Manchester United After Newcastle Midfielder Tiote?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Are Manchester United After Newcastle Midfielder Cheick Tiote?

Cheick Tiote – rumors the Red Devils want him

Chelsea first showed an interest in the defensive midfielder last January, but at that time Cheick said he didn’t want to move to London, and was quite happy at Newcastle.

It was the same day that local lad Andy Carroll packed his bags for Liverpool.

The Ivory Coast international was signed from FC Twente last August for £3.5M, after being scouted for a few years by now Newcastle Chief Scout, Graham Carr.

Cheick had a terrific first season on Tyneside, and if he left he would be the fourth top player to leave Newcastle this year, joining Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and Jose Enrique out of the Newcastle door, because of the strategy of Mike Ashley – which simply put is “buy cheap and sell big”.

You talk about being a selling club, but we notice that Tottenham have tried to hang onto their top player, Luka Modric, and Arsenal tried mightily to hang onto both Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, although they lost Fabregas to Barcelona yesterday, and Nasri is likely to move to Manchester City before September rolls around.

The Tiote rumor is in a report on the Caughtoffside web-site, which hasn’t always been accurate with some of their reports, but this will be worrisome to Newcastle fans, because of at least a couple of reasons.

First of all we know that every player has his price on Tyneside, and of the Red Devils make a big bid, owner Mike Ashley could accept it.

The second thing is we don’t know how Cheick will react to one of the world’s most famous club apparently having an interest in him, and the reports suggest he may go for around £15M.

Let’s see now, that a £11.5M profit in just 12 months – so yes – Mike Ashley could well accept that bid.

We hope this rumor has no foundation to it at all, and we certainly don’t want to lose the midfielder on August 31st, and have no time to bring in a replacement. If that stupidity happened, it would be déjà vu – all over again.

And if the disaster takes place, and Cheick does leave Tyneside, what are the chances that Alan Pardew will come out and say the money will be re-invested back into the squad – honest!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars