MLB All-Time Draft?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NHL draft was cancelled and unlikely to ever have enough interest to really be worthwhile doing. And I am not a big basketball guy, which is why I stayed out of the NBA redrafts. How many people would be interested in doing a baseball redraft? I like the all-time angle, but really just curious to see if there would be interest in doing a draft like this.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'd be down.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thought was more single season or peak. But that would be something to decide before we actually did this. I was mostly just seeing who ould be interested. If we get enough interest we can iron out the rules.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am so down for this. And I agree we can iron out the rules later. But how many teams? Unlike the other sports, baseball has a MASSIVE history. If you had 50 teams (yeah right) it wouldn't be an issue at all.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we can have as many as people are interested. If there is only 5 or 6 of us it wouldn't be terribly interesting. I was also going to propose instead of voting using a program like baseball mogul or ootp to decide the outcome but we can talk about rules later.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd be interested...but in order to avoid debates like the ones we're having in the NBA redraft, I would draft players and use a single season in the last 8 years or so...Either than, or Everybody gets a known steroid user on their team, but just one...lol...those mid-late 90's #s were just silly.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it seems like we are starting to get a bit of interest (6 people if everyone who has responded is interested). There have been a number of good suggestions so far, and perhaps we ought to start a discussion on how this draft would be conducted.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baseball draft? Two words: Fuck yes!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was pretty active in the nhl redraft, but that one was cancelled.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd go more with career. Too many great seasons by obscure guys.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd go more with career. Too many great seasons by obscure guys.

I can see the argument for that, but I suppose it depends on what we want to use to determine the winner. If we are just doing matchups like the nba draft, then we could go more based on career (though again are we talking about longevity or peak). I was thinking about using a game like mogul to determine the results which would be a lot easier if we were using just a season from each player. However, I don't know what everyone would want to do, and I was more just throwing out the idea for want to be involved in a fantasy sports draft.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Drafts are a lot of work.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you sure? Not to call you out, but you haven't participated in the NFL auction draft you signed up for.

Way too confuse and didn't know what to do. It seem to be all over the place and didn't all together.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drafts are a lot of work.

They are a lot of work. Though the amount really depends on what method we determine the winner. I am okay with doing the bulk of the work if there are enough people interested and it starts relatively soon. The school year is fast approaching and while the early weeks aren't bad for work my time will be limited here starting in a couple weeks.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well given the amount of interest shown so far, I am guessing this won't work. Didn't realize how big basketball was on this forum til now...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you should have seen the bulls forum during the lebron drama last summer..

anywho, i would do this if i knew a little more about MLB history

its not that i know nothing about MLB history, but compared to football and basketball, i know a little less history wise

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should have trusted the fact that the bulls forum doubles up any other forum, but given what i have seen with SP94 and other posts in there I wasn't sure to take the post count seriously.

Just unforunate for me because I would love to do an actual sports redraft, but it seems that there is always 6-7 people really interested in doing it in baseball or hockey. And that really isn't enough to justify doing it.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks