Official Offseason Thread - CUBS edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hates Wrigley, he hates the Cubs, didn't he grow up as a Cardinal fan along with being a White Sock for so long.

Players look at the MONEY!! So if Cubs give him best offer that can change very quickly. I agree it a long shot but cant say it wont happen

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players look at the MONEY!! So if Cubs give him best offer that can change very quickly. I agree it a long shot but cant say it wont happen

ARE YOU FLAT OUT Special person!!!??? The dude doesn't want to pitch for us. And honestly do you really think we are going to outbid the Sox the other Sox the Yanks the Marlins and whoever else is in on him? Jesus fucking christ I really wish I could see you as a team owner. You would first of all be fired by the other owners for your idiocity, and two you would probably run out of money just trying to put together a team. All you ever say is just throw money here, throw money there. Then say the Cubs are a BIG MARKET TEAM THAT CAN SPEND!! Look what happened last time we went out and spent. Were still paying for it. You can't just go out and blow money on everything. Seriously please be a GM or an owner? Marbe work t=for the Cards or the White Sox? Please?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can throw money at Buehrle, but that's not going to make him any more likely to come to the Cubs. If he leaves the Sox for any other team, I'd expect to see him go to Miami to rejoin Ozzie or to St. Louis because of his roots.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs won't be the high bidder. I can guarantee that.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs have had multiple discussions with Mark Buehrle's agent Jeff Berry, a source tells Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (Twitter link). Berry also met with Marlins earlier today. Morosi sums up the other interested clubs: the White Sox, Blue Jays, Royals, Angels, Nationals, and Diamondbacks.

Earlier in November, we heard that the Cubs would have interest in the longtime White Sox pitcher "if the price tag and years aren't astronomical." Considering the number of Buehrle rumors we've heard so far this offseason, there appears to be plenty of competition, but we don't have a clear idea yet of the years and dollars the lefty might be offered.

Source: Cubs, Buehrle's Agent Have Had Multiple Discussions: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARE YOU FLAT OUT Special person!!!??? The dude doesn't want to pitch for us. And honestly do you really think we are going to outbid the Sox the other Sox the Yanks the Marlins and whoever else is in on him? Jesus fucking christ I really wish I could see you as a team owner. You would first of all be fired by the other owners for your idiocity, and two you would probably run out of money just trying to put together a team. All you ever say is just throw money here, throw money there. Then say the Cubs are a BIG MARKET TEAM THAT CAN SPEND!! Look what happened last time we went out and spent. Were still paying for it. You can't just go out and blow money on everything. Seriously please be a GM or an owner? Marbe work t=for the Cards or the White Sox? Please?

I NEVER said i wanted Buerhle. I was just pointing out its idiotic to say Buehrle to Cubs cant happen. So learn how to read and understand a post. Sox wont outbid anyone cause they basically already said they cant affor him. I dont see Cubs outbidding NYY or BOS or even MIA.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Chen Weighing Multiyear Offers
By Tim Dierkes [November 16, 2011 at 9:39am CST]
Lefty Bruce Chen has multiyear offers, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. He says the Royals and Cubs are among the teams talking to Chen, with the Royals perhaps focused on him.

Chen, a 34-year-old Scott Boras client, has never had a multiyear deal in his career. This year for the Royals he posted a 3.77 ERA, 5.6 K/9, 2.9 BB/9, 1.05 HR/9, and 34.6% groundball rate in 155 innings.

Bruce Chen Weighing Multiyear Offers: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Chen Weighing Multiyear Offers
By Tim Dierkes [November 16, 2011 at 9:39am CST]
Lefty Bruce Chen has multiyear offers, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. He says the Royals and Cubs are among the teams talking to Chen, with the Royals perhaps focused on him.

Chen, a 34-year-old Scott Boras client, has never had a multiyear deal in his career. This year for the Royals he posted a 3.77 ERA, 5.6 K/9, 2.9 BB/9, 1.05 HR/9, and 34.6% groundball rate in 155 innings.

Bruce Chen Weighing Multiyear Offers: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

If the Cubs picked him up, that'd be two automatic wins against the Sox every year. Bruce turns into his alter ego, Cy Chen against them. :lol:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The Latest from the GM Meetings |

More rumblings has made it’s way about the Cubs…

Bruce Levine: The Cubs will make a strong push for 26 year old OF Yoenis Cespedes and P Yu Darvish. However, Darvish still has not been posted because of the Japan series. He’s expected to be posted, though. But a team may not be able to sign him for some time.

Bruce Levine: There’s no doubt that P Kerry Wood will re-sign with the Cubs. Yeah…we already know that.

John Morosi and Phil Rogers: The Cubs are interested in ex White Sox Mark Buehrle. The Cubs have spoke with Buehrle’s agent more that once, but no contract offer was made. It’s reported that Buehrle is looking for a 4 year contract and Jim Bowden is predicting Buehrle will land a 4 year/56 million contract. If that’s the case, the Cubs should stay away from Buehrle. I have a feeling a team will regret that contract if that’s what they give him.

It’s presumed that Jason Varitek will land in Chicago as the back-up catcher. That will mean Koyie Hill will finally be gone. What Cub fan won’t be happy. Bruce Levine says it’s time to play the youngsters (Welington Castillo or Steve Clevenger). Levine also states…if the Cubs were to bring in Varitek, it could mean Geovany has been traded.

Levine thinks Andrew Cashner will be in the bullpen next year. Could he be the closer if Carlos Marmol is traded? Marmol is expected to gain interest from teams.

Chicago Sun-Times: The Cubs are interested in another Cuban and that’s 19 year-old Jorge Soler. The Yankees (go figure) and the Nationals are also interesed in signing Soler. One scout said he has an average arm and average bat speed. John Manuel of BA said “Soler has a strapping 6-foot-3, 205-pound body and has five-tool potential. Soler has bat speed and what one scout called ‘explosive power’ to go with above-average arm strength.” The Cubs could have more interest in him because he is only 19 years old. A signing of him or Cespedes will still be great.

Terry Francona: “I will not manage in 2012″. So…you can cross him off the list of the Cubs managerial candidates. No surprise, really.

Danny Knobler: “Cubs realize they have long-term rebuild. Will listen on anyone. Could be wild trade market with both Chicago teams.”

Jon Heyman: P Bruce Chen has multi-year offers…the Royals and Cubs have been talking to him. The 34 year old was 12-8 with a 3.77era and had 97 strikeouts in 155 innings. I really don’t see how a signing of Chen helps. I guess if the price is cheap, go for it. However, signing Chen should not be fast and look at all the other options first via trade and the free agent market.

Buster Olney: “Two Cubs who figure to draw most interest from contending teams between now and next July 31: Sean Marshall and Matt Garza.” This tweet from Olney is kind of obvious.

Bob Nightengale: ”Cubs telling teams they’ll listen to trade offers on everyone this winter while trying rebuild to be competitive in future.” This Winter could get interesting.

That’s the latest from a busy week in Milwaukee.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
oh, btw

brenly is an idiot

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're calling it "The Latest from the GM Meetings", maybe you should include the Sox news/rumors so we don't look biased... :lol:

Haha I was thinking that... Yeah I should do that or change the title. "Latest from the GM Mettings-Cubs". Something like that. I'll prolly have a post tomorrow about the GM meetings, so my decision will then come.

Status
Not open for further replies.