CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
So a lot of us have roots to the CBMB (Chicago Bears Message Board) so a thread about it seems useful.

I know me and Zack used to post there way back in the day and I've been posting there the past year and a half as BeardownC6. Met some pretty cool guys and some have started posting over here like DaBears_85, Nvanprooyen, Ole69, many others, etc.

Post about what has pissed you off, the moderation, any good memories, etc.

Anybody else used to post there?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think mod1 needs to retire either voluntarily or by force. That guy used to mod me for months at a time for implying the F-word or any other bullshit he could come up with, while his buddies get away with doing the same and much worse.

He watches out for his friends who also happen to be the most banned (debbiebears, nakoma, etc.).

The combination of trolling and homerism over there, and the letting certain people act like they own the place, is getting to be too much for me.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
also, bronn kicks more ass than khal drogo, although the crown part was pretty cool

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
also, bronn kicks more ass than khal drogo, although the crown part was pretty cool

It's not possible to kick more ass than Khal Drogo though. Science backs my story up. :smoke:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I posted the Bears Mock Draft link over there several times...told ppl I wasn't necessarily trying to drive posters over here, and met some resistance. I guess it's to be expected, but some ppl over there were just douchey.

Bears12

Liked Posts:
I used to love the CBMB around 06-07, but ultimately left due to the stupid moderation. i remember seeing you post a lot Ole, I was a lurker but, good to see you alive.

CBMB went to shit fast, hopefully some of those guys swing by here.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I posted the Bears Mock Draft link over there several times...told ppl I wasn't necessarily trying to drive posters over here, and met some resistance. I guess it's to be expected, but some ppl over there were just douchey.

There are a lot of good guys over there but, they only post there because of a small batch of people. For instance if Ole/Nvan/Les and some other funny posters weren't posting there, I would see no need to visit.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't think it could be more simply put than: it was so much better without tbag54 there.

BTW, that Drogo actor is the new Conan (everyone else probably already knew that though).

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
BTW, that Drogo actor is the new Conan (everyone else probably already knew that though).

Yeah I feel like a teenage girl because I plan to see that movie just because he's in it. Him as Drogo in GoT was 10/10. :clap:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Hola....

I just signed up here (thanks rush). That board has gone downhill the past 5 years. I remember where there was a day where you could actually talk football...meaning there were 2 or 3 paragraphs of decent material from each poster in a thread. Now it's turned into a bitchfest over there. You've got the two extreme's homer/haterz and those in the middle who would much rather discuss the team objectively usually gets put on the side of a hater...by the homer.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah I feel like a teenage girl because I plan to see that movie just because he's in it. Him as Drogo in GoT was 10/10. :clap:
Minus the part of how he died like a biotch.... The dude's pec stopped a blade, and he dies of infection, WTF!?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hola....

I just signed up here (thanks rush). That board has gone downhill the past 5 years. I remember where there was a day where you could actually talk football...meaning there were 2 or 3 paragraphs of decent material from each poster in a thread. Now it's turned into a bitchfest over there. You've got the two extreme's homer/haterz and those in the middle who would much rather discuss the team objectively usually gets put on the side of a hater...by the homer.

Seems like the meatballs have taken over. I hate when the site gets criticism because there ARE good posters such as the ones Ole69 suggested but, outside of that list, the site truly has gone to hell.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I used to love the CBMB around 06-07, but ultimately left due to the stupid moderation. i remember seeing you post a lot Ole, I was a lurker but, good to see you alive.

CBMB went to shit fast, hopefully some of those guys swing by here.

cool to see you too.

the guy who played khal drogo/plays conan says he has already written his own sequel to the conan movie, lol.

nerdy factoid: george rr martin who wrote the game of thrones books did some writing work on the conan movies back in the day

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hola....

Yeah...I mean, it happens a bit here, too (as it does at every MB)...but here it's controlled much better, and having the group of solid posters and contributors we do over here tends to leave openings for every opinion.

Also, the moderation over here is solid. It's a good mix. Not every moderator always agrees w/ the other, and not every moderator is liked, which actually helps the moderation team as a whole, imo...we don't have a group of friends that play Dungeons and Dragons in one of their parent's basements every weekend deciding ppl who disagree w/ one of them should be banned.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
KvcoT.jpg

Actually made this yesterday. My favorite scene from GoT outside of him eventually dying from a move of badassery.

For those who have NO idea what we're talking about.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqdSjdtPAQ[/ame]

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Also, the moderation over here is solid. It's a good mix. Not every moderator always agrees w/ the other, and not every moderator is liked, which actually helps the moderation team as a whole, imo...we don't have a group of friends that play Dungeons and Dragons in one of their parent's basements every weekend deciding ppl who disagree w/ one of them should be banned.

Yeah...man...from hanging out in FF since becoming totally disinterested in the Chicago Bears football side...I can see how th mods play favorites over there.

There were times Ole would be put on moderation...and I'm like WTH? I've done worse

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What does "put in moderation" mean? In all of my time running websites I've never heard the term. I guess that's good as in I don't do it lol

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What does "put in moderation" mean? In all of my time running websites I've never heard the term. I guess that's good as in I don't do it lol

sounds like being put on the shit-list.