Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I know I'm Mr. Chicago (at least here in Toledo anyway), but fuck these guys. I don't root for minor league Chicago teams (wolves, express, etc) if they're not affiliated with a major league team in Chicago.

I'm going to the Toledo Walleye home opener vs. Chicago and I'm rooting for Toledo (Chicago ECHL affiliate).

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoffman Estates, IL – The Chicago Express, proud member of the ECHL and proud affiliate of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets, announced today that they acquired the rights to F Bobby Robins from the Bakersfield Condors in exchange for future considerations. Robins also subsequently agreed to terms with the Express.

Robins, 29, appeared in 46 games during the 2010-11 season with the Condors, also of the ECHL. He made his presence known in those games, scoring 14 goals and adding 13 assists for 27 points. The 6-2, 220 pound forward also picked up 186 PIM, including 15 fighting majors. His post-season totals included an assist and a fight in four games played.

The Peshtigo, WI, native has played in 102 games in the American Hockey League, including 80 games for the Binghamton Senators in 2006-07. There, he scored 15 points to go along with 110 PIM. His ECHL career has spanned 114 games in Elmira and Bakersfield, where he has a combined 62 points (32g, 30a) and 337 PIM. Robins and Express Head Coach Steve Martinson are familiar with each other, as Martinson was the bench boss with Elmira when Robins was on the roster in 2007-08.

Robins spent two seasons overseas, collecting hardware during both seasons. In 2009-10, he played for the Slovenian Champion HK Jesenice, and he won the Challenge Cup with the Belfast Giants of the Elite Ice Hockey League in 2008-09. Robins led HK Jesenice in PIM with 178 in 34 games in 2009-10.

Playing four seasons at UMass-Lowell from 2002-2006, Robins accrued 32 goals and 37 assists for 69 points in 127 games. His best season came in 2005-06, when he led his team in points (31) and PIM (94). He was second on the team with 18 assists, and third in goals with 13.

“Bobby, at 6-2, 220 pounds, is the definition of a power forward,” said Head Coach Steve Martinson. “He scores, fights, and hits like a truck. Throw in Chaz Johnson and Blair Riley, and we have three of the most physical goal scorers in the league. There will be no place to hide.”

Getting tougher

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoffman Estates, IL – The Chicago Express, proud member of the ECHL and proud affiliate of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets, announced today that forward Matt Lombardi, defenseman Matt Campanale, and defenseman Scott Wietecha have joined the team.

Lombardi, 23, comes to the Express after completing his rookie campaign with the Trenton Devils (ECHL) last season. In 66 games with Trenton, Lombardi picked up 20 goals and 13 assists for 33 points. Before turning pro, the 5-11, 185 pound forward spent four seasons with Boston College (NCAA) from 2006-2010. During his senior year, the Milton, MA, native served as the Alternate Captain of the NCAA National Champion Boston College squad. He also was awarded the Hockey East Tournament MVP during that season. In his NCAA career, Lombardi collected two National Championships (2007-08 and 2009-10), and three Hockey East Championships (2006-07, 2007-08, and 2009-10). His collegiate numbers included 33 points in 145 games.

Campanale, 23, finished a four-year career with the University of New Hampshire last season. He played six professional games after his collegiate schedule ended, including one with the NHL’s New York Islanders and five with their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. While at the University of New Hampshire, the 5-11, 201 pound defenseman collected a Hockey East Regular Season Championship in 2009-10. He finished his collegiate career with 24 points in 106 games.

Wietecha, 23, will be competing in his rookie season after a four-year career with the Ferris State University Bulldogs last season. He also appeared in six games with the Elmira Jackals at the end of last year. Wietecha dressed for 126 games at Ferris State, totaling 51 points to go along with 165 penalty minutes. Before heading to the NCAA, the Wolverine Lake, MI, native played 93 games over two seasons in the USHL, where he had 36 points and 142 PIM.

“Lombardi had an outstanding rookie year, scoring 20 goals,” said Head Coach Steve Martinson. “Campanale is an outstanding defensive defenseman who led his team in plus/minus last year. Scott Wietecha is a gritty, good all-around defenseman.”

3 more added

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Express gonna win the (Is it the Turner?) Cup!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Thanks, I knew it was either Turner or Kelly.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tifu, Lehman Highlight Newest Roster Additions

Hoffman Estates, IL – The Chicago Express, proud member of the ECHL and proud affiliate of the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets, announced today that F Yannick Tifu and D Scott Lehman have been added to the Training Camp roster. Tifu has agreed to terms with the Express, while Lehman joins on a Professional Tryout contract.

Tifu, 26, spent last season with both the Elmira Jackals (ECHL) and the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL). The 5-11, 185 pound center played 64 games with the Jackals, picking up 73 points on 28 goals and 45 assists to go along with 109 penalty minutes, which included nine fighting majors. In his ten games with Binghamton, Tifu notched an assist and two PIM.

The Brossard, Quebec, native has played six professional seasons in the UHL, ECHL, and AHL. His professional career includes 124 goals and 288 assists for 412 points and 534 PIM in 416 games. His most prolific scoring has occurred in ECHL play, where he has 308 points (92g, 216a) in 259 games.

Tifu played four seasons in the QMJHL before turning pro, all with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. In 2003-04, Tifu led his team in goals, assists, and points, and in 2004-05 he led his team in assists while finishing third in points.

Lehman, 25, has joined the Express on a Professional Tryout agreement. He is a familiar face in

the Chicago area, as he has played 104 games with the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. Lehman played two games with the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) last season, picking up six PIM. The 6-1, 194 pound defenseman also skated in 49 games with the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL), where he scored seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points to go along with 104 PIM.

Lehman has played in 234 professional contests, including one game with the NHL’s Atlanta Thrashers. He has 47 points and 439 PIM in his career. The Ft. McMurray, Alberta, native also played 244 games in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) where he had 121 points (15g, 106a) and 603 PIM. He led the Toronto St. Michael’s Majors in PIM three times in his four-year major-junior career.

“Yannick is a great passer,” said Head Coach Steve Martinson. “He can score and sees the ice well. He is one of the premier passers in the league. Lehman is a hard-hitting defenseman who can really skate, and who could play wing if needed. He had great numbers in juniors, and I’m looking for him to be more offensive on this team.”

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHaxVlnI4Y&feature=player_embedded]Tyson Gimblett vs. Bobby Robins - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf5Vv-i0tJg&feature=player_embedded]Leigh Salters vs. Blair Riley - YouTube[/ame]

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Express

New local hockey team starting up, first home game tomorrow :beerbang:I'm interested to see how they do :)

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody check out a game yet?