfortunately ole Jimmy signed a bunch of blank check no trade clauses so not many guys are tradeable from the team.

Soriano

Dempster
Lee
Samardjza
Lilly
Ramirez

are completely untradeable.

Dang.. I wish we could trade him.. I'd even take cash considerations.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Dang.. I wish we could trade him.. I'd even take cash considerations.

Wait, you think someone is going to PAY to get that ridiculous contract and aged buffoon? If anything, the Cubs would have to pay most, if not all, of the money left on the deal and THEN they may be able to negotiate a marginal minor leaguer in return. This would only be an "addition by subtraction" move. No way the Cubs are getting any value in return.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade him to Toronto for Vernon Wells

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
I'd trade him to Toronto for Vernon Wells

That's about the only person in the league you could trade him for except that Wells at his worst is still a plus defender and less injury prone than Soriano.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
That's about the only person in the league you could trade him for except that Wells at his worst is still a plus defender and less injury prone than Soriano.

Yeah, but if the Cubs aren't paying any of that Soriano deal, they're probably going to have to handicap the farm system just to pry Wells away from the Jays.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Who they trade is highly dependent on what they get in return. The only player on the roster I think they should absolutely not let go of is Aramis. He's slumping now but the guy is too good and to hard to replace as a 3B.

I think they need to do what it takes to get Adrian Gonzalez save trading Castro. I think historically Lee hasnt provided enough offense for a 1B playing in Wrigley Field in a division with Pujols and Fielder. I think had we had more offense from Lee during the past several years, it would have been less necessary to pay a premium for offense at, say, left field.

I realize Lee is popular and many will disagree with me. I also like Lee, he's a good pro and quality person but Im looking at it from the standpoint of production.