Official Offseason Thread - CUBS edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead derailing every single thread with the same spending talk, talk about it in here.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there are also other members here that have their own thread title.

Poodski, Highjump, Icehog, 901 ETC

There is no reason for long stale debates over and over again in other threads. He wants to talk about the cubs and them being big buyers, he can talk about here.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
title change out of respect for a user (not CO) here.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well ok we will try to talk about it in here but it gets brought up alot cause we dont know what is going to happen.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well ok we will try to talk about it in here but it gets brought up alot cause we dont know what is going to happen.
A great thread by Waldo, Rice, Dabs, and others was derailed and closed by this BS talk.

DaBears1995

Liked Posts:
Cubs will spend the money and will have more busts come their way. Continue the streak of sign a good player, have them ruin their career with the Cubs. It's funny how free agents still sign with them.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
A great thread by Waldo, Rice, Dabs, and others was derailed and closed by this BS talk.

My thinking is its good that these converstations going on. Even if in a thread not titled exactly what we suppose to talk about. I bet CHW forum wish it had this much action :rimshot:

PS: Just playing CHW fans

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
pretty sure ricketts is going to spend this offseason..i wasnt sure a couple of days or a week ago...but i read some articles and it seems like ricketts does not want to be reserved this offseason...

i still wonder how the money will be spent(i like the increase investment in prospects)..and if there still may be payroll cuts

i have an apprehensive feeling about FA, either we get some good FAs but we pay a little more than we have to because of a competition market..or we miss some big FAs, and then overpay an older declining veteran or some other consolation prize

thats just me

frankly..i think one of the biggest needs is pitching...which in the front demp and garza is solid..but besides that we have some serious question marks...we need another top of the rotation guy and maybe another rotation/bullpen pitcher....i think we can get atleast one

did CO quit CCS? cuz thats what i'm hearing..

he was a bit of a homer sometimes, but he was a relatively good poster...sad to see him go

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pretty sure ricketts is going to spend this offseason..i wasnt sure a couple of days or a week ago...but i read some articles and it seems like ricketts does not want to be reserved this offseason...

i still wonder how the money will be spent(i like the increase investment in prospects)..and if there still may be payroll cuts

i have an apprehensive feeling about FA, either we get some good FAs but we pay a little more than we have to because of a competition market..or we miss some big FAs, and then overpay an older declining veteran or some other consolation prize

thats just me

frankly..i think one of the biggest needs is pitching...which in the front demp and garza is solid..but besides that we have some serious question marks...we need another top of the rotation guy and maybe another rotation/bullpen pitcher....i think we can get atleast one

did CO quit CCS? cuz thats what i'm hearing..

he was a bit of a homer sometimes, but he was a relatively good poster...sad to see him go

This is the first that I have heard of me quitting CCS.... interesting though.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you'll find out whether they will spend by what is done in December/January as well as how much of the salaries are deferred or backloaded. At this point everything is speculation.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My thinking is its good that these converstations going on. Even if in a thread not titled exactly what we suppose to talk about. I bet CHW forum wish it had this much action :rimshot:

Well its fine and dandy until threads titled Draft signings thread, which Waldo did a great job with got derailed by free agency plans for 2012 which have been beaten like a dead horse on here all summer.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The only reason why this one is more active is there are just a few people here who post all day long. Nothing wrong with that,just letting you know. And no, there is no good conversations coming out of derailing every single thread about spending money on FA's. It gets old and stale very quick when you go into multiple threads and it keeps getting brought up on how they are going to spend so much money. I am guilty of enabling him and his homerism by debating with him in those threads, so from now on, it will be this thread for this discussion. The other threads will be handled in the appropriate manner from now on.

I closed the draft threads due to the derailment. I created another one for the draft, if there is something closed because of this, feel free to create a new one for that specific discussion.

Guys like dabs, Rice, Fisch, Wrigley etc dont always want to talk about tom ricketts, there are other things about the cubs that should be talked about.

now get back on topic! :)

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm not very big on signing Fielder... and certainly not on Pujols. By the time Pujols' ten years would be up... he'd practically be in a wheel chair at the plate if the Cub's terrific history of FA luck holds true.

I wouldn't be against bringing back ARam for a year or two, but I wouldn't be sad to see him go either. Granted, there isn't really much out there to replace him with right now. Perhaps David Wright might be available through trade, but that's a bit of an injury risk. Berkman will also be available as a FA, but can he still play 1B and not risk re-injuring anything? I also think that there should be a huge push for CJ Wilson, but I doubt the Rangers will let him actually reach the FA market before extending him. Beyond him, there really isn't much that will be on the FA market that I'd think throwing a lot of cash at would be worth doing. while there are a number of FA's I'd love to go after in 2013... that's too far away to count on any of those guys not being extended by then (Kemp, Hamels, Cain, Marcum, Grienke, McCann -option, Jared Weaver, Danks, Granderson).

Last edited:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm not very big on signing Fielder... and certainly not on Pujols. By the time Pujols' ten years would be up... he'd practically be in a wheel chair at the plate if the Cub's terrific history of FA luck holds true.

I wouldn't be against bringing back ARam for a year or two, but I wouldn't be sad to see him go either. Granted, there isn't really much out there to replace him with right now. Perhaps David Wright might be available through trade, but that's a bit of an injury risk. Berkman will also be available as a FA, but can he still play 1B and not risk re-injuring anything? I also think that there should be a huge push for CJ Wilson, but I doubt the Rangers will let him actually reach the FA market before extending him. Beyond him, there really isn't much that will be on the FA market that I'd think throwing a lot of cash at would be worth doing. while there are a number of FA's I'd love to go after in 2013... that's too far away to count on any of those guys not being extended by then (Kemp, Hamels, Cain, Marcum, Grienke, McCann -option, Jared Weaver, Danks, Granderson).

Why don't you want Fielder? I think he, or at least some big name, is all but a lock. They definitely want to compete next year. If they didn't, I think they would have found a way to get rid of Ramirez. If we aren't competing, Ramirez is useless.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only reason why this one is more active is there are just a few people here who post all day long. Nothing wrong with that,just letting you know. And no, there is no good conversations coming out of derailing every single thread about spending money on FA's. It gets old and stale very quick when you go into multiple threads and it keeps getting brought up on how they are going to spend so much money. I am guilty of enabling him and his homerism by debating with him in those threads, so from now on, it will be this thread for this discussion. The other threads will be handled in the appropriate manner from now on.

I closed the draft threads due to the derailment. I created another one for the draft, if there is something closed because of this, feel free to create a new one for that specific discussion.

Guys like dabs, Rice, Fisch, Wrigley etc dont always want to talk about tom ricketts, there are other things about the cubs that should be talked about.

now get back on topic! :)

There is going to be one less person doing that in four days...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is going to be one less person doing that in four days...
Make that 2. :talktohand::elephant::admin::rimshot:

:pacman2::pacman::slap::fist:

:smh::kick::buttrock:

Status
Not open for further replies.